Pilot - Social Experiment

How many scientists are on here?

I will have to find out what type of scientist he is.

I think a Biochemist.

The Golden Gate Bridge looks amazing at night. Just breathtaking.

AWOS: Wind - CALM (awesome), viz 10, clear below 12,000

All TAFs: Clear skies until well after midnight

No airmets for IFR.

All current airport readings were clear, not a cloud in the sky.

High pressure.

Friend #1 was very excited to go and even made a partial donation (about one third of the flight).

Since the day I got my cert, I have not once flown alone! Flying is just - soooooo incredible. And my 172 landing (according to the pax) was "great".

Wow, I want to visit to see that!

And I promise I'm not a creepy weirdo.

I think a Biochemist.

My husband is a physicist. He's the quiet type. The good things I've noticed about the scientist types is that they seem to be very stable and loyal, ie not the divorcing kind.

Wow, I want to visit to see that!

And I promise I'm not a creepy weirdo.

Cool, let me know when you are in California.

I have flown with one POA pilot already, and unless weather stops us from flying, I just confirmed another POA pilot next week.

In addition, I plan to fly with Mari in October and Brian in October (both POA).

That's four POA pilots in less than two months!

Now that I am checked out in both the 152 and the 172 I can accomodate a lot more normal sized pilots too.

Kimberly

My husband is a physicist. He's the quiet type. The good things I've noticed about the scientist types is that they seem to be very stable and loyal, ie not the divorcing kind.

I agree. I was actually telling Friend #1 (who wanted to know why he didn't land a second date with me) that I prefer the quiet type / introverts.

I think a Biochemist.

A quick guide to different kinds of scientists:
purity.png

My home boy from Oakland sums up this thread the best....

"...Are you a pleaser, or a teaser?
R&B diva or a skeezer?
To me, it's the same difference
I do my thang in the game, pimpin'
Don't worry bout me, cause I'ma do mine..."

Female Player - Too $hort

The girl I am dating is a kindergarten teacher. When we first started going out I got sick all the time! It was actually a real problem for awhile.

I worked in a major trauma center with it's own pedi ER for a few years. The first winter was hell. Rarely been sick since then.

My home boy from Oakland sums up this thread the best....

"...Are you a pleaser, or a teaser?
R&B diva or a skeezer?
To me, it's the same difference
I do my thang in the game, pimpin'
Don't worry bout me, cause I'ma do mine..."

Female Player - Too $hort

I am not sure how this sums up my thread.

But yeah, don't worry about me cuz I'm gonna do my own thing.

Word.

Seems like Friend 1 is going to ok to spend time with now that the "date" word is gone.... Bet he nervously wiggled his leg a lot less

Seems like Friend 1 is going to ok to spend time with now that the "date" word is gone.... Bet he nervously wiggled his leg a lot less

Didn't notice the plane shaking last night so yes.

I see him again tomorrow to return his 172 pillows to him and walk along the beach with burritos and beer.

PS - This may be one of those situations where the boy says OK to being your friend but then remains hopeful that one day you will change your mind.....

PS - This may be one of those situations where the boy says OK to being your friend but then remains hopeful that one day you will change your mind.....
Yeah - us guys are good at that.

See I knew you had hobbies - going to the sports club or whatever with Bachelor #2 was it. There you'll find lots of people. If you enjoy yourself and feel comfortable. Maybe some burley guy will come over and help you lift one of those heavy weights. Then he'll be Bachelor #4 or are we up to #5 now?

Yeah - us guys are good at that.

Yes but as I get to know my friend more (and he is a very open and honest guy) - I am finding out a lot of new information about him and his past.

Unfortunately, this is simply helping me to mentally verify "I was right" to not date him.

Gotta trust your gut on these things. And he "seems cool" talking about my dates on eHarmony. I am guessing he'll have some more dates here real soon. I told him I had one tonight and he wished me well.

Oops posted this just have your other quicker
Post so NEVERMIND

See I knew you had hobbies - going to the sports club or whatever with Bachelor #2 was it. There you'll find lots of people. If you enjoy yourself and feel comfortable. Maybe some burley guy will come over and help you lift one of those heavy weights. Then he'll be Bachelor #4 or are we up to #5 now?

If we count the guy I rejected via phone and the one who hasn't called me back we may be up to 6.

