The “what I did during quarantine” thread

I wonder how loyal national guard and reserve units are going to be, once we get there.

I wonder how loyal national guard and reserve units are going to be, once we get there.

There’s a report of a retired Master Chief standing in his full dress blues daring the cops to arrest him in the surf on a closed beach. The town relented and opened the beach for proper social distancing a couple hours later.

Guess who doesn’t want to be seen arresting a Navy Master Chief in dress blues on national TV... go figure. We all know what THAT would have looked like.

SOME civil disobedience for the dumbest stuff... WILL work. Just have to be smart about it. Old Chief knew exactly what he was doing in the silliness of the modern “media” age. Use your enemy’s weakness against them. If they’re going to play celebrity off as expertise...

And looks like one of the local photo group got the lucky ticket for location during the TBirds tour of the Front Range. Jay is just an acquaintance but he shoots nice stuff.
8a58ac79b99b7c734e83a8612633b4e0.jpg

And looks like one of the local photo group got the lucky ticket for location during the TBirds tour of the Front Range. Jay is just an acquaintance but he shoots nice stuff.
What are the Thundercats doing there?

Edit:

Nevermind. I found out. Its the Air Farce Academy social distancing grad show.

Last edited:
What are the Thundercats doing there?

Edit:

Nevermind. I found out. Its the Air Farce Academy social distancing grad show.

Academy Graduation but they added a tour of the Front Range for First Responders and Medical folks that covered hundreds of miles and multiple hospital flyovers. Pretty neat, won’t see that again.

Academy had a number of suicides this year after everyone but the seniors were sent home, and seniors were scattered across all the dorms. Weird and tough year for them.

There’s a report of a retired Master Chief standing in his full dress blues daring the cops to arrest him in the surf on a closed beach. The town relented and opened the beach for proper social distancing a couple hours later.

Guess who doesn’t want to be seen arresting a Navy Master Chief in dress blues on national TV... go figure. We all know what THAT would have looked like.

SOME civil disobedience for the dumbest stuff... WILL work. Just have to be smart about it. Old Chief knew exactly what he was doing in the silliness of the modern “media” age. Use your enemy’s weakness against them. If they’re going to play celebrity off as expertise...

Man, I gotta tell you. I'm reaching my breaking point. I really do not want to die on a hill but I'm about there. If I was 20 years younger I'd die on a hill out of stupidity. But right now... I'm not a young guy. The state of california (notice I don't capitalize) has managed to break Gold's Gym and 24 Hr Fitness in to bankruptcy. I'm getting fat. I'm getting out of shape. I am losing less to lose every day as we speak.

I spent three hours last night trying to talk a mentally-ill friend out of offing himself while his family tried to get him into a hospital. He was doing well until the lockdown, during which he hasn't been able to see his shrink nor attend his groups. He also was unable to get a shrink to tweak his meds over the phone, probably because they're controlled substances if I had to guess.

Today he attempted suicide. On the bright side, his family was able to stop him. Now he's in the hospital, locked in his room, with no groups, and no visitors allowed, due to social-distancing guidelines.

When all of this is behind us, I am absolutely convinced that the death toll due to the mitigation will exceed that due to the virus; and the blood will be on the hands of the ******* politicians who imposed the draconian measures. I hope that karma is swift and cruel.

Rich

I spent three hours last night trying to talk a mentally-ill friend out of offing himself while his family tried to get him into a hospital. He was doing well until the lockdown, during which he hasn't been able to see his shrink nor attend his groups. He also was unable to get a shrink to tweak his meds over the phone, probably because they're controlled substances if I had to guess.

Today he attempted suicide. On the bright side, his family was able to stop him. Now he's in the hospital, locked in his room, with no groups, and no visitors allowed, due to social-distancing guidelines.

When all of this is behind us, I am absolutely convinced that the death toll due to the mitigation will exceed that due to the virus; and the blood will be on the hands of the ******* politicians who imposed the draconian measures. I hope that karma is swift and cruel.

Rich
I saw that yesterday, a well-known Youtuber, Steve cash of "Talking Kitty Cat" fame, killed himself with a shotgun yesterday. He was already bi-polar and the current situation may have made it unbearable. Very sad.

Rich, I am sad to hear of your friend and I hope he survives this and can get the help he needs. There most likely will be more. :(

I saw that yesterday, a well-known Youtuber, Steve cash of "Talking Kitty Cat" fame, killed himself with a shotgun yesterday. He was already bi-polar and the current situation may have made it unbearable. Very sad.

Rich, I am sad to hear of your friend and I hope he survives this and can get the help he needs. There most likely will be more. :(

Thanks.

Rich

8a58ac79b99b7c734e83a8612633b4e0.jpg
Outside in a clear 360 view between 1:10 and 1:35 under one of the routes -- never saw them. Wonder if the low ceiling was an issue where I was.

I went to the beach again, which is still open. It’s been open the whole time, although they closed off some of the parking. Glad to see people voluntarily maintaining spacing.

Also saw at least three small airplanes fly overhead.

