Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Fried eggs are gross

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I like in between runny and fried. Soft boiled

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • I don't eat eggs

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I'm still trying to figure out how runny and fried are mutually exclusive. Isn't an egg sunny side up both runny and fried? And how is soft boiled in between runny and fried? Seems like soft boiled is a either a subset of runny or it's a complete tangent.

I'm still trying to figure out how runny and fried are mutually exclusive. Isn't an egg sunny side up both runny and fried? And how is soft boiled in between runny and fried? Seems like soft boiled is a either a subset of runny or it's a complete tangent.

This was my question so I just settled on "fried" to mean rubbery all the way through.

My favorite is soft boiled, white completely hard and yolk completely runny, the egg stuck in one of those little cup things. To smack it open with the edge of a knife keeping bits of shell out of it and your runny yolk not spilled is a skill requiring practice.

Chopped scallions fried in butter, then add egg & fry.

Is anyone else gagged to the point of projectile vomiting by the smell of egg cooked on too high a stove setting? That will set me to running from the room and avoiding all egg for a month.

That and backyard eggs, omg every one of those I have had were scary bad. Give me the uniform freshness of factory farm eggs every time.

I like a fried egg with the yolk runny. Gives me a use for my toast.

And dagnabit...the yoke is the thing in your plane. The yellow part of an egg is a YOLK.

It's a multi select poll. If you like them both, choose them both.

What's a roll?

1. Speed up, so you are fast enough for roll maneuvering and inverted flight.
  2. Pitch up a few degrees. How much depends on wing incidence and zero-lift angle of attack. Look out for some feature on the horizon: This will help you to keep your direction constant.
  3. Stop the pitching motion, then apply full ailerons. Correct the aileron-induced yawing motion by applying gentle rudder (trailing edge in the direction of the up-going aileron). Your goal is to keep the fuselage pointing at the chosen feature throughout the maneuver.
  4. With increasing roll angle, apply rudder to keep the nose up. At the same time, push the stick gently to avoid course deviation. At 90° roll angle, both elevator and rudder have changed their function: The elevator will now control direction, and the rudder will control pitch.
  5. Keep the rotation rate and push the stick more when changing from 90° to 180° roll angle. In inverted flight you need to keep the aircraft trimmed, and depending on the static stability and speed this can require considerable negative elevator deflections. At the same time reduce rudder deflection such that the fuselage will still point into the initial direction. At 180° roll angle both elevator and rudder have returned to their old function, but pulling will now start a dive.
  6. On the way to 270° you will again need to add some rudder, now in the opposite direction, to keep the nose up. Again, elevator and rudder will exchange their functions.
  7. Once you return back to normal flight attitude, stop the rolling motion and reduce rudder deflection back to zero.

My eggs this morning were in the form of a breakfast torta. Fried ham, fried potatoes, cheese, scrambled eggs, salsa on a grilled roll. I chose to skip the grilled jalapeno, normally my go-to, today.

Runny egg whites and runny scrambled eggs kinda freak me out. Growing up we ate sunny side up with runny yolks. Was ok then, but can't do it now for some reason. Give me hard scrambled or hard boiled and I'm ok.

Over medium, cooked in bacon drippings, with some turkey, super-sharp cheddar, and half an avocado on thin-sliced sourdough warmed up by wiping the leftover bacon juice from the skillet. Practice keeps the runny yolks off your forearms.

Eggs? Fry them hard in bacon fat, dump them in the trash and eat the bacon.

Nauga,
ovo-intolerant

Over medium, place on toast or toasted English muffin!! I stopped the bread several months ago, now it's one hard boiled egg with turkey sausage and fruit for breakfast!

Thanks for the post. I'm talking about the yoke runny but the whites hard. I don't like runny or even soft yoke. It makes me gag.

Yeah, I don't like soft yokes either. They stick to my hands and make accurate aircraft control difficult.

Runny yolks in fried eggs are pretty good, but not for sandwiches--fried egg sandwiches are best with stone ground mustard and cheese, and the yolks should be broken and squeezed out in the skillet then cooked hard. Never tried a soft boiled egg, always boil 'em hard. Scrambled should be moist, not hard.

Last edited:
Defective eggs! Not two minutes ago I put to eggs in to near boiling water to hard boil them. One popped and cracked! OMG!! Can they not make good eggs any more? LOL

Defective eggs! Not two minutes ago I put to eggs in to near boiling water to hard boil them. One popped and cracked! OMG!! Can they not make good eggs any more? LOL

Industrialized Big Food eggs have thin shells, thin runny whites and pale yolks. Find yourself a source for TRUE free range eggs (can't necessarily trust the label.) The shells are so much thicker it's harder to crack the raw eggs. And the chickens that produced them lived much happier lives. To me it's worth the higher price. If you can't find such like in a store, go to the underground cash economy and find a local small farmer. They might arrive unwashed with bits of straw, but that's actually an egg that will last longer. Commercial washing strips the shell of the natural anti-bacterial protective coating.

Back