Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- Anyone else going?

With the exception of 2 years, I've gone every year since I got my driver's license by myself. Before I had my DL, I would BEG anyone to take me. I go by myself because I would rather sit and enjoy airplanes than listen to the person who I dragged with me complain about how her feet hurt and it's too hot and there's no shade and when are we leaving and it's kinda dusty and there's a lot of old guys here. :smile:

I did decide to take my boyfriend last year... he didn't complain much. :rolleyes:

Your just not taking the right kind of people. :rolleyes:

Tim, right now we were planning on parking in Vintage and camping with the plane there. However if you wanted to camp at Sholler with us, we might change our plans... especially since we were thinking of heading that way anyway, depending on how things go.

Well, I'm going to plan on Scholler for Thursday-Saturday nights. I just cancelled my hotel, so I'm committed now. We'll hook up.

Is there a way to set up tents in a group, either in Camp Scholler or the North 40? It would be neat if we were at least in the same general area. (Yeah, we're leaning towards camping, with the relatives as a backup.)

In Sholler all you need to do to reserve some space is to block it off so no one else thinks it's a space. We were going to go for Vintage camping and if we didn't like the spot head out to Scholler. Whomever gets there first just needs to spread out a little bit or draw out your "area". (maybe we will need ot pack some bright ropeing and stakes)

Take some time to volunteer for something. Do it at least one of the days you are there if you are going to be there more than three days. Personally, I will be spending Monday through Friday conducting interviews for the Timeless Voices Project. I did five last year in two days. Living history is fun and educational!

Same reason I'll never set foot in a strip club. No sense in going somewhere to look at a bunch of stuff I"ll never go home with.
Bah Ed, you can take one home with a little cash. It's amazing what a stack of $1 bills can do.

I'll be schilling books at the author's corner. I get to fly in! My partner was going to take the plane, but he's got a new job and can't take the time, so the Free Bird is all mine! We'll park it in the North 40, since most of the aircraft take off and land on 27/9, and watching airplanes is what I come to Oshkosh to do.

I'll be schilling books at the author's corner. I get to fly in! My partner was going to take the plane, but he's got a new job and can't take the time, so the Free Bird is all mine! We'll park it in the North 40, since most of the aircraft take off and land on 27/9, and watching airplanes is what I come to Oshkosh to do.

What day are you leaving?
Depending on weather, I will be departing OSU Friday, 24/Saturday, 25/Sunday, 26.

What book are you 'schilling'?

Depending on weather, I will be departing OSU Friday, 24/Saturday, 25/Sunday, 26.

Wild guess here, but http://www.amazon.com/Stationery-Flight-Extraordinary-Paper-Airplanes/dp/1879384469
51RMEJKF9EL._SS500_.jpg

I'm planning on going now too. I think Kent talked Justin and I into it the other night in chat. So Justin (Skymaster), who a bunch of you met at Gastons this year, and I will be heading out in the Trinidad. Planning on a Weds. the 29th arrival and depart on Sunday the 2nd. We'll be camping in the North 40.

I'm planning on going now too. I think Kent talked Justin and I into it the other night in chat. So Justin (Skymaster), who a bunch of you met at Gastons this year, and I will be heading out in the Trinidad. Planning on a Weds. the 29th arrival and depart on Sunday the 2nd. We'll be camping in the North 40.

Awesome! See you there! :)

YES!!! :goofy:

My evil plan has come to fruition... :D See you guys there!

In Sholler all you need to do to reserve some space is to block it off so no one else thinks it's a space. We were going to go for Vintage camping and if we didn't like the spot head out to Scholler. Whