The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

Damn. As much as I would love to meet Bob Hoover, he has never had the foresight to put a parachute on his plane nor render the rudder pedal inconsequential. I think my life dream will be to meet 6PC, Denverpilot, Henning, and the elusive Greg Bockelman in a 24 hour period.

Oh, and Everskyward. Might have lunch with her Friday.

Yes Throttle, you too.

You need to go to gastons.
Throttle was there. He is a freaking hilarious m effer.

Edit: that is to say he is m effin Hilarious. Not that he us a m effer.
He might be but we didn't get into his m's and f's

Last edited:
Possibly, but the next two to three weeks are going to be busy. I'll ping you mid week if that can work.

Another option, since I need to be in the Central Valley by Friday night is to meet up at Half Moon Bay, in which case I'd fly, weather permitting.

Ok, will keep in touch.

Damn. As much as I would love to meet Bob Hoover, he has never had the foresight to put a parachute on his plane nor render the rudder pedal inconsequential.

Funny you mention this. Bob was talking just the other day about how much he wants to meet SAC Arrow! I think he wanted some tips for the gym and lunch.

(It was really, really, really something to meet Bob Hoover. Wow. That picture was taken in 2012 by now-NTSB Chairman Christopher Hart. And I took one of him with Mr. Hoover. Chairman Hart was as excited as I was!)

Damn. As much as I would love to meet Bob Hoover, he has never had the foresight to put a parachute on his plane nor render the rudder pedal inconsequential. I think my life dream will be to meet 6PC, Denverpilot, Henning, and the elusive Greg Bockelman in a 24 hour period.

Oh, and Everskyward. Might have lunch with her Friday.

Yes Throttle, you too.

Hopefully I won't screw up my project schedule royally and not make Gastons next year. You should come. Get Bob and bring him too.

Karen thinks Bockleman is one of the funniest people she's ever met. He just sits there all quietly analyzing the conversation and then says something that just kills the whole room. It's a gift.

By the way, the cow says hi. Found it wandering around in the production area.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2792.JPG
    IMG_2792.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 215
Oh, now you're just flaunting your socks. Exhibitionist!

Monkey heard that 6PC might be coming to get him and he got all excited. "That dude is a SCRUM Master!"

Monkey has been to the range twice now and hasn't been aerated yet. I'm showing considerable restraint. Haha.

And when the cow finishes first, I can see the thread title now.

Cow spanks the Monkey....

6PC really needs to get over there before the monkey ends up in a lead and copper sandwich.

6PC really needs to get over there before the monkey ends up in a lead and copper sandwich.

I am in the process of trying to coordinate a midway point meeting.
We will see how this goes.

Haven't been following this thread, but Clark pointed out the monkey is at KBGD (Borger, TX) near Amarillo.

Can someone confirm? I'm headed that way Saturday and can bring him to the DFW area.

Send me a PM as I have this thread on ignore, not sure how to un-ignore.

Haven't been following this thread, but Clark pointed out the monkey is at KBGD (Borger, TX) near Amarillo.

Can someone confirm? I'm headed that way Saturday and can bring him to the DFW area.

Send me a PM as I have this thread on ignore, not sure how to un-ignore.

you did WHAT?!?!?

I wasn't aware the monkey left denver either.

you did WHAT?!?!?

I wasn't aware the monkey left denver either.

It turns out the monkey is nervous around guns and couldn't handle being around Nate anymore. He chewed his way out of Nate's rainbow suby and hitchhiked to warmer weather while offering musical entertainment to anyone who would give him a lift. He's hoping to get to New Orleans while traveling with B. McGee whoever that is.

It turns out the monkey is nervous around guns and couldn't handle being around Nate anymore. He chewed his way out of Nate's rainbow suby and hitchhiked to warmer weather while offering musical entertainment to anyone who would give him a lift. He's hoping to get to New Orleans while traveling with B. McGee whoever that is.

well sheeeit, I don't know if B. McGee wants to stay anonymous or if he is singing the blues, but that makes me happy as a clam. I wonder if the monkey will miss staring down the barrel of assorted fireams.......

The monkey has t been stolen has it? Time to call the monkey brigade. :yes:

The monkey has t been stolen has it? Time to call the monkey brigade. :yes:

I firmly believe that DenverPilot has kidnapped and murdered the Monkey as a result of a drug rage brought on from legal marijuana! :D

I firmly believe that DenverPilot has kidnapped and murdered the Monkey as a result of a drug rage brought on from legal marijuana! :D

Raging pothead? Did they shut down Twinkie production again?

Okay, it looks like a couple of dog crates can be borrowed courtesy of Murphey and the PnP flight that is Mike's motivation to fly to the Amarillo area can be completed.

The monkey may move. Now I've got to offer Nate lunch on Friday to make up for the Saturday fiasco. Pick a time and place Nate and I'll be there Friday to accept the monkey.

