Thinking about a battery case (AA)

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
I need spare AA battery storage for feeding the hungry hungry headsets. Which is the best one to use?

This one?
aa-battery-case-3-1008-304520_large.jpg

This one?
battery_case-3.jpg

Or this?
$_32.JPG

Third one. The first two the opening and closing will eventually break the clamshell off at the “hinge”.

Youre overthinking it. Put in a LEMO plug and get a new headset

I got a few of the third type that they were giving away as samples at Oshkosh a few years back. Work fine.

Really? We need dedicated battery storage containers now?

And a multipage thread arguing over the minutiae of which is best and why. Probably degenerating into personal attacks when others won't agree that mine is the obvious best choice. (This is the summary of the thread.)

And a multipage thread arguing over the minutiae of which is best and why. Probably degenerating into personal attacks when others won't agree that mine is the obvious best choice. (This is the summary of the thread.)

I guess there is the argument that me throwing my extra batteries loosely into one of the pockets of my flight bag will eventually cause a fiery explosion and subsequent crash. I think the airplane hobby has got to be one of the most gadgetyest (yep, just made that up...feel free to use it) of all the hobbies.

I guess there is the argument that me throwing my extra batteries loosely into one of the pockets of my flight bag will eventually cause a fiery explosion and subsequent crash. I think the airplane hobby has got to be one of the most gadgetyest (yep, just made that up...feel free to use it) of all the hobbies.
Depends. Did you file a flight plan for each battery individually?

I agree. Ted thinks about the important stuff. ;)

Right now I'm thinking about picking up my new trailer tomorrow... assuming the place I want to buy it from is going to be open.

I'll rephrase.

Ted thinks about the important stuff OR stuff only applicable to Ted.

Reactions: Ted
What we really need to know is regardless of which type one decides on, does the positive terminal go up or down?

What we really need to know is regardless of which type one decides on, does the positive terminal go up or down?
Button goes up when the battery has charge. Button goes down if the battery is dead. With the first case, button left indicates charged battery and button right indicates discharged battery. Some people even label their cases so nobody forgets.
battery2.jpg

I'll rephrase.

Ted thinks about the important stuff OR stuff only applicable to Ted.

True. I generally post what I'm thinking about if it's something I want input on. But I might post about this new trailer if the deal goes through.

There's a reason @Ted DuPuis gets to talk about his hot section and I don't.

I saw a G-III advertized for $55k the other day. No hush kits. Buy it and then you, too, can talk about your hot sections.

Of course you also won't be allowed to operate it since it has no hush kits on it.

Back