Show Your Pride in Pilots Of America with PoA Apparel!

Michael, I received my shirt today. Thank you.

Got my order today as well and it looks nice. I popped for the jacket as well as a shirt and since tonight's low is supposed to be at or below 50 F, I might just try it out tomorrow morning.

That's nothing. My order status went to "Completed" back on May 24th but I haven't heard or seen anything yet.

Paypal also shows that funds were transferred then.

What's up with that???

*cough* They have to ship or give you the chance to cancel the order in 30 days or very bad things can happen.

*cough* They have to ship or give you the chance to cancel the order in 30 days or very bad things can happen.

Given that it arrived on the 28th of June, I'd say they pushed that one to the limit.

My shirts were waiting for me last night. They are nice :D.

Why not Scott.
Ok everyone should have their gear by now. If you don't....move closer inland.
Or expect it by Monday.
Lance, how do you like the Jacket. I am thinking of springing for one.

I'm wearing one of the shirts now. They do run a little large, at least before washings!

Why not Scott.
Ok everyone should have their gear by now. If you don't....move closer inland.
Or expect it by Monday.
Lance, how do you like the Jacket. I am thinking of springing for one.

I only tried it on briefly, but in general I was fairly impressed with the quality.

I got to wear my fleece jacket yesterday for the first time since getting it.

It was soft and warm and blocked the wind quit effectively!

I love it!

so was this basically a one time deal? i just clicked on the link and it says the store is offline, check back soon. seems pretty bogus to me.

I'm not fully up on the details...there was some trouble with the vendor not following through on shipping, I think. Michael?

That's interesting Chuck. I placed an order about 6 weeks ago, it was billed to my PayPal account, and I haven't seen or heard anything since. I'm giving it two more weeks before I file a claim with PayPal.

My timing was off...the actual billing date was 8/31/07.
pixel.gif

Web Accept Payment Sent (ID # 3GU78162T08763429)

Original Transaction Date Type Status Details Amount Aug. 31, 2007Payment To Michael Driggs Completed ...-$33.66 USD

Guess I'll be filing a claim tomorrow morning unless a satisfactory answer is received by then. :(

geesh i think we would've been better off with pirated baseball caps

Send a PM to Michael first, give him an opportunity to look into it, if you haven't already.

Send a PM to Michael first, give him an opportunity to look into it, if you haven't already.

He did. I am looking into it. Looks like two orders are still in lingo. They will be taken care of promptly.

perhaps Michael is just Chuck Woolery's alter ego.

Michael will make it right.

The stuff they (the embroidery shop) made was nice, but obviously, they were not up to the task of delivering.

Time for Plan B.

Well...it's now 11/25 and the shirt has not yet been received. I have given up and requested a refund.

From this personal experience I can no longer recommend ordering anything from the current vendor.

Sorry Chuck and Michael.:(

Well...it's now 11/25 and the shirt has not yet been received. I have given up and requested a refund.

From this personal experience I can no longer recommend ordering anything from the current vendor.

Sorry Chuck and Michael.:(

That stinks Kevin. Sorry you did not get your stuff.

Question to the MC. I thought all the delays and hemming and hawing from you guys was so you get a reputable vendor and prevent this type of stuff from happening?

Wha' Happened?

Question to the MC. I thought all the delays and hemming and hawing from you guys was so you get a reputable vendor and prevent this type of stuff from happening?

Wha' Happened?

Not MC, but I'll comment: Sometimes, the best-laid plans go awry. The stuff that was proposed (and was made) was first-rate, as many of us can attest. The vendor, however, was ill-prepared to deal with it, and has failed miserably at doing so.

Wha' Happened?

Thanks Scott. I do have two large POA shirts available for a discount that have never been worn due to being too large even after washing.:yes:

Not MC, but I'll comment: Sometimes, the best-laid plans go awry. The stuff that was proposed (and was made) was first-rate, as many of us can attest. The vendor, however, was ill-prepared to deal with it, and has failed miserably at doing so.
Reputable may not have been the best choice for the word. How about a more 'consistently able' vendor?

In the interest of full disclosure, I received a reply to my e-mail from Michael last night stating the shirt has shipped and should be received early this week.

Thanks for the help Michael!

Reputable may not have been the best choice for the word. How about a more 'consistently able' vendor?
As you should know, I was never very keen on the project in the first place. I'd love it if we could have found a higher quality version of Cafepress, but we had no luck in that direction.

My concerns about what could go wrong when working with small embroidery shops in an online relationship have, regrettably, turned out to be omens and not just concerns.

However, I think no fault can go to Michael OR Adam on this, and I attribute NO BLAME to them. From what we know, the vendor who we ultimately selected went back on the agreement he had with Michael, leaving Michael holding the bag. Of all the vendors we were looking into, this was the vendor relationship we felt BEST about...which just goes to show...

As attested to by others in this thread, Michael is doing what it takes to make things right for those who still have orders outstanding, if there are any left. Meanwhile, we've pulled the plug on the program. No amount of fiscal benefit to POA isn't worth this kind of headache, IMO.

If the MC chooses to seek out a new vendor, which I'll go on record here as saying I'll be opposing, then I'll be pushing for something simple like Cafepress. The quality may not be top notch, but they get the job done.

Tough call. I've shown my opinion on these matters previously. I'll keep my mouth shut now.

well i guess ill just wait for some PoA gear to come available on the black market then...

I will reinstate my view that there is nothing wrong with CafePress; I know of several organizations / sites which have used them and are pleased. In fact, I will re-quote a friend of mine who has long-standing experience with them:

I think Cafe Press is great and their quality is excellent. Last year they started using a new process that is embedded into the fabric and doesn't fade. I'm not sure what your group's objections could be with the quality. They use name brand shirts and have a great process. Maybe the image they were reproducing was part of the problem.

The base prices are kind of high and I only mark them up a few dollars. I don't make much on it but the customers get great products. Here's my store: http://www.cafepress.com/winni. The thong creates lots of laughs on my forum and I've actually sold over 20 of them!

I'm with Spike. Open a Cafepress front. If you're worried...do it with a disclaimer that you're not responsible for the quality of the product.

Too much drama and planning for such a dud. You could have had product in the hands of the members months sooner without all of the drama...and the result would likely have been better. Let's quit overthinking and relax.

I'm with Spike. Open a Cafepress front. If you're worried...do it with a disclaimer that you're not responsible for the quality of the product.

Too much drama and planning for such a dud. You could have had product in the hands of the members months sooner without all of the drama...and the result would likely have been better. Let's quit overthinking and relax.

Speaking for myself only here, not for the MC as a whole:

I'm still not convinced a volunteer run, non-profit website should be in the business of delivering any kind of product in the first place. We're a community forum, not a business, and I'm leery to enter into business type relationships of ANY kind.

But apparently people want to show their support. This is great, but it's a real headache for those of us who have to coordinate it. (Seriously, please, try it sometime...)

If we were going to do it at all, we wanted good quality product. Good quality and easy automatic implementation weren't an option, so in stead we got good quality, the promise of solid manual implementation and then our go-to guy (Michael) got shafted by the vendor.

So we're back to the drawing board, and in my mind, also back to the original question: Do we really want to be doing this at all?

Back