Show Your Pride in Pilots Of America with PoA Apparel!

Pilots Of America Management

MC Announcements and Communication
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Pilots of America Management
At long last, Pilots of America is proud to offer an opportunity for you to show your support for the best virtual $100 hamburger on the internet!

The Pilots of America Apparel Shop is open for business, featuring hats, shirts for men and women, and jackets!

With every purchase of PoA Apparel, a portion of the purchase price is contributed to Pilots of America. Additionally, you can choose to add additional funds to help support cover PoA's operating expenses with your order.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of Pilots of America,
PoA Management

Attachments

• poa_hats.jpg
    poa_hats.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 20
  • womens_shirt.jpg
    womens_shirt.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 20
  • mens_shirt.jpg
    mens_shirt.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Jackets.jpg
    Jackets.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 30
Thread created for questions and feedback.

Let me just add a personal note of thanks to Adam and Michael for their hard work on this and especially to Adam for wading through countless proposals, questions, answers, unfair criticism, and of course, having to deal with me (and the rest of the MC) through the whole process.

Thank you Michael and Adam for making this happen!

You might want to consider adding a .com to the clothing. If people see "Pilots Of America" they aren't going to think much. If they see the .com they will go home and look on their computer which will bring more members.

I beat you with Pirates Of America by about 19 hours. Ha!

Yeah but I think Pirates of America's logo should be a 3 masted schooner with wings. :)

Did you mean schooner or scooter?

Great job, folks. Choices look food!
I meant schooner...as in the ship... to go with the whole pirates theme...

Choices look food? Hungry are we? ;)

Ordered polos and matching hats but couldn't find the bra and panty page. :dunno: ;) :D

Minor thought on the hats.... could they be done without the button (ala AOPA and Sporty's)? Not all of us have Eamon's high tech head set :D.

Also, any thoughts of doing plain ol' T Shirts?

Not to complain, you folks have done some great work here, and the prices are quite reasonable. Order forthcoming....

How do you actually check out, pay and get the item shipped?

All I run into are places to register and I see no reason to have to register to buy something. I have reviewed the privacy policy of the site and am uncomfortable doing business under their terms.

Specifically I am ok with this
" The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discard"

But then there is this
"From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses." That implies there is no way to opt out of having our info stored somewhere.

Who exactly is this company? Why are they keeping this info and why can not just buy something without all the rigamaroll to register? Most places allow you to choose.

Last edited:
Choices look food? Hungry are we? ;)
Oops! YES! Earlier, I walked into a place where a guy was eating chicken. It put me in the mood for some but for some silly reason somebody wanted their package delivered really fast. The mood has passed but I'll make up for it tomorrow. :D

This company is Michael--I'm confused about what the need for all the anonymity is.

Actually the company is not Michael. I just put up the site for POA. All orders go directly to a local embroidery shop. I don't really do anything at this point. The site is a well oiled machine :)

Edit: Well if there are any questions, I can look at orders and make changes if needed.

Last edited:
Except for this when I try to return to the merchant from PayPal:

Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

Quick, more oil!

Fixed. If you don't believe me you can order again :)
Thanks Timothy

Last edited:
Ordered polos and matching hats but couldn't find the bra and panty page. :dunno: ;) :D
Let me guess... you were one of those who purchased some of the "Remove Before Flight" merchandise varieties at the Lakeland Flying Magazine booth? I'm not talking about the key chains!

:goofy:

Iffff....

...the product mix is possibly open to suggestion, perhaps we might have shirts crafted of 100% cotton; cotton-poly ain't gonna get it.

I agree - I'll pay the price premium for 100% cotton.
The reason the blend was chosen was due to the quality of the product. These polos will not fade or shrink, and will last much longer than a 100% cotton. If more people want cotton, i guess post here and we will see what we can do.....

Like this?
Yes, those object left in front of the wings could pose a hazard! Clearly, they must be removed before flight!

Michael, I have to wear polo shirts for work all day and have never been a fan of them to start with. I'd love to see regular t-shirts or perhaps button-down collar shirts.

The reason the blend was chosen was due to the quality of the product. These polos will not fade or shrink, and will last much longer than a 100% cotton. If more people want cotton, i guess post here and we will see what we can do.....

Michael:

I'll venture that you will not find one person in five who, having worn both, would choose to purposely wear a cotton/poly blend, especially with the remarkably good wearing characteristics of today's cotton weaves.

Being from a hot-weather clime yourself, you should know why! A cotton/poly shirt would, here, be reduced to winter-only use, for reasons of heat-retention because oil-based-clothing does not breathe.

Man, that was quick! All-cotton is now up.

I'm puttin' my money where my (considerable) mouth is.

Back