Reasons Why People Were Dumped

I dumped one chick after her grammar pet peeve went overboard.

She'd send back a text, that I sent, with the errors pointed out. She wouldn't answer the text until I sent it back correct for grammar.:mad:

It's a freaking text not a Doctoral thesis!!!

On another forum we have a gal who is known as "Dr. Spellchick" She's a PHD but a very down to earth person. Perhaps that is because she is a geologist. She's quite cool about helping people correct their spelling and grammar.

Back before PCs were popular, and handwritten memos were the order of the day, I would often get my memos back corrected with red pen from one particular person. Okay. My spelling was awful but I thought getting them back marked up was rude. In stead of sending them out, I handed her the memos to correct and only ever sent them after making the corrections she noted.
I'm not so bad now but still find it rude. And I really hate autocorrection, especially when it miscorrects what I wrote. Oh, and FACEBOOK, Twitter, and texting all make things worse.

On another forum we have a gal who is known as "Dr. Spellchick" She's a PHD but a very down to earth person. Perhaps that is because she is a geologist. She's quite cool about helping people correct their spelling and grammar.
I bet she rocks.

It has been a long time, but I have been dumped several times for being a gentleman, and taking "NO" for an answer. Girls didn't want to look like they were giving in too easily, but they didn't want a wimp either. I usually found that the girls I wouldn't take no for an answer from tended to chase after me for more. Today, I would be accused of "date rape".

Last edited:
I've always called it "cold slop"

I'm marrying a smartass on April 1st... Guess I'm just a glutton.

I think you'd get a lot of agreement on that. But what does the smartass or Apr 1 have to do with it?

I think you'd get a lot of agreement on that. But what does the smartass or Apr 1 have to do with it?
simply because Cajun was dumped for being one... and compounding it by April Fools day... Hate it when I have to explain my humor... It's not that bad, is it?

Funny, my wife calls it "cold slaw" too, but since English is her fifth language I give her a pass. :)

Some of her mangled English words make more sense than the ones they replace:

"damp" instead of "dam"
"obeast" instead of "obese"
"comatoast" instead of "comatose"
"self steam" instead of "self esteem"
"world renounced" instead of "world renowned"
splain plis :D

simply because Cajun was dumped for being one... and compounding it by April Fools day... Hate it when I have to explain my humor... It's not that bad, is it?

I was thinking that you're a glutton and you're getting married. Yes, you'll get a lot of people to agree with you on that.

Back