The New England Patriots are the first NFL team with there own team airplane.

This would make more sense for an MLB team with 81 regular season away games per year. NFL teams only have eight plus two pre-season away games. I don't understand how you support two 767s with such low utilization.

I suppose they've figured out something to make the numbers work but I don't know what it might be.

This would make more sense for an MLB team with 81 regular season away games per year. NFL teams only have eight plus two pre-season away games. I don't understand how you support two 767s with such low utilization.

I suppose they've figured out something to make the numbers work but I don't know what it might be.

The extra playoff games the Patriots have makes it work ;)

At a reported 4 million per charter they have $40 million a year to work with. The economics get real easy I suspect.

It doesn't cost four million to charter a 767.
Read the posted articles. I used that number because that is what is reported. I even phrased it so that you might take a hint before you started the bluster.

They just converted one of them to all first class, it is pretty dang nice. The rest are sardine cans, and "Billie", oh, you don't want to fly on Billie if it's hot.

Nice! I believe USA Soccer uses them as well. I don't remember ever having been on Billie.

so that you might take a hint before you started the bluster.
While I've never chartered a 767 myself, I did fly them for a relatively small charter airline. If we could have charged $4,000,000 per charter, us pilots could have been paid quite a bit better!

Last edited:
upload_2018-1-22_11-57-15.jpeg upload_2018-1-22_11-57-39.jpeg
images

Hmm, I own a football team. Should I buy or rent? (less expensive to rent, but owning is more fun?)

Back