The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

Dang, I'm going on vacation next week. The monkey will probably make it through Texas before I get back.

Off it gets here before Tuesday I'll kidnap it and take it to OR on a commercial flight and it can start all over...:wink2:

This is how we roll in Oak town...

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 146
soon we will be able to piecemeal together a complete photo of Sac.

Denver POA lunch Friday or Saturday?

I forgot to check on this before agreeing to have Karen bring home lunch when she gets off work. Saturday works...?

Are we allowed to do a handoff at a non-airport?

I guess we could meet at an ER or clinic near a restaurant and stand on the helipad. Haha.

Be careful with that tech advanced weapon. :lol:

This is how we roll in Texas.

LOL I wouldn't try to use the AK to hit much more than the broad side of a barn at any distance.

I also wouldn't buy one. (And didn't buy this one. Inherited it and really don't shoot it.)

Someone just said AK so I shot the photo. It's a safe queen.

This is how we roll in Oak town...

attachment.php

Hmm looks Smith-ish. And stainless steel is always good...

I forgot to check on this before agreeing to have Karen bring home lunch when she gets off work. Saturday works...?

I guess we could meet at an ER or clinic near a restaurant and stand on the helipad.

Lunch tomorrow works for me

I guess we could meet at an ER or clinic near a restaurant and stand on the helipad. Haha.

LOL I wouldn't try to use the AK to hit much more than the broad side of a barn at any distance.

I also wouldn't buy one. (And didn't buy this one. Inherited it and really don't shoot it.)

Someone just said AK so I shot the photo. It's a safe queen.

Hmm looks Smith-ish. And stainless steel is always good...

I don't see why the handoff couldn't be someplace other than an airport.

Model 639. I used to shoot it in IPSC matches way back in the day. My other local defence piece is a Colt MK IV Series '70. The real deal, for M1911's. I have a series '80 sitting at my folks place.

Model 639. I used to shoot it in IPSC matches way back in the day. My other local defence piece is a Colt MK IV Series '70. The real deal, for M1911's. I have a series '80 sitting at my folks place.

Cool. That's what I thought. My 6509 is one of the best shooters I own.

No strong pref, maybe get some BBQ somewhere.

Maybe other Denver POA folks wanna get some lunch? Murphey? Mari? Greg?

Name a place I'll be there. I'm sitting here listening to CSPD dispatch dealing with the nutbag that shot up the Planned Parenthood.

They just got a call from him saying he's giving up. We'll see.

Tactical folks are ready to take him out if he so much as flinches.

Last edited:
have a good lunch, fellas. hopefully monkey brains aren't on the menu.

Maybe give this place a try:
Brooks Smokehouse BBQ & Cajun Cuisine
800 Oakland St, Aurora, CO 80010

I just dug up an obscure BBQ joint. I'm open to other suggestions...

No strong pref, maybe get some BBQ somewhere.

Maybe other Denver POA folks wanna get some lunch? Murphey? Mari? Greg?
I'm in beautiful Billings. Ironically going to end up in Texas tomorrow, without the monkey.

I'm in beautiful Billings. Ironically going to end up in Texas tomorrow, without the monkey.

Having been through Billings more than once, what 'zactly is beautiful about it other than the view in the mirror as one is leaving? Under those circumstances even Gillette is beautiful...

Anyway, if you want to take the damn monkey to Texas or any other spot, delivery of said monkey can be arraigned.

Having been through Billings more than once, what 'zactly is beautiful about it other than the view in the mirror as one is leaving? Under those circumstances even Gillette is beautiful...

Anyway, if you want to take the damn monkey to Texas or any other spot, delivery of said monkey can be arraigned.

We got here at night so you can't see much except the lights. Maybe I'll have another opinion in the morning.

The monkey can't go to Texas with me unless you fly it up here to Billings before we leave at 11 am. The other option is to meet me in New Orleans in the afternoon.

We got here at night so you can't see much except the lights. Maybe I'll have another opinion in the morning.

The monkey can't go to Texas with me unless you fly it up here to Billings before we leave at 11 am. The other option is to meet me in New Orleans in the afternoon.

I'm thinkin' more along the lines of delivery in the Denver area prior to your wide ranging wanderings. While I could make it to Billings before 11 it would require a leg length well over 500 miles to be in Dallas so it would be against the rulez. You do know that we are real rulez sticklers here 'bouts.

I'm thinkin' more along the lines of delivery in the Denver area prior to your wide ranging wanderings. While I could make it to Billings before 11 it would require a leg length well over 500 miles to be in Dallas so it would be against the rulez. You do know that we are real rulez sticklers here 'bouts.
But I won't be in the Denver area until Sunday then the last destination is west, and well over 500 miles from the start, so that's against the rulez too...

But I won't be in the Denver area until Sunday then the last destination is west, and well over 500 miles from the start, so that's against the rulez too...

Obviously this is very complicated....wanna get some BBQ next week?

12/1-12/7.

I don't think the monkey wants to end up back where he started though.

Monkey GA back to Denver is prolly a problem. Maybe a hand-off after 12-7 would be okay assuming the arrival of Overdrive on 12-7 doesn't create problems...

But due to the fact that I've front-loaded my month with days off...

The 8th is a possibility though.

But due to the fact that I've front-loaded my month with days off...

The 8th is a possibility though.

Possibility or probability? No Texas folk are responding to the continued progress of the simian...

Possibility or probability? No Texas folk are responding to the continued progress of the simian...
A probable possibility...

The possibleness probably depends on the weather.

A probable possibility...

The possibleness probably depends on the weather.

Okay, will plan to deliver the Monkey on the 7th or 8th. I have a hearing on the morning of the 7th that I should prolly attend....

You guys will need to report back on whether or not monkeys like BBQ.

Didn't the FBO that torqued yer tail say they'd let you use one of their's?

Yeah right. I have seen those planes.
No leather, no lima jacks, no parachute...

I heard you actually have to use the rudder pedals to fly them.

Death traps! All of them! :D

They offered to fly us so we can get our flying fix.
Their insurance doesn't allow them to rent the planes out to non academy students.

Back