SE MEETUP- February 24 Lunch @ The Flying Machine (KLZU)

Which date is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PDK info for future reference. Many of you know that there are two restaurants on the field.

The Downwind is in the airport administration building which is attached to the Epps hangar but has no affiliation with Epps. It can be easily accessed from both Epps or Atlantic, Signature is over on the side of the airport.

Just ate at The Downwind yesterday for the first time. Good food. Great view of the runways from up there.

Do I have to drag the plane out and taxi it across the field? ;)

BTW, anyone interested in seeing what we are doing with our youth program can come in early or stay after.

Are you planning to join us, Brian?

Thinking about it. It would just be a drive for me though from the southside of Atlanta. Saturday is our church day now that we're having to have church in someone else's building until we get ours built. Being lunch I might be able to do it. Or anybody flying up from say KFFC and wouldn't mind a passenger?

Thinking about it. It would just be a drive for me though from the southside of Atlanta. Saturday is our church day now that we're having to have church in someone else's building until we get ours built. Being lunch I might be able to do it. Or anybody flying up from say KFFC and wouldn't mind a passenger?
Sounds good Brian!

After reading much discussion about both date and location, please confirm when and where in a single post kt requiring reading three screensful of discussion on these points.

Thanks!

After reading much discussion about both date and location, please confirm when and where in a single post kt requiring reading three screensful of discussion on these points.

Thanks!
Planning to. Being that it’s still over a month away, I’m giving it a little more time to coordinate with the venue before confirming a date. For now, it seems the consensus is the 24th, so that’s the plan as of now.

Jeez this thread is depressing. I'll pencil in either date, though!

Had dinner last night at the Flying Machine. They are still in business. When we went in we were the only people there but they actually had several tables going when we left.

The Gold Sea "LIVE" page has been updated with the next webinar, February 8. We'll have Rod Machado and David St. George with us. If you're looking for the mock checkride, click the blue "Past Episodes" button.

I had a late lunch there yesterday too. They were out of the meatloaf. . There were a few other tables going.

They have a local TV station doing a story on them sometime this week. They are looking for a cook and servers.

It appears that the consensus date for the fly-in is February 24th. We’re a little less than a month away, so I plan to contact the venue (The Flying Machine) the first week of February to give a heads up of our plans.

If you plan to make it, drop a message below so I can get an idea of an approximate head count and I’ll add you to the list in the original post. As it gets closer, I’ll update them if need be.

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
They will set up the back area for us. Same thing they do when we have the chapter eat there before our monthly business meeting.

Planning for my wife and I. I have some chapter members that will likely come also. I'll get a count.

I'm gonna be a thousand miles West on the 24th. Ain't gonna make it.

The airport put up all new signage several years ago and the sign had to go at that time. The Flying Machine is not the only business on that side of the airport. You might imagine what kind of mess they would have if they allowed then to have a sign at the corner and not everyone else with a business.

None. The bureaucrat needs to learn a handy tool for bureaucrats. The word “grandfathered”. Kills all need for following any new rules created at any time after anything happened once. Haha. ;)

Someone should have trained him. Sit. Stay. Say “grandfathered”. Good bureaucrat. Here’s a treat.

You folks definitely don’t hang around bureaucrats enough. They LOVE being taught a new trick like that one.

They get to use it for the entire rest of their careers and you get left alone after initial training and acclimatizing them to ignore the fear of the “rulebreaking”. LOL. (Pssst. Hey bureaucrat, they’re your rules, remember? Toss that weight around a little.)

Do I have to drag the plane out and taxi it across the field? ;)

Ooh! Can I get a ride with you?

bump... does this undepressed the thread... :D

It was rough hearing The Flying Machine was having a hard time. I did all my training at LZU and was based there for quite a while.

I'm in. Looking forward to seeing @write-stuff again. It's been ages! I'll see if I can scrounge up some other airport bums (probably not @denverpilot though!)

Is there a time set?

Back