the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

"approach flaps"...why is this listed on a bunch of plane sale ads? I'm talking 'normal', typical GA planes, you know, with big engines and constant speed props and, like, battries and stuff. just seems like such an odd thing to highlite, but wtf do I know.
Example?? Are the bunch of ads you're talking about all from the same broker? And what are you doing looking at plane ads anyway?

I'm current again. Picked a great day to do it too. Fifty-seven 'merican and smooth as a goat's tonsil. (Yep, made it up.) Flew to one of my old training airports and did a few touch and go's and a full stop. Discovered they had installed a self serve fuel pump and it de-laminated my credit card when I bought fuel. Previously, they only had a truck for fuel and its still there. Saw a guy in a Grumann using the truck service and went over to talk to Roy the driver. I commented on the new fuel self serve and he told me that it wasn't his, it was the city's and they were trying to undercut his fuel which he said was still going to remain the cheapest in Southern AZ. I apologized for using the self serve and told him that next time, I'll use the truck.

Side note: turn coordinator is starting to make noises not indicative of the "normal" gyro noise. That is the ONLY instrument that I haven't replaced while I've owned the plane. Anyone able to school me on "brushless motor" TCs?

Example?? Are the bunch of ads you're talking about all from the same broker? And what are you doing looking at plane ads anyway?

lol they do seem to be mostly beechcraft, I don't recall if there were other makes/models.

mother fricker. new neighbor is assembling one of those portable basketball nets in front of his house. which is in front of my house. there goes the neighborhood. used to be nice and quiet around here. time to open up the windows and crank some death metal.

mother fricker. new neighbor is assembling one of those portable basketball nets in front of his house. which is in front of my house. there goes the neighborhood. used to be nice and quiet around here. time to open up the windows and crank some death metal.

upload_2021-12-22_14-21-45.jpeg

you'll grow to love the THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

you'll grow to love the THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP
From the subwoofer? ;)

Today I soloed (again) for the first time in 8 years and 10 months!

After a handful (3) of flights with a wise and experienced CFII, a fresh flight review (no longer BFR) in my book and Basic Med in hand . . . I flew on my own!

1.3 in the logbook. Flew to a nearby towered airport for a stop & go, flew over some local lakes, then my house and back to the home drone.

2 landings there and I’ve been smiling since. Some bumps up around 2000 where the winds sheared (surface 18010g25 3000 23056). 2nd landing on 26 was a bit squirrelly but overall really nice!

It’s in the books. Merry Christmas (or happy Friday).

I made meatloaf and bourbon creme brûlée.
Wow, y'all live a little different down south. I've had my share of creme brulee but never thought the missing ingredient was meatloaf. I'd certainly try it if it were served, though.

Wow, y'all live a little different down south. I've had my share of creme brulee but never thought the missing ingredient was meatloaf. I'd certainly try it if it were served, though.
I think you missed the “and” in the sentence. Two separate dishes in a meal. If that was supposed to be funny I missed the joke.

I think you missed the “and” in the sentence. Two separate dishes in a meal. If that was supposed to be funny I missed the joke.
It was a joke about the ambiguity between (meatloaf) and (bourbon crème brulee) as opposed to (meatloaf and bourbon) crème brûlée. But, as they say, if you have to explain a joke… :)

It was a joke about the ambiguity between (meatloaf) and (bourbon crème brulee) as opposed to (meatloaf and bourbon) crème brûlée. But, as they say, if you have to explain a joke… :)
I wouldn’t worry about it. If I had a dollar for every time my joke was only funny to me I could retire.

So much for a Christmas Eve night flight. It's going to be nasty all day.

2nd time this week I paid for the person in line behind me at the dunkin donuts drive thru line. kinda fun!

It really IS better to give than receive, especially when the person has no idea of who it was.

So much for a Christmas Eve night flight. It's going to be nasty all day.

Yeah, up here in Gallup it is a rain snow mix. Not going to get cold enough for a white Christmas.

We lost electricity at about 3:30 am this morning until just before 9am. When we lose electricity we also lose water and the heater in the well house so I guess my Christmas gift this year is temps above freezing. Also the 6 inches of mud...:lol::lol:

I flew to KESN (Easton, MD) yesterday. I Ubered to the downtown, but when I was ready to Uber back after lunch, no driver could be found. I called every taxi service in the book. One, Key Lime Taxi, told me no. Later, as I was walking back to the airport (a 3 mile tour), an empty Key Lime Taxi passed me. I waved frantically yelling "Taxi! Taxi!". The driver waved back like I was an old high school friend he hadn't seen in years. I guess he didn't realize that people walking down a sidewalk-less street waving at a taxi driver might want something other than a friendly greeting.

I didn't laugh then, but my family did when I told it to them.

Last edited:
Today I made my 4th call to the fraud department of Truist Bank. Truist bank is in North Carolina or South..don't know which - I'm in Arizona and I've never heard of this bank. Back in the summer, someone opened an account using my information and drew out $287. I've called, was assured the account was closed and I'm not liable for the money. I kept getting notices that my account is overdue. I got another notice yesterday stating that the issue will be forwarded to the IRS. When I called today, I was told that the account is in the process to be closed, not fully closed, and it takes a lot of time to close an account and to disregard all the notices. A few months ago, from the advice of this forum, I contacted all three credit agencies and froze my information - something I guess I should have done years ago since this is the third time I've been a victim of identity theft.

I think identity theft should have a harsher punishment than drug charges. This became a chitshow a long time ago.

... When I called today, I was told that the account is in the process to be closed, not fully closed, and it takes a lot of time to close an account and to disregard all the notices. ...

no, it doesn't take a lot of time to close an account. The person you talked to at the bank lied to you.

Today I made my 4th call to the fraud department of Truist Bank. Truist bank is in North Carolina or South..don't know which - I'm in Arizona and I've never heard of this bank. Back in the summer, someone opened an account using my information and drew out $287. I've called, was assured the account was closed and I'm not liable for the money. I kept getting notices that my account is overdue. I got another notice yesterday stating that the issue will be forwarded to the IRS. When I called today, I was told that the account is in the process to be closed, not fully closed, and it takes a lot of time to close an account and to disregard all the notices. A few months ago, from the advice of this forum, I contacted all three credit agencies and froze my information - something I guess I should have done years ago since this is the third time I've been a victim of identity theft.

I think identity theft should have a harsher punishment than drug charges. This became a chitshow a long time ago.

I believe truist is a combination of sun trust bank and bb&t. Not that that matters.

We get a lot of Canada Geese here (not likely Canadian). I wonder… do their wings ever pick up ice? Is SLD an issue for them?

We get a lot of Canada Geese here (not likely Canadian). I wonder… do their wings ever pick up ice? Is SLD an issue for them?
Just a guess but there is oil in the feathers I think. Their own anti ice.

I just found out my dive computer tells me the max altitude I can go to after diving. Typical trip with a 70’ dive for 25 mins + 1 hour shallow reef dive, I’m good to 11,000 within a few hours.

Back