Show Your Pride in Pilots Of America with PoA Apparel!

I'm still not convinced a volunteer run, non-profit website should be in the business of delivering any kind of product in the first place. We're a community forum, not a business, and I'm leery to enter into business type relationships of ANY kind.
Then don't let the members take the logo and go to their local embroidery shop and get what they want, ask them for a donation for the use of the log. That is all you needed to do in the first place and you would be done, would not have had any of these headaches and would have still gotten a couple of sheckles in the process.

But apparently people want to show their support. This is great, but it's a real headache for those of us who have to coordinate it. (Seriously, please, try it sometime...)
We do like it here and want to show our support, but you guys made your own headache. Seriously this got way blown out of proportion when it could have been really easy.

So we're back to the drawing board, and in my mind, also back to the original question: Do we really want to be doing this at all?
Just simply license the logo on a peruse basis with a donation back to PoA for consideration of its use in the manufacturer of limited quantities of logo wear, then you are done.

Piece of cake.

Speaking for myself only here, not for the MC as a whole:

I'm still not convinced a volunteer run, non-profit website should be in the business of delivering any kind of product in the first place. We're a community forum, not a business, and I'm leery to enter into business type relationships of ANY kind.

But apparently people want to show their support. This is great, but it's a real headache for those of us who have to coordinate it. (Seriously, please, try it sometime...)

If we were going to do it at all, we wanted good quality product. Good quality and easy automatic implementation weren't an option, so in stead we got good quality, the promise of solid manual implementation and then our go-to guy (Michael) got shafted by the vendor.

So we're back to the drawing board, and in my mind, also back to the original question: Do we really want to be doing this at all?

Then as a community forum, give the community permission to use the logo and let them show their support. We'll take care of the rest. This doesn't have to have to be so complicated.

Chuck, I'm not trying to take anything away from the efforts you've put into this board. It's where my many of my friends live. I'm simply expressing that, for as much as it was drawn out, it could have happened much more quickly...and likely with a better result. Hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

Chuck, the answer is, without a doubt, "Yes," because we have here is a pilot neighborhood, an aviation-place that reflects the character of its members, and some of us are proud enough that we'd like to "show the colors."

The only challenge is, "How?"

For routine purposes, I do believe CafePress is a reasonable solution, and one which is both easily-regulated and bears no cost.

In addition, as and when opportunities to get better-quality goods (like those Michael's vendor made, only without the drama and delay) arise, the opportunity to do so can be easily allowed, without creating any responsibility or liability on the part of PoA or whichever person or entity possesses it.

More later, perhaps by back-channel, but this need not be burdensome.

---

Edit: Scott and Jason have good points;it can be done, and done easily and well. We'll talk.

It is time for a report from a satisfied customer.

I ordered some stuff. One shirt came in but the wrong size. I sent it back and it was replaced. While I had the wrong size shirt I saw it was pretty good quality, and ordered some more. All have arrived. I like the shirts. I wear them a lot.

So thanks to the crowd that managed to get the merchandise designed, made, and shipped to me. Also sincere thanks to Chuck, our resident retail grinch (j/k), for permitting all this to happen.

I am sorry others have not had the same experience. Maybe your expectations were too high?

-Skip

Skip,

from all appearance the initial offering was embraced by many and everyones experience was good. but after that it seems the vendor just decided to quit doing anything, as evidenced by Keven ordering at the end of august and just now getting his stuff. i dont think thats too high of an expectation.

tonycondon said:
i dont think thats too high of an expectation.
I'd have to agree with you on that. I just wanted to report that I was a happy camper, and express my thanks for those who volunteered their time. I should have left it at that....

-Skip

Last edited:
It is time for a report from a satisfied customer.

I ordered some stuff. One shirt came in but the wrong size. I sent it back and it was replaced. While I had the wrong size shirt I saw it was pretty good quality, and ordered some more. All have arrived. I like the shirts. I wear them a lot.

So thanks to the crowd that managed to get the merchandise designed, made, and shipped to me. Also sincere thanks to Chuck, our resident retail grinch (j/k), for permitting all this to happen.

I am sorry others have not had the same experience. Maybe your expectations were too high?

-Skip

Skip -
My expectations are/were: order said gear, receive said gear within a month. And, that is exactly what happened with the initial order when the "store" was opened, hence my reorder.

I don't think waiting 3 months for a shirt is within the realm of expecations for any of us, espcially when the billing took place at order.

Michael has done all he coud to remedy the situation and I am thankful for his assistance.

What Jason said. This can be as easy as you want to make it, and it's already been demonstrated how to do it the hard way.

Open up a Cafe Press store. If the quality sucks, well, you'll sell more shirts. :rofl:

Back