Part Two Needed?

SkyChaser

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
SkyChaser
There's something in the air, and it's more than a little odd. Did the market have some black tuesday event or something and I missed it?

The temperature is Dubai-levels of unpleasant this week in the places I hang out online. I can only assume I'm part of the problem somehow.

Last edited:
There's something in the air, and it's more than a little odd. Did the market have some black tuesday event or something and I missed it?

On another forum I seem to have earned a mortal enemy because I disliked a post of theirs. You should see the strange oaths, internet mouth-spittle, and chest-thumping outrage it generated, plus some language that Tarantino would blush at -- across multiple friends, SMS, facebook, and who knows where else. I'm just watching it like the "this is fine" dog and wondering what on earth is going on. It's doubly weird as it's a dude whose online persona I really like and enjoy.

The temperature is Dubai-levels of unpleasant this week in the places I hang out online. I can only assume I'm part of the problem somehow.

aaawwww, poor schmoo :(

Not poor me. It's more in this vein: :D

comic.php

I was thinking that maybe we needed a part two of this thread with the hullabaloo happening around the joint...

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...telling-me-you-got-your-feelings-hurt.138959/

It seems a lot of hurt feelings are running around crazy, so maybe if we sit down in the timeout corner and use our "nice words"...oh wait, this isn't preschool anymore??

:p :D
Haven't noticed any more than some of the usual stuff. Must be in threads that I just skip because the title doesn't capture my attention. Any examples??

On another forum I seem to have earned a mortal enemy because I disliked a post of theirs. You should see the strange oaths, internet mouth-spittle, and chest-thumping outrage it generated, plus some language that Tarantino would blush at -- across multiple friends, SMS, facebook, and who knows where else. I'm just watching it like the "this is fine" dog and wondering what on earth is going on. It's doubly weird as it's a dude whose online persona I really like and enjoy.

Dubai isn't "terrible" this time of year. It's basically Tucson, AZ right now lol.

Crap what did I miss? I must have the wrong people on ignore.

Or maybe the right ones.

Crap what did I miss? I must have the wrong people on ignore.

Or maybe the right ones.

I'm not sure you missed much, but I think it's still hanging around in Hanger Talk. Look for locked threads... :)

There should be an award for posters with most threads locked, and we could have categories like "in shortest time frame", "smallest post count", "most agregious 'sin' without banning", etc.

On the other hand, that is a horrible idea. :confused::cool::oops:

The whole thread? I thought that was what ‘ignore thread’ was for.
Yep.

To see it at all, I have to go to my ignored members list, go to their profile, "find all content by", "show ignored content", and then I can go to the thread, but their posts still don't show up unless I scroll to the bottom and click "show ignored content" again. It's a real process, which is probably for the best.

This also works great for the drive-by video posters. Their threads don't show up when I hit "new content".

The thing about poa is that if you come here looking for a problem you will most likely find it. I'm glad I was too busy and not really interested to participate in that butthurt fest.

Blocking someone works great. I've only done it once here, that poster is long gone, good riddance.

We really only need aviation activists here. Nobody gives a crap who you like to sleep with, at least I don't.

Apparently, not caring who someone sleeps with, but not wanting to know, either, makes a person a bigot to an activist. Honestly, it would have a been a non-issue if he'd just mentioned it in his bio and then only when it came up in conversation again, instead of turning POA into his own personal mission field. I guess the guy had never heard of "more people are won by honey than vinegar"!

Mary Ann, dinosaur oil, beans in the chili, Dodge Ram, 1911 .45acp. All you other heathens need to repent.

Apparently, not caring who someone sleeps with, but not wanting to know, either, makes a person a bigot to an activist. Honestly, it would have a been a non-issue if he'd just mentioned it in his bio and then only when it came up in conversation again, instead of turning POA into his own personal mission field. I guess the guy had never heard of "more people are won by honey than vinegar"!
Oh, that guy. Hmm, if the Management Council banned him, I wonder if he could sue POA.

Yep.

To see it at all, I have to go to my ignored members list, go to their profile, "find all content by", "show ignored content", and then I can go to the thread, but their posts still don't show up unless I scroll to the bottom and click "show ignored content" again. It's a real process, which is probably for the best.

This also works great for the drive-by video posters. Their threads don't show up when I hit "new content".

I don't think that works if the poster restricts access to their profile.

Honey you say?IMG_20220826_211708740.jpg IMG_20220723_152901823.jpg

That looks delicious! Congrats on the hives, man.

I now wanna go make biscuits.
The honey is really an afterthought for me. Kind of sick of it at this point. But it saves me almost 4k in property taxes. Buys me a lot of 100ll

He seemed to have low tolerance for people whose opinions differed from his, but he wasn't the only one.

By the way, if there are people who don't want to know who someone sleeps with, was I wrong to reveal my sexual preference by mentioning that I have an ex-wife recently?

Last edited:
He seemed to have low tolerance for people whose opinions differed from his, but he wasn't the only one.
I suspect a few people here would've lost their minds if he had posted wedding pictures, invited or not. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
whose standards are not double or nothing

I suspect a few people here would've lost their minds if he had posted wedding pictures, invited or not. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
whose standards are not double or nothing
Would be encouraged if it was in the back of a Cherokee Six...consummation in said plane is a different story.

Back