The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

Enroute. It helps if one remembers to bring the monkey. GPS shows 14:10 arrival.

I think Clark is screwing with me. Haha. Obscure is right. This place is a person's house with a BBQ trailer sitting in the side driveway. Yelp says they might be closed for good and/or have no weekend hours.

And I'm wondering if the house is the restaurant or what. Yelp also says it's a "food truck". LOL! The gate leading up to the front door is padlocked.

2e978bee187c3eeb848dc55e027e745f.jpg

No sign of Clark but it'd be really easy to miss this place. Haha. Nice truck out front, though. Haha.

203bd48454abae7e83a0ec1a3fa604aa.jpg

Hmm. Well. Now what? Monkey is hungry. I accessorized his envelope for him and he's kinda nervous about it.

f4a31ef3cd7ad748b94275b9dabaa766.jpg

I suppose I could go see a movie while I'm in da hood. And there's a pizza place next door. Haha. "Que' Pizza" sounds.... Greeeeat.

56fc8b0fe660e2d459e43098ad2f9636.jpg

Apparently Clark's phone number isn't in my phone, which is weird. Beat head here. Haha.

I sure hope Clark shows up. You are packing heat right? Looks like a not so good place.

David

Well I'm gonna go try the Pho place nearby. I'll be at Pho Duy if anyone is looking for me.

Delayed my departure to Pho because I'm getting a laugh out of the Rastafarian who climbed out of the Mitsubishi Montero Sport with huge spinner rims and the paint falling off of it, with Texas plates on it, who parked in the handicapped spot and left the thing running, to go grab a case of Miller High Life in the liquor store.

Gotta love the 'hood. Only surprise is there isn't a marijuana dispensary next door to the King Soopers (Kroger for y'all from other States...).

Maybe the Rent-A-Center has some good Black Friday deals. I should go in and check.

Man you should check it. The ambiance is great here. Just park the smashed car truck behind the grocery store. Nobody minds.

20d2f11a0ca761585e2d6d90ff1f35bb.jpg

Dude, get the sprouts and veggies in before it cools down.

Haha was tasty.

Yelp review is correct, they skimp a little on the meatballs and noodles for the portions usually seen at Pho places but asking for extra of both, ends up the usual portion seen anywhere else at the usual price.

Broth was second only to my favorite place in town and that's saying a lot. Family run, authentic, even the Cafe Sue Da was done right.

Sprouts were nice and fresh. Better than my usual place. As was the basil. I think my usual place on the way home stashes their sprouts in water in the fridge and they taste "flat" is the best way to describe them. These had a nice veggie flavor when you crunched them.

The owner chuckled when I ordered a large with extra noodle and extra meatball. "Ohhh!" Yeah okay skinny Asian guy, I'm fat. Shut up and bring the soup. Haha.

Temperature was awesome. Hotter than usual and plenty hot to par cook the veggies and not cool the soup too much. Heat lasted all the way to the bottom of the bowl. Very nice. My usual place could stand to up their broth temp by 10 degrees.

Talked to Clark. Just a missed commo issue. No biggie.

Still need a volunteer for him to meet. He said he and Mari were just jokin' about the jet ride for monkey.

I think a POA member driving a commercial or charter jet, subject to a reasonable excursion of the 500 NM rule, would be acceptable to the administration.

Delayed my departure to Pho because I'm getting a laugh out of the Rastafarian who climbed out of the Mitsubishi Montero Sport with huge spinner rims and the paint falling off of it, with Texas plates on it, who parked in the handicapped spot and left the thing running, to go grab a case of Miller High Life in the liquor store.

Texas does NOT claim that guy! That plate's stolen!! :dunno:

I think a POA member driving a commercial or charter jet, subject to a reasonable excursion of the 500 NM rule, would be acceptable to the administration.
Now he says this. I am in Texas (Austin) and monkeyless,

Now he says this. I am in Texas (Austin) and monkeyless,

Okay. Let's regroup. I suspect that you will be back in Denver soon and to be honest a step backwards to California to get to Texas is still forward progress.

When do you want to try that BBQ place in SF?

Okay. Let's regroup. I suspect that you will be back in Denver soon and to be honest a step backwards to California to get to Texas is still forward progress.

When do you want to try that BBQ place in SF?

The problem with that is my step backward to SF will be in the back seats. Not flying that leg, Southwest is.

Okay, I will not deliver the monkey to SF.

Sac has focus...

Ok. Maybe the 4th?

Possibly, but the next two to three weeks are going to be busy. I'll ping you mid week if that can work.

Another option, since I need to be in the Central Valley by Friday night is to meet up at Half Moon Bay, in which case I'd fly, weather permitting.

I may be able to get the monkey but it will be a week and a half.
If the monkey is still stranded that long,I should be able to help.

But I totally nominate 6PC to take part in the race for some leg. Imagine the write up!

But I totally nominate 6PC to take part in the race for some leg. Imagine the write up!
Get it to Wichita Falls or Odessa and I should be able to do something about that! For that matter, Snyder or Abilene would work.

Yeah right. I have seen those planes.
No leather, no lima jacks, no parachute...

I heard you actually have to use the rudder pedals to fly them.

Death traps! All of them! :D

They offered to fly us so we can get our flying fix.
Their insurance doesn't allow them to rent the planes out to non academy students.

Bull****. Their 'academy' pays the top tier premium, they can rent to whomever they please, insurance won't mind.

Oh, heck yeah! Make 6PC fly to KBJC to get the monkey. I'll buy the first round of drinks when we have a POA Colorado meetup.

I've already met Bob Hoover. Now I want to meet 6PC!

Attachments

• IMG_6901.JPG
    IMG_6901.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 34
Oh, heck yeah! Make 6PC fly to KBJC to get the monkey. I'll buy the first round of drinks when we have a POA Colorado meetup.

I've already met Bob Hoover. Now I want to meet 6PC!

Thanks.

Wow that is awesome. A living legend.
I love watching his videos.

Thanks.

Wow that is awesome. A living legend.
I love watching his videos.

Damn. As much as I would love to meet Bob Hoover, he has never had the foresight to put a parachute on his plane nor render the rudder pedal inconsequential. I think my life dream will be to meet 6PC, Denverpilot, Henning, and the elusive Greg Bockelman in a 24 hour period.

Oh, and Everskyward. Might have lunch with her Friday.

Yes Throttle, you too.

Back