the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

That, or just good timing. I've had Angel Flights with 40 knot headwinds. The weather does what it does. In last week's case I hit the front (southeast) side of a high pressure on the way west and hit the backside of that system 36 hours later going east.

Scrubbed a mission today to fly my son and daughter in law from NH to Syracuse. They had to rent a car. Strong getthereitis on this one, fiki plane, but forecast is light to moderate ice pretty much the whole route. Made decision to scrub, now checking to see if it was right call, second guessing I suppose, lol, but a couple pireps confirm forecast was good, plus no GA traffic on route that I can see.

Just awesome that the IRS does multiple revisions to tax forms during the tax year. (>-{

Just awesome that the IRS does multiple revisions to tax forms during the tax year. (>-{
Ahhh the IRS.
Just got a letter yesterday that they didn't receive my 2020 tax return.
Which is odd, because it was in the envelope with the check....
That they cashed 8 months ago....

We get a lot of Canada Geese here (not likely Canadian). I wonder… do their wings ever pick up ice? Is SLD an issue for them?

When I was working in Alaska on very cold days it was common to see Ravens fly over with frost form on their wings near what we would call the wing roots. The frost came from their breath.

Just bought a used car - 2016 Forester with 50k miles - with my daughter for her to use for her senior year at college and internships. We paid 50% more for that than what I paid 2 years ago for my RDX that was 3 years old at the time with 30 k miles.

Prices are nuts everywhere.

Ahhh the IRS.
Just got a letter yesterday that they didn't receive my 2020 tax return.
Which is odd, because it was in the envelope with the check....
That they cashed 8 months ago....
I have been struggling with the IRS for the past month. My conclusion is that, like the postal service, they hired extra workers for the busy Christmas season. But the IRS only got the people who were too dumb to work at the post office.

For the players that opted out of a bowl game only to watch their team lose, how many will actually regret the decision?

For the players that opted out of a bowl game only to watch their team lose, how many will actually regret the decision?
Zero. Won’t affect them at all in upcoming draft. Which is why they sat out. Not saying I agree, or it’s the way it should be. It’s what we have at this time.

Zero. Won’t affect them at all in upcoming draft. Which is why they sat out. Not saying I agree, or it’s the way it should be. It’s what we have at this time.

I wonder if it might - do some teams pay any attention to a player contributing to the team win versus worrying about their own stats?

I wonder if it might - do some teams pay any attention to a player contributing to the team win versus worrying about their own stats?
The NFL - an organization that literally rehired a QB after he was out of jail for dog fighting and killing puppies because someone thought games could be won. Or another certain QB who skipped training camps threatened to sit out the season because he wasn’t shown enough respect.

The NFL - an organization that literally rehired a QB after he was out of jail for dog fighting and killing puppies because someone thought games could be won. Or another certain QB who skipped training camps threatened to sit out the season because he wasn’t shown enough respect.

sure, some teams have owners/management that don't understand putting the team first... but not all. How many teams passed on Vick? And, sure, we hear about whiny snots (like that dallas cowboy WR that pouted during a nationally televised game... can't remember that loser's name).

Eh - I’m cynical today (spent entire Christmas break sick).

Any different than players that declare for the draft and leave prior to “graduation” year and thus play none of the games that season let alone a last bowl game?

It's about 2-3 inches here, which is a heck of a lot better than the forecast 9.
Most of it is still going to hit… recount it in the morning

75 today going down to 71 tomorrow. but too windy today and raining tomorrow.

Most of it is still going to hit… recount it in the morning
Dude. My plane is 4 days overdue getting to its appointment for its annual. I see light snow in the TAFs and the TAFs have not been wrong 3 days straight (they have, every single day)!

-5 when we got up this morning. Too cold for the garage door opener. I had to drive my wife to church in my truck. Being diesel, and not plugged in, it was frozen.

First the power door locks would not work. Then the passenger door was frozen shut. The windshield was covered in ice and snow, so I had to chisel the windshield wipers loose. When it started, it sounded like a coffee can half full of rocks rattling around. I have cloth seats so at least no frozen seats.

The roads are packed snow and ice. The intersections are solid ice. This is when folks forget how to drive on ice. My wife is terrified of ice on the road. I keep reminding her that if I can land an airplane on ice, I can drive on ice.

On the positive side, the high today is supposed to be around 27, and bright blue skies.!!

We watched "Dunkirk" tonight. Dang it was good.

We watched "Dunkirk" tonight. Dang it was good.
I’m about to start Airplane. It and Airplane 2 is ‘free with ads’ on YouTube. Just saying…

I’m about to start Airplane. It and Airplane 2 is ‘free with ads’ on YouTube. Just saying…
Sadly, the YouTube of Zero Hour! that I had saved for later disappeared before I could watch it.

Do I risk cancellation or a rate increase if I add POA to my list of membership affiliations on my Policy Information Update for insurance renewal.

After two years of reading on this forum, thought this sounded appropriate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it's like when posting in groups...

Q: How many group members does it take to change light bulb ?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
5 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, "I'm just here for the comments.")
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs
44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.
36 People to post pics of their own
6 to report the post or PM to an admin because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on fb and take their dogs for a walk instead.*****
And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.

After two years of reading on this forum, thought this sounded appropriate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it's like when posting in groups...

Q: How many group members does it take to change light bulb ?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
5 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, "I'm just here for the comments.")
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs
44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.
36 People to post pics of their own
6 to report the post or PM to an admin because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on fb and take their dogs for a walk instead.*****
And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.
Sounds pretty much like a party I went to once, except for the 'admins'. And the memes. Well, there was this one dude who put a lampshade on his head and thought he was funny. That's a visual, kinda like a meme.

Now they are trying to tell us that the mystery hut the Chinese rover spotted on the far side of the moon is just a rock and not the entrance to the secret underground Nazi UFO base. Clearly a coverup.

Today CFII for upcoming practical test had me fly VOR approach using the GTN only for DME function. I flew everything by the VOR, no approach loaded in the GTN, no GPS magenta to follow. No GPS? No GTN or other nav computer? Didn't know that was even legal. But ... felt good to go Amish.

anyone else surprised that there's a dedicated aviation for sale section on craigslist?

I actually check that section everyday for my area. I found it about 1-2 years ago or so. Found a decent deal on a radio and something else a while back. There was an Aztec for $50000 on there a couple weeks ago near Tallahassee that caught my eye to dream about…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today CFII for upcoming practical test had me fly VOR approach using the GTN only for DME function. I flew everything by the VOR, no approach loaded in the GTN, no GPS magenta to follow. No GPS? No GTN or other nav computer? Didn't know that was even legal. But ... felt good to go Amish.
I had a CFII on an IPC tell me that was the only legal way to do it. That you couldn't load the Approach to identify the Fixes. I tried to explain otherwise. He explained why I was wrong. I just let it go and did it his way.

Back