However, I think we have:

Bachelor #1 - Met for a first date on Friday. Was sweet and nice. Texted on Saturday that he had fun on Friday. Haven't heard from him since so I don't know if I will see him again.

Bachelor #2 - Met for a first date on Saturday. Was sweet and nice but had some things I considered "dating red flags". Let him know via email that I didn't want to date again but would be open to friendship. Saw him again on Sunday and will see him again tomorrow (Tuesday). Now known as "Friend #1".

Bachelor #3 - Was going to meet on Tuesday (tomorrow), had talked on the phone and texted, but thanks to the wonderful members of POA - I sent him a text saying I had second thoughts. He was displaying unusual signs of jealousy and possession. He never texted me back, hope he got my texts. Hope he doesn't show up tomorrow.

Bachelor #4 - Going to meet tonight. A scientist. We talked on the phone yesterday.

In the works:

A vet who hasn't called me back

Various others on eHarmony (no phone numbers exchanged yet)

What do you mean?

Oh I said something about friend 1 but you had posted that now that you know more about him you are glad that he isn't in date category anymore ... So what I had posted made no sense so I erased it and said : never mind.

No boggy

FYI; Texts are horribly unreliable. You could possibly be giving up on something real because his phone sucks. Beware of that if you aren't already.

Friend #1 is never going to work. Sorry, but true. Men are not capable.

Oh and by the way he isn't going on Sunday to play sports and the weekend after that there is no game, in fact the "playoffs" are almost a month away and then the whole thing is over.

So I may only get to go to one game / thing.

I *might* go on Saturday to an airport event (flour bombing / poker run) but the person who will introduce me around warns that they are all over 50 years old. And probably not single.

FYI; Texts are horribly unreliable. You could possibly be giving up on something real because his phone sucks. Beware of that if you aren't already.

Yeah.. But.... He did pay for a portion of their night flight.:yesnod::yesnod:.

Thanks, Mike.

Though I do like gadgets I agree with you. However, I am OK if Bachelor #1 does not contact me again. Therefore, instead of calling him in one week's time to double check that both his phone and my phone are working and texting - I will just let it be done with.

There were some stories and other things which came up that night - certainly not a red flag but definitely an eye opener about him.

Speaking of texts being unreliable - I got two texts today that Friend #1 sent to me last night. And they just came through now! I need to reboot my phone.

Also, I realize that the friendship with Friend #1 may not last. However, it was really fun to get some flight time in, have a passenger who gave me a good sized donation, get some exercise by walking on the beach tomorrow, and possibly join a sports team in SF. So I think we are both enjoying the time together and the activities - even if one person likes the other one more.

Yeah.. But.... He did pay for a portion of their night flight.:yesnod::yesnod:.

True. And I made it very clear in my text that since he did not have a job I did not expect any money but that donations were welcome and then I listed the hourly rate. All said and done if you include everything - he ended up paying about 1/3 which is great. Allows me to fly more. I thanked him many times. Every bit helps.

In fact, all the people I've flown with (yes all) have helped with cost. This means the only flight I've paid for in full since getting my cert was the checkout on Saturday! Woo hoo!

Call me crazy...(go ahead I'll wait) Why would you take a stranger up 3000ft?! Might as well take them back to your house. Unless you searched them for weapons before you started the engine. Seems like ALOT of bad things could happen...most single people are leary of being alone with someone they just met, hence meeting in a public location.

My 2 cents.

Call me crazy...(go ahead I'll wait) Why would you take a stranger up 3000ft?! Might as well take them back to your house. Unless you searched them for weapons before you started the engine. Seems like ALOT of bad things could happen...most single people are leary of being alone with someone they just met, hence meeting in a public location.

My 2 cents.

I had spoken to him on the phone the week before.

I had texted him.

I had met him in a public place for our first date the day before.

I had "rejected him" as a date / relationship - and VERY few men know how to handle that the correct way. Though he did give me the feedback that it was the sweetest rejection letter he'd ever seen, he still didn't have to talk to me ever again.

It takes a lot of maturity to accept rejection and move towards friendship.

I'd be less worried about being 'attacked' or whatever at 3000 feet than I would being in a public place. Kim, being the pilot, has full control of that situation. Unless of course the guy is suicidal, which is an extremely remote possibility. He could off himself easily via another method if he wanted to (but some seem to F this up anyway)

Back