gdwindowpane
Pre-takeoff checklist
- Joined
- Jan 25, 2018
- Messages
- 368
- Location
- Halifax, Virginia
- Display Name
- gdwindowpane
- Home Airfield
- W78 - William M Tuck
Selling my Dad's 1966 Cessna 150F. Guy out of Florida responds to Barnstormers ad. Says he runs a flight time builder company and needs more planes. Sent him log books, annual info, etc. He wants to do a video call to see the airplane and then purchase it. Will wire funds. I tell him about the forms we'll need to fill out, Heir-At-Law and 8050-2 Bill of Sale at the minimum. Not sure if this is a scam or not. I'm thinking I should go through an escrow company rather than give him the Trust bank account info to have the funds wired. When I sold the Widgeon we went through AIC Title Service which went very smoothly. Who is responsible for submitting the paperwork to the FAA? I assume the purchaser seeing as I didn't submit anything for the Widgeon. Maybe the Title Service filed. I assume I wouldn't want to give him possession of the Cessna until the paperwork has been filed? I wouldn't want any liability to fall on me or the Trust for what happens to the airplane after it leaves.
He says he's based at Flagler Executive KFIN. Would like to have it ferried down but said he could send someone up. He says he's a pilot but Airmen Registry says he's a student pilot, issued 8/27/2025.
Not sure if I should walk away or what. I do have another guy that is going to have his mechanic fly down and do a pre-buy. This deal certainly seems more reasonable.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Original plan was for me to finish my PPL in it while we wait to sell but if an offer comes up I'll have to sell it.
He says he's based at Flagler Executive KFIN. Would like to have it ferried down but said he could send someone up. He says he's a pilot but Airmen Registry says he's a student pilot, issued 8/27/2025.
Not sure if I should walk away or what. I do have another guy that is going to have his mechanic fly down and do a pre-buy. This deal certainly seems more reasonable.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Original plan was for me to finish my PPL in it while we wait to sell but if an offer comes up I'll have to sell it.