PoA Weight loss support.

UGH!! We're going into the holiday season now, everyone!! Be strong... I'm thinking of the dress I'd like to wear to a flying club holiday party coming up and it's rather unforgiving of extra pounds. :rolleyes2: I'm using the picture of what I'd like to look like in it as motivation leading up to the date of the party! :yes:

UGH!! We're going into the holiday season now, everyone!! Be strong... I'm thinking of the dress I'd like to wear to a flying club holiday party coming up and it's rather unforgiving of extra pounds. :rolleyes2: I'm using the picture of what I'd like to look like in it as motivation leading up to the date of the party! :yes:

(I hope you take this the right way)

:needpics:

Flygirl, I'm sure you can a"dress" the situation hahahahaha!

still fighting to keep that first 5 pounds off. arggggh

well, the first 5 pounds are off, and have been off for more than a week.

The amazing thing is that I managed to refrain from gaining weight over Thanksgiving!

So who is with me on losing weight this winter?!

I was within 2 pounds of my "goal" (a goal I settled on though it is still almost 20 lbs more than I would love to weigh).

Then Thanksgiving came. Then the mountains. Tons of bacon. And booze.

I quit going to the gym, trying only diet since I don't have free time. Almost 4 pounds crept back.

Looks like the gym it must be for this lower weight to happen.

Gosh I'm up and down a lot but I think I've lost about 10 - 20 pounds. The best thing about it is that I never bought "fat clothes".

Which means every 5-10 lbs I go and look at my "old" clothes and try them on. Heck I even wore a skirt to a party last week!

Felt great.

Keep up your efforts!

Down from 174 to 172, and this was after Thanksgiving.
I also lost 2 lbs this week. Everyone looked at me weird cause my plate wasn't piled high. Should have seen the puzzled look when I caved in for seconds at just half the size of the 1st.

I swear they must have thought I was going to starve or something.

I hope so. About 3 years ago when I over did it (1500 kCal limit + exercise) and was really shedding the lbs I found that constantly telling myself "no" over several months made me a sad angry man. Not sure if that was from arguing with myself or the 24/7 hunger and soreness but something I desperately want to avoid this time.

That's why this time I've made a compromise. I am not avoiding anything because it makes me mad and feel bad all the time. I am not hungry though because my new thing is to eat roughly every 2 hours at work (to avoid boredom and reaching for goodies people bring in due to hunger) and then have a very early dinner when I get home, leaving at least 4-6 hours after dinner before sleeping. Eating late at night is my only no-no.

I still have candy, booze, chocolate, and everything else. I just have it in much smaller quantity. I even eat out and just bring the to go box to work and have it last 2-3 more "mini meals" instead of eating it all in one sitting.

I managed to hurt a knee, so I've curtailed my usual exercise for a while. Instead I'm experimenting with 7-Keto-DHEA I ordered from http://www.lef.org

Too soon to tell how well the 7-Keto is working. I'm also taking LEF's "Calorie Control Weight Management Formula" (CCWMF). There is a fiber in it called propolmannan that definitely speeds stuff through you, to put it diplomatically.

My weight did start to creep up a couple pounds within a week after I had stopped exercising. After I started the 7-Keto and CCWMF the two pounds came off the next week - but that may be coincidence.

I also lost 2 lbs this week. Everyone looked at me weird cause my plate wasn't piled high. Should have seen the puzzled look when I caved in for seconds at just half the size of the 1st.

I swear they must have thought I was going to starve or something.

Good job.

The amazing thing is, I went to two Thanksgiving Dinners. But, I barely touched the desserts. While family was in town, I stuck to my diet. Only a couple of cheats, but very minor.

I did pretty good. Chowed down on turkey and salad, but didn't touch any stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce or desserts or anything like that. Didn't gain anything of significance.

It's not the bad holiday diets that get me, it's the lack of outdoor activity in the Winter that's my problem. I usually put in somewhere between 50 and 100 miles a weekend on the bicycle. Remove that from the equation and it's a few BK Whoppers.

Not Sara, but I'm down 10# in the past week. Have been sick, for the first time in about three years, but have walked about five miles per day... Two in the morning, three at night. Combined with portion control, low carb, lots of water consumption.

All summer long I was busy doing construction, now that is over I have put on 10 pounds in 2 months. :mad: I am really disgusted with myself. :redface:

I'm gonna give hypnosis a try. I am hungry all the time! :dunno:

All summer long I was busy doing construction, now that is over I have put on 10 pounds in 2 months. :mad: I am really disgusted with myself. :redface:

I'm gonna give hypnosis a try. I am hungry all the time! :dunno:
I got higher then I needed to be...i think I'm on the way down now but refuse to stand on a scale as ofyet.

I got higher then I needed to be...i think I'm on the way down now but refuse to stand on a scale as ofyet.

Keep it under tight control J, when you get to be my age it is a freaking battle and I'm getting my butt kicked.

