the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

What happened? Tornado or something.
Straight line winds. Clocked 80mph in some places. Took out a lot of power poles & trees. We were lucky, about 5 miles south of here they had 3" hail. Unlike a tornado the damage was very widespread. Yesterday Ameren said they had over 100k customers without power, I think they're down to under 10k now.

:yeahthat:
"Deracho" I believe is the term de jour.

I was gonna say that, but I thought the radar image would more accurately depict how p o'd the sky was.

Hangar make it through?

I was gonna say that, but I thought the radar image would more accurately depict how p o'd the sky was.

Hangar make it through?
Yeah no worries there. Plane was in Michigan with us anyway. We had no idea anything was going on until an old neighbor texted and asked if we got any of the 3" hail :eek:

A friend of mine then posted this on her fb:
2418.jpeg

In other news, it's 8:35. Still no power.....

I had a busy day.
Went flying early before the winds came up . Its a 40 mile drive to the south where I hanger my plane.
Relatively calm at 7 AM but was gusting 20 to 25 knots after an hours flight. Went out to check crops and practice turns around all the neighbors' houses.
Altitude Density changed from 3500 to 5600' in an hours flight. Nice cross wind landing in the gusts . Gives some pucker power to the sphincter muscle.
Hangered the C172 and headed further south 85 miles to buy a new computer. The old one died a day or so ago.
Back home by 2 PM . Now just finishing up the reinstall of "stuff".
Also got to make a "low pass" over a Border Patrol vehicle parked in the trees at an abandoned farmstead along the US-Canadian border.
I think he was sleeping. Will probably catch a "that a boy" from the supervisor tomorrow. :)

This just happened:

I go up to the guy cutting lumber at Home Depot and ask, “Can you tell me where I can find a couple of yard sticks?”

His reply, “How long?”
When elk hunting in the mountains a few years ago, a couple of gentleman with rokon trail bikes came into camp. Get to talking about them. Buddy who wasn't privy to the conversation walks up, "hey, that thing got 4 wheel drive?"

God bless this stranger..."you didn't do well in school did you?"

6 years after moving in, finally got the garage decrapified enough to park the car in it. IMG_4862.jpeg

TIL to board a horse [in NE Kansas] is ~$800/mo. As I equate this to hangaring an airplane, I’ll declare that I’ve found something more expensive than flying!

Looks like a rather long garage. I'd estimate that you've got about 5 feet of space for recrapification.

and a high ceiling. plenty of room for more "essentials"

For the last 5 years I have had a pair of leather work gloves, 2 left ones.

This morning I found the 2 right ones.

The problem now is what do I do with 2 pair of work gloves.??

I'll sit corrected ... :dunno:

Some folks that think Asian girls are quiet, obedient and submissive... never met my wife. She is quiet but that is as far as she goes as to the stereotyping. She is outgoing, demanding but very patient. She will work on me to get her way. It might take her days, weeks or years for her to get what she wants, but eventually I will give in. After years of marriage I find it easier to give in and let her have what she wants.

I sure didn't know what I was getting into when we got married.... but I would not trade her for anything.!!

If you’re ever wondering why the water isn’t boiling in a pot on the stove, make sure you turned on the correct burner.

at that point it was literally step 1, boil water for corn.
Remember to turn the burner off. My neighbor/dad who's house flooded and doesn't have a kitchen used my stove to boil something. Hours later I came home, pot was gone. Burner still ablaze.

I'm curious... where are all of the Aero Commanders (i.e. Shrikes) for sale? Hardly 10 across Controller, Trade-a-Plane, and Hangar67. Is the fleet that small? or just the low turnover?

I'm curious... where are all of the Aero Commanders (i.e. Shrikes) for sale? Hardly 10 across Controller, Trade-a-Plane, and Hangar67. Is the fleet that small? or just the low turnover?
KGPH is where I would look...
When I flew over there they had more than 20 of them on the ramp!

I got to tour the Cirrus factory in Duluth yesterday. Pretty cool stuff.
Do they give out gift souvenirs ......

images

Last edited:
Did they offer demo / orientation flights?

Both. Got to see both assembly lines and got to see a new Vision Jet take off (not sure if it was 1st, 2nd or 3rd test flight).
Am I thinking correctly that the delivery/ training center for the SFs is in Knoxville? They don't take the SRs down there too, do they? I wonder if that's a centrality thing, a weather thing, or a tax thing.

Am I thinking correctly that the delivery/ training center for the SFs is in Knoxville? They don't take the SRs down there too, do they? I wonder if that's a centrality thing, a weather thing, or a tax thing.
They're out of room in Duluth. It's a space thing.

Back