the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

I twinged a muscle in my back last Sunday, and I don't feel like spending 3 gazillion bucks at the chiropractor.

Anyone had good luck with acupuncture,??

Good or bad, any experiences at all.??

I've had acupuncture done in the Orient some years ago. It does work. However for chronic pain, The treatments got longer and longer, and the relief shorter and shorter.

I had chronic pain from a rotator cuff injury for about ten years. My mil convinced me to see a Chinese doc who did acupuncture. After 6 or 7 visits the pain was gone for good.

other problems-best short term sinus drain ever…first time I could breathe through my nose; lasted maybe fifteen minutes.

Out of a thousand barely noticeable needles, only the big toe location hurt (one really painful spot)

[snip]
I sure didn't know what I was getting into when we got married.... but I would not trade her for anything.!!

That sums up marriage better than almost anything I've ever read.

I twinged a muscle in my back last Sunday, and I don't feel like spending 3 gazillion bucks at the chiropractor.

Anyone had good luck with acupuncture,??

Good or bad, any experiences at all.??

Go to an Ortho or regular doc and get some muscle relaxers and rest. No quick fix for muscles. After watching one too many YouTube videos, chiropractors scare me. Have 2 employees that go to a chiropractor regularly. One goes 3 times a week with no improvement, dude is 22 skinny as a rail and falling apart. The other comes back and complains of neck pain and migraines...yet they keep going.

Last edited:
Go to an Ortho or regular doc and get some muscle relaxers and rest. No quick fix for muscles. After watching one too many YouTube videos, chiropractors scare me. Have 2 employees that go to a chiropractor regularly. One goes 3 times a week with no improvement, dude is 22 skinny as a rail and falling apart. The other comes back and complains of neck pain and migraines.

and, as we get older, it takes longer and longer for the old body to heal.

Go to an Ortho or regular doc and get some muscle relaxers and rest. No quick fix for muscles. After watching one too many YouTube videos, chiropractors scare me. Have 2 employees that go to a chiropractor regularly. One goes 3 times a week with no improvement, dude is 22 skinny as a rail and falling apart. The other comes back and complains of neck pain and migraines...yet they keep going.

Chiropractors scare me too.!! After talking to a friend today at church that is a pharmacist, I think I'll go the muscle relaxer route. One good thing, today I can sit down and stand up without assistance. Still make noise and scare the cats, but I do it by myself.!!

and, as we get older, it takes longer and longer for the old body to heal.

Thanks..... I am learning that..:mad: :lol::lol:

Some Chiros are OK, but a lot are almost in a quasi religion. When they talk about not needing vaccines because they are doing alignments, etc., I back away quickly.

Chiropractors scare me too.!! After talking to a friend today at church that is a pharmacist, I think I'll go the muscle relaxer route. One good thing, today I can sit down and stand up without assistance. Still make noise and scare the cats, but I do it by myself.!!

Thanks..... I am learning that..:mad: :lol::lol:
My wife had lower back problems for years. Slipped a disc. She saw a chiropractor. Didn't help very much. So she lived with it. Kept getting worse. I told her try a chiropractor again, a different one. But she had decided chiropractors were all quacks by then. We were in San Diego and it was getting worse. I tried again, see a chiropractor. No. I went searching and found one that sounded like maybe a good idea. All sorts of positive reviews. Talked her into it. Poof, immediate results, back is ok now. He was what is called a Gonstead Chiropractic. Insurance seems to think they are quacks, wouldn't cover it. So we paid it all. Worth every penny.

Went to a "Lafayette Aviators" game last night. First ball game I've been to in years; had a great time. The kids were bored :rolleyes:
20230710_203628.jpg

Whelp, now it's me with the tweaked back muscle. Hurts to breath. Ironically enough It was from hanging the last elk I got from New Mexico. A stiff cocktail is in order

Whelp, now it's me with the tweaked back muscle. Hurts to breath. Ironically enough It was from hanging the last elk I got from New Mexico. A stiff cocktail is in order

I am now pain free. A couple muscle relaxers, a couple glasses of wine, and every morning for a week standing under the shower with the hot water directed to the sore spot. I am pain free now.

Back issues... Platelet Rich Plasma Injections into the screwed up disks in my lower back solved my problems. YMMV.
Get an MRI, talk to a real doc.

does it say “made with real grapes “?

It was an eventful day out here in the Chicago suburbs when a tornado started forming over O'Hare airport while NBC was broadcasting storm coverage...

It was an eventful day out here in the Chicago suburbs when a tornado started forming over O'Hare airport while NBC was broadcasting storm coverage...

about 30 minutes before that, a tornado formed on top of Midway.

I'm putting together a social outing for our flying club, a tour of our local class D tower. No one has picked up yet the Easter Egg I put in this notice. View attachment 118918
I tried to start a conversation with you about the LGE Flying Club, but it said I was allowed. I’d like to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind.

What does it mean when a plane is "out of license"?
For certain generations or locations the term was used to indicate an aircraft out of annual inspection or in your case an expired condition inspection. It comes from an era when aircraft were actually licensed on a yearly basis.

For certain generations or locations the term was used to indicate an aircraft out of annual inspection or in your case an expired condition inspection. It comes from an era when aircraft were actually licensed on a yearly basis.
Ok, thanks. So then it's just that the annual hasn't been done in 4 years? I guess before purchase I'd want a thorough inspection of any items that may degrade when not in use for a few years.

Back