Keep it under tight control J, when you get to be my age it is a freaking battle and I'm getting my butt kicked.
18 days in - down 12 lbs so far - another 10 to go. I completely dropped beer, sweets, soda, and alcohol except I did have some whiskey straight at a christmas party.

I've been eating nothing but steak, chicken, and some vegetables. Basically the food list on Atkins phase 1.

My energy levels are finally returning as I've adjusted to the dramatic reduction in carbohydrates and will be introducing daily exercise now.

The first two or three days without any carbs or caffeine was pretty bad.

Last edited:
I managed to hurt a knee, so I've curtailed my usual exercise for a while. Instead I'm experimenting with 7-Keto-DHEA I ordered from http://www.lef.org

Too soon to tell how well the 7-Keto is working. I'm also taking LEF's "Calorie Control Weight Management Formula" (CCWMF). There is a fiber in it called propolmannan that definitely speeds stuff through you, to put it diplomatically.

My weight did start to creep up a couple pounds within a week after I had stopped exercising. After I started the 7-Keto and CCWMF the two pounds came off the next week - but that may be coincidence.

Jim -- I tried it as well. In theory it is supposed to replace DHEA that we lose as we get older. I tried DHEA years ago and it did nothing but made me an angry man! 7-keto is supposedly a metabolite of DHEA. I still take it, but not sure if it is doing anything.

18 days in - down 12 lbs so far - another 10 to go. I completely dropped beer, sweets, soda, and alcohol except I did have some whiskey straight at a christmas party.

I've been eating nothing but steak, chicken, and some vegetables. Basically the food list on Atkins phase 1.

My energy levels are finally returning as I've adjusted to the dramatic reduction in carbohydrates and will be introducing daily exercise now.

I found soups to be a great way to help during the winter months. Progresso makes some low calorie soups that will help you transition from the high protein diet. Using the myfitnesspal app has helped me understand how much carbs, protein, fats and sugar should be in my diet.

stuck at 7lbs down for a couple of weeks now...

still working on it...

stuck at 7lbs down for a couple of weeks now...

still working on it...

Sometimes doing something different for a period of time helps. If you been eating and doing the same things for a while, change things up. The body has a unique way of recognizing our attempts to starve it and will go into a protection mode. Changing it up helps.

20 days in - down 14 lbs so far - another 8 to go.

Remember, carbs metabolize to a sugar, same as alcohol. Which means when you go off carbs your body is going thru a detox/withdrawal pretty much like a hangover. You're right, it does take 2-4 days to get it out of your system.

As for caffeine, that too, is an addiction that requires a withdrawal period. Doing both at the same time is a personal preference.

I second this comment. I was in love with food, especially CHOCOLATE! At some point your body figures out that you mean business and the uncontrolled appetite gets checked.

It's really not the chocolate, it's the sugar. Plain chocolate powder has very little sugar. If younreally need the chocolate fix, stay away from milk choc and get the highest % of choc you can find. You'll discover you eat less of it, and like it more. I'm rather fond of the 72-85% choc. Semi-sweet choc even has too much choc for me these days.

Saw PCP last week. Not much difference in the weight (5 lbs maybe) but a 30 point drop in overall cholesterol and triglycerides, which made both of us happy.

Way to go everybody! I'm down 6 and have 20 to go. I'm building muscle though so it's going to take a little while longer and I seem to have come down with a cold and so I feel miserable...may shed a couple pounds this weekend just having soup.

Okay, I'm late to the party, but I need to lose weight. Again. :redface:

Goal is 15 pounds. So far 0 lost.

Gotten start somewhere. :D

Been hitting the Y 4 times week. Light weight machine training then 2-3 miles on the oliptical machines. 30 mins min.

Exercising is good for the body, but rarely results in weight loss for me anyway.

Are peanut M&M's health food? :mad2:

Last edited:
Okay, I'm late to the party, but I need to lose weight. Again. :redface:

Goal is 15 pounds. So far 0 lost.

Gotten start somewhere. :D

Been hitting the Y 4 times week. Light weight machine training then 2-3 miles on the oliptical machines. 30 mins min.

Exercising is good for the body, but rarely results in weight loss for me anyway.

Are peanut M&M's health food? :mad2:
Just eat the stuff on here and you'll be at your high school weight in no time
http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-1/What-You-Can-Eat-in-this-Phase.aspx

I'm down a ton since I bought a home elliptical. I haven't weighed this little in over 2 years. I am so excited trying on old clothes!

I'm 30 something days in. I've lost 22 lbs and am currently at 161 lbs.

Good for all of you that have lost weight. Slimming down is better for your heart, joints, and overall self esteem.

My 6 mile/day hike seems to be keeping me in good stead, indeed it is a bit of an ordeal through an Ohio winter. I'm afraid weight loss is going to involve reduced caloric intake, and that is unlikely to happen until I am done with classes. Wish me luck.

I'm down 70 lbs over the last 3 1/2 years using the "ramen" diet.

I hope those of you using packaged soups to loose weight are monitoring your blood pressure. Those things are chock full of sodium, and lots of folks are at risk for sodium dependent hypertension.

Back