564E652E-3F09-45A2-9AB9-C34ABD702749.jpeg

Outside in a clear 360 view between 1:10 and 1:35 under one of the routes -- never saw them. Wonder if the low ceiling was an issue where I was.

Yeah no clear view here and they broke off the planned route at the southwest metro Denver area, went and tankered again and then did as much of the Springs route as they could with the little squalls wandering through.

I want to see the video from TBird 8. TBird 7 was trailing and safety and handling ATC for the formation and 8 was maneuvering all around them for angles and shots.

Should be pretty neat once they get the video edited.

I am 11 pages late to this thread and have not read the other posts.
"What I did during quarantine."
Like most small business owners in the country I strategized for the last few weeks about how not to go bankrupt.
I split our staff in the middle; one team works for 5 days while the other home-quarantines.
(we are, blessedly, a so-called essential service. I feel, really feel for the hotels, restaurants, gyms etc that were forced to completely close)
If one team gets the bug, we kick them out, close for a day while we deep-clean and the quarantined team goes to work.
So each shift is a killer because of half-staff...but at least we can generate some revenue to keep the more ruthless bill collectors at bay.
Not much sleep lately due to worry.
My wife is my partner so she is in the 'other team' meaning we live apart.
She got the pets too which is also a significant stress.
Looking forward to better days.... but grateful I'm not dying on a vent in a hospital somewhere; and that no one I love is down with it.
Would have loved to get the PPP loan/grant but that is only for folks in the know, with access to smart bankers.

^^^ looking good!

Reactions: Ted
And the new weather station is on the pole, hopefully this one will survive more than one winter. Now I won't have to look outside to see what the weather is like. Also added a tilt base to make it easier for the next time when this one dies.

moo14.jpg

Someone in the neighborhood Lysol'd our dog. He came home smelling like lemons.

LOL. Belongs in the WTF thread.

At least you have early warning there’s a retard living somewhere close by. :)

Yep, proves it.

Meanwhile, our neighbor had a raucous weekend going on at his lake house. People camping in the yard in tents and RV's, other part of his yard looks like a boat trailer storage lot. They're all from the 2nd and 3rd hardest hit counties in the state.

So we have both extremes. Someone that thinks the dogs need disinfecting and a group of 20+ that think social distancing doesn't apply to them.

Wow. I can’t see giving FB a cut of anything, ever. LOL. I’m quite active there but what a horrid company. :)

Besides the gym, can you go hammer your bike rides where you are? I figured you’d be out crushing that thing, just without the stops for lettuce wrapped burgers... well technically you can probably drive thru those too...? :)

No I hear you on that, but believe it or not, I actually have sold more books through Facebook than I have through Amazon marketing or other book promotion services. And I have an intense dislike of the Zon even though I do use it.

Yeah, I'm hammering bike rides when I can, but it's still winter weather here, and yes, I am getting lettuce wrapped burgers through the drive through at Carl's, but sometimes it's a little hard to trip the sensor with my bike at the order station. And instead of driving to the gym and getting my coffee at the grocery store next door, I'm just walking to the grocery store, and getting my coffee to go because I can't drink it there anymore. It's slightly under a three mile round trip. That said, the 700 calories I used to burn at the gym plus all the weights, and the hour swim is a huge loss. Now they are talking about my gym going under. That bites.

I hate paying Facebook for advertising, but I have paid them for Cloud Nine advertising. It has actually worked. I've found it doesn't work so much if I'm going for donations directly, but I have advertised for "Page likes", and that was extremely effective. A year or two ago I did an aggressive campaign there. We'd literally been stuck at 8k likes for years, and doubled it in about a month. I forget what the cost was, but it wasn't very much. I noticed a significant increase in donations afterwards, so it did pay for itself a number of times over, and represented in the range of 1% or less of the annual expenses.

Actually went flying yesterday stunning day but flew a VOR-A and an ILS and some pattern work. 1.3 via the Tach.

Then spent some time fiddling with the plane and doing a good spring cleanup. The club has an airplane wash day scheduled in early May but we'll see if it really goes down. A good thing about this club is we're all encouraged to treat the planes like they are our own so the hangars are stocked with cleaning supplies and the planes are always pretty clean and neat.

Came home and washed the car too! It's been almost month since I had driven it (been using the 4Runner once a week or so) - for some reason Imgur doesn't want to shrink pic

taOBrCV.jpg

I started watching Game of Thrones.

Yes, for the first time.

I was able to ignore or forget anything about the show that I heard. So it isn't spoiled for me.

I started watching Game of Thrones.

Yes, for the first time.

I was able to ignore or forget anything about the show that I heard. So it isn't spoiled for me.
Make sure you look for the Starbucks cup on the table.

Phase one complete. Dug out this hill and got the retaining wall finished. Next step is gravel, then sand. After that we’ll put up the fence panel and my wife will finally have a round pen to work her horses on site.

Attachments

• D0BF2A3F-0D19-4D54-8DFE-AA91E74FB386.jpeg
    D0BF2A3F-0D19-4D54-8DFE-AA91E74FB386.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Ted
Back