Taylorcraft down California

Sent a scathing email myself. About the crap product and their terrible marketing department
I'm sure they will put a lot of stock in that. You sound like you have their best interests at heart.

Somebody on another forum contacted them and received a reply; they are no longer sponsoring him, or at least that video.

Maybe one of our world class videographers should reach out to Ridge and volunteer to pimp their products now snice Trevor appears to be out of the job.

That was my original point...

Mr. Pedantic often offers information that is distorted, exaggerated, embellished, and incorrect.

But they make his post count grow, so that's a plus.

IMO
I don't think ridge wallet should get penalized for this.

Gold Seal (@write-stuff) sponsors my channel (Thank you Russ).
I never call him and say "Hey I have this video I want to make" and he says yes or no. Sometimes we have discussions about ideas or phraseology
but I don't run my video ideas by Gold seal (These parentheses brought to you by www.groundschool.com)

Although 1 time I did say "Hey I got turned into the FAA for "Cheating" and I think it is better we not include sponsorship in this once since you
probably don't want accusations of cheating to be linked to your brand. and He wholeheartedly agreed. ;)

Ridge likely had no idea what he was planning. They saw a big channel and an opportunity for exposure.
His channel is large and his views aren't consistently great but some have gone big.
Ridge wallet likely got screwed by this guy.

The number of youtubers who have decided to analyze this video is astounding to me.

There is one guy who is totally into maps and he does this elaborate cross-talk-overlay stuff between Google Earth, Google Maps and various other terrain map apps calculating routes, distances and elevations. He even found the cliff on the hike out. I watched the whole thing and found it more fascinating that TJ's lame stunt. That guy should get a ridge wallet sponsorship.

Then there's the helo extraction. I'd like to see that video.

IMO

I never call him and say "Hey I have this video I want to make" and he says yes or no. Sometimes we have discussions about ideas or phraseology
but I don't run my video ideas by Gold seal (These parentheses brought to you by www.groundschool.com)

Although 1 time I did say "Hey I got turned into the FAA for "Cheating" and I think it is better we not include sponsorship in this once since you
probably don't want accusations of cheating to be linked to your brand. and He wholeheartedly agreed. ;)

Ridge likely had no idea what he was planning. They saw a big channel and an opportunity for exposure.
His channel is large and his views aren't consistently great but some have gone big.
Big companies have much more knowlwdge and control over what they sponsor. It would surprise but not shock me if Ridge didn't know in advance each video.

IMO

yes and no. trevor has done all sorts of "interesting" and quite obviously fake videos for views. the one about his dog nearly killing him on takeoff being one. and miraculously the few seconds of the flight where he had no video. what luck! ridgewallet has seen all that and decided to still align their business and brand with him. for that they have reaped what they sowed

GA + incentive for clicks + money for clicks = filming people doing stupid things with airplanes

Sent a scathing email myself. About the crap product and their terrible marketing department
I like mine. Have had it long enough to have forgotten when I bought it… probably close to two years now. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s crap.

but yeah. You wasted your time writing that email.

iu

From the internet.....

there is no such thing as bad publicity

"Getting media attention is always a good thing, even if the coverage is negative or unflattering. I know you're disappointed about that bad review, but there's really no such thing as bad publicity—now, more people know who you are! I was worried that the backlash about our ad campaign would hurt business, but we've actually got more orders than we can handle right now. There is no such thing as bad publicity, huh?"

iu

Does anyone own a Ridge Wallet?

A hard case wallet seems like a terrible idea.

Does anyone own a Ridge Wallet?

A hard case wallet seems like a terrible idea.
Naw, it's small. Many of us carry phones, or Pb dispensing devices, that are much bulkier.

TV report says that in the past, the FAA has sent similar cases to the FBI.

Anyone have details about those cases.

GMA reporters probably don't even know that small airports exist. Or if they do, they figure their viewers won't know the difference.

Ok, what cracks me up beyond even jump boy, the reporter went to some big airport with big airliners in the background to make the report, because, you know, you have to be "on the scene"...

Yep. The media does that sort of stupid thing way too much. The story could have been told just as well if not better in studio by the anchor. No need for an in the field on the scene reporter reporting from the wrong scene in the wrong field, and in front of a totally different type of airplane.

TV report says that in the past, the FAA has sent similar cases to the FBI. Anyone have details about those cases.
In general, any time a violation is "outside" the regulatory side of things the FAA will refer it to the FBI. Anything from disruptive airline passengers to shooting drones out of the sky will be looked at by the local FBI field office in some cases. Intentional damage/destruction of an aircraft falls under this as it falls under the USC vs the FARs. For a list of specific cases there are several FAA databases that track some these enforcement actions once they have gone through the system like heard before the NTSB Admin judge or in Federal courts. Unfortunately without some initial info on the specific case you look for its rather difficult to find general similar cases.

As to removing the aircraft wreckage, if it crashed in a National Forest, the Forest Administrators are pretty aggressive in motivating the owners of the wreckage to remove it ASAP. Usually, prior to wreckage removal, it would have to be released by both the FAA and the NTSB. I'm speaking from experience "long ago and far away" and acknowledge that things may be different now.

When I had my forced landing in a (NY) state park, neither the FAA nor the NTSB wanted to come and look at it. The state park authorities said it MUST be removed by the end of the day, and the FAA said OK. They did come to look at the wreckage sitting on my trailer (and the paperwork!) a week later.

The insurance company moved my plane and NTSB indicates they may want to investigate more still. The insurance company has been in contact with NTSB so I assume they are coordinating. I've asked for details but none have been provided.

I'm not sure we can call Ridge Wallet a "big company."

The insurance company moved my plane and NTSB indicates they may want to investigate more still. The insurance company has been in contact with NTSB so I assume they are coordinating. I've asked for details but none have been provided.

Is the grove owner seeking damages?

Got a lawyer on speed dial? :)

Back