Reasons Why People Were Dumped

And she said Chicago style is better than New York style.

Funny, my wife calls it "cold slaw" too, but since English is her fifth language I give her a pass. :)

Some of her mangled English words make more sense than the ones they replace:

"damp" instead of "dam"
"obeast" instead of "obese"
"comatoast" instead of "comatose"
"self steam" instead of "self esteem"
"world renounced" instead of "world renowned"

That looks more like cold salad. Is that the vinegar based version?!?

^^^Proof positive I need to go flying :-(

oh this one is easy: "you're my husband, you're ¡supposed! to do this for me". Ask me how I know lol.

That is wrong on many levels.

Yet, hot slaw would be unappetizing.

I called it cold slaw for years, but was never broken up with for it. I was, however, broken up with once for being "too much of a smartass." Me? Imagine! :cool:

> "world renounced" instead of "world renowned"

I've never heard this one, but I like it. "FlyingRon, World Renounced Pilot."

And she'd be correct!
132.gif

Funny, my wife calls it "cold slaw" too, but since English is her fifth language I give her a pass. :)

Some of her mangled English words make more sense than the ones they replace:

"damp" instead of "dam"
"obeast" instead of "obese"
"comatoast" instead of "comatose"
"self steam" instead of "self esteem"
"world renounced" instead of "world renowned"
Your point is mute.

That is wrong on many levels.

Yet, hot slaw would be unappetizing.

I've had hot slaw before, and liked it. Here's a recipe for hot slaw that includes bacon: http://www.food.com/recipe/hot-bacon-cabbage-slaw-220956?layout=desktop . Looks pretty yummy, I'll have to try it sometime.

I called it cold slaw for years, but was never broken up with for it. I was, however, broken up with once for being "too much of a smartass." Me? Imagine! :cool:

I can think up a lot of reasons someone would break up with someone, but I'm pretty sure mistaking "cole" for "cold" isn't among the biggies.

There's lots of words that people hear but misuse. "Voila" seems to be one of the more common ones, I see it spelled (and pronounced) "wala" rather a lot. Personally, I think we should use the British version "Bob's yer uncle" but I'm not willing to start it. These days I hear people say "there it is" rather than "voila", which works for me, because I can reply "Whoomp!"

I'm just not getting my point acrost.
At one point when I was younger, acrost was so commonly used I went and looked it up just to make sure I wasn't the one getting it wrong. It is kind of catchy and after you say it a few times it wants to stick.

Around here, many people use ideal for idea. Like, "Charlie has a good ideal".

I've had hot slaw before, and liked it. Here's a recipe for hot slaw that includes bacon: http://www.food.com/recipe/hot-bacon-cabbage-slaw-220956?layout=desktop . Looks pretty yummy, I'll have to try it sometime.

I can think up a lot of reasons someone would break up with someone, but I'm pretty sure mistaking "cole" for "cold" isn't among the biggies.

There's lots of words that people hear but misuse. "Voila" seems to be one of the more common ones, I see it spelled (and pronounced) "wala" rather a lot. Personally, I think we should use the British version "Bob's yer uncle" but I'm not willing to start it. These days I hear people say "there it is" rather than "voila", which works for me, because I can reply "Whoomp!"

That looks interesting. It seems to require bacon. I am not opposed to that

have not lived til you overhear your future motherinlaw explain to someone how her daughter likes 'hot sex', mixing up the pronounciation of the 'o' in the word 'socks' for an 'e', and also you miss out on the part 'fresh from the dryer' (ESL but a delight in every way)

I unloaded a very nice young lady once upon a time because she over-used pronouns. When she was telling a story it always turned into "They went over there to talk to them, and while that was going on, they saw those people who were trying to buy that thing." It tumbled my gyros just listening...

A buddy and I were having a beer in his driveway one night and the lady next door stopped by to chat. She'd been dealing with a nasty problem with her dog all day and was pretty frustrated with the whole deal. Her husband finally got home and walked over.

He asker her how her day had gone.

Her: "I spent all day on the internet, learning everything I could about anal sacs."
Him: Eyebrows raise, smile begins to appear.
Her: "What?"
Him: "What?"
Her: "Wait. You thought I said... You sick ****!" and walked away.
Him: "What just happened?"
Us: ROFL

I wouldn't ding a person for pronunciation although spelling is a whole different matter.

At one point when I was younger, acrost was so commonly used I went and looked it up just to make sure I wasn't the one getting it wrong. It is kind of catchy and after you say it a few times it wants to stick.

Around here, many people use ideal for idea. Like, "Charlie has a good ideal".

But in Kentucky that would be "idear".

But in Kentucky that would be "idear".

It's "idear" in many places, as with "warsh," but they both make me cringe.

Where I'm from, we don't add .enters to words, we drop them, especially Rs and Gs at the end.

I unloaded a very nice young lady once upon a time because she over-used pronouns. When she was telling a story it always turned into "They went over there to talk to them, and while that was going on, they saw those people who were trying to buy that thing." It tumbled my gyros just listening...

I thought you were going to say overuse of "like" for a minute there.

"They were like, and she was like, and everyone was like like..."

I dumped one chick after her grammar pet peeve went overboard.

She'd send back a text, that I sent, with the errors pointed out. She wouldn't answer the text until I sent it back correct for grammar.:mad:

It's a freaking text not a Doctoral thesis!!!

She'd send back a text, that I sent, with the errors pointed out. She wouldn't answer the text until I sent it back correct for grammar.:mad:

I hope your reply was:

"Sorry - corrected reply: Don't let the door hit you on the way out. [Note: text corrected for spelling and grammar.]"

Back