Tell me you got your feelings hurt without telling me you got your feelings hurt.

I feel like I got left out of the story on this one?

Are you trying to tell us your feelings are hurt? Sure seems like it.

You're not my supervisor.

I sign my emails "Regards" instead of "Cheers" if I'm annoyed at the recipient. I'm sure it really sticks in their craw and gives them something to think about.

Anytime a woman says FINE, it isn’t.

Cheers

That is weirdly true, and I've never been able to figure it out. If I'm upset, I can say "It's fine", like it's no big deal and I'm super calm, but try changing that to "It's okay" or "I'm okay" and it's so incredibly obvious that something is wrong! :confused: I warned my husband when we first started dating that if I ever said I'm fine or that something was fine, that he should be aware that "fine" just means I'm too emotional and embarrassed to admit that I'm not okay. So far, it's worked so beautifully, I haven't even said "I'm fine". I think he's better at figuring out if I'm okay or not than I am! :D

That is weirdly true, and I've never been able to figure it out. If I'm upset, I can say "It's fine", like it's no big deal and I'm super calm, but try changing that to "It's okay" or "I'm okay" and it's so incredibly obvious that something is wrong! :confused: I warned my husband when we first started dating that if I ever said I'm fine or that something was fine, that he should be aware that "fine" just means I'm too emotional and embarrassed to admit that I'm not okay. So far, it's worked so beautifully, I haven't even said "I'm fine". I think he's better at figuring out if I'm okay or not than I am! :D

F reaked-out
I nsecure
N eurotic
E motional

I feel like I got left out of the story on this one?
Sounds to me like you got your feelings hurt, even though you didn't say you got your feelings hurt.
Therefore, I believe you win the thread prize (a play date with Ed Fred).

Sounds to me like you got your feelings hurt, even though you didn't say you got your feelings hurt.
Therefore, I believe you win the thread prize (a play date with Ed Fred).

Talk about a gift that keeps giving...

I can't remember when the last time was that someone hurt my feelings. But if you're looking for a way to tell if you've hurt someone's feelings, here's a line that will work: "Awwww, did I hurt your itty bitty feelings?" Only did that once, but it has a 100% success rate. The response will either be puzzled, or some sort of intense anger.

Ok, here's another. Ask them to repeat their response but without the extra emotional content. That one works great! I don't know that I'd try it at work, though.

Albany Tom is cruisin' for a bruisin' :)

Also, never ask them "Who peed in your corn flakes ?" That is not the smartest question first thing in the morning..

Back