Am I supposed to bring beer?

Clark, are you taking the GSD pups I am bringing to Amarillo back with you to Denver?

Clark, are you taking the GSD pups I am bringing to Amarillo back with you to Denver?

It looks like that can happen. Murphey just made the crates available. Where do the pups need to go?

Edit: Okay, nevermind, I see the pups need to go to Denver. Can work out the details later.

Last edited:
Okay, it looks like a couple of dog crates can be borrowed courtesy of Murphey and the PnP flight that is Mike's motivation to fly to the Amarillo area can be completed.

The monkey may move. Now I've got to offer Nate lunch on Friday to make up for the Saturday fiasco. Pick a time and place Nate and I'll be there Friday to accept the monkey.

Am I supposed to bring beer?

Friday lunch might work. Friday after work I'm not available.

I'm near the new Bass Pro at Northfield Stapleton at work, and I'd say go to their fish place but we had a very bad experience there once and none of us will go to it again ever, probably.

Well at least until we see the place pass multiple food service inspections. Let's just say they need an exterminator.

Brothers Bar and Grill over there is pretty good food for bar food. Pretty much everything else in there is a national chain. 8264 E. 49th Ave, Denver.

Decent burger. Other stuff is good too. Had grilled chicken with rice and broccoli the other day that was tasty.

Parking directly out front is metered on the walking mall but the large lots and the street just east of the stores/strip there is free.

If you like that idea name a time and I'll head over. I'm less than 10 min away from there.

I'd say save up your appetite and come semi-late afternoon and we could start the weekend a little early but you don't want to be trapped in that area after 3 on a Friday because I-70 turns into a parking lot for hours both directions.

It's also easier to get to if you come I-70 to Central Park Ave and then go north and backtrack a few blocks on Northfield Blvd than coming from the Quebec Ave side if you ask me, but either isn't bad. Most folks know how to get to Bass Pro from the Quebec side, and then just go a block east in the main drag of shops and it's on the north side.

Friday lunch might work. Friday after work I'm not available.

I'm near the new Bass Pro at Northfield Stapleton at work, and I'd say go to their fish place but we had a very bad experience there once and none of us will go to it again ever, probably.

Well at least until we see the place pass multiple food service inspections. Let's just say they need an exterminator.

Brothers Bar and Grill over there is pretty good food for bar food. Pretty much everything else in there is a national chain. 8264 E. 49th Ave, Denver.

Decent burger. Other stuff is good too. Had grilled chicken with rice and broccoli the other day that was tasty.

Parking directly out front is metered on the walking mall but the large lots and the street just east of the stores/strip there is free.

If you like that idea name a time and I'll head over. I'm less than 10 min away from there.

I'd say save up your appetite and come semi-late afternoon and we could start the weekend a little early but you don't want to be trapped in that area after 3 on a Friday because I-70 turns into a parking lot for hours both directions.

It's also easier to get to if you come I-70 to Central Park Ave and then go north and backtrack a few blocks on Northfield Blvd than coming from the Quebec Ave side if you ask me, but either isn't bad. Most folks know how to get to Bass Pro from the Quebec side, and then just go a block east in the main drag of shops and it's on the north side.

Okay, Brothers near Bass Pro for a late lunch Friday. I can do that. 1:30?

How did we get bogus information about the Monkey being in Texas already? FOX News? CNN? Hmmmm....

How did we get bogus information about the Monkey being in Texas already? FOX News? CNN? Hmmmm....

I heard the monkey was a terrorist. He has (gasp!) 1000 rounds of ammo!

6392f3096ee6d1b65fddf4045ea01129.jpg

(Sorry just laughing at the news reports that the terror twit couple in Cali had 1000 rounds of ammo, like that's a large amount. Hell, for what they were doing they were under armed and under ammo'd but anyway... 1000 rounds is nothing if you're shooting competitions. I know guys who would call that "this month's order". Ha. Oh and 1000 9mm rounds won't fill that M20 7.62 can. Plenty of room left in there. Easy to carry. Convenient to grab with the range bag... And the kid at the range was cute, "Look dad! That guy has one of those old ARMY cans!" LOL.)

Anyway, monkey has been transferred to Clark and he didn't drink Clark's beer or steal any of his kettle chips. He's a very polite monkey.

P.S. Painting banisters and rails white in the country is really stupid... I need to clean them again. I didn't do it but they won't be white the next time. :)

P.P.S. I had a bunch of private messages which I never notice for days because it's just a tiny red dot in the top right on Tapatalk... Y'all were sending me info on the plan for the next leg. Clark said y'all also sent him copies so I'll let you guys all figure it out amongst yourselves... Sounds like Clark had a plan.

You are going to miss the monkey Denverpilot! :yes: ( I know where there is a cow....) :wink2:

Someone should share the plan for people not in the know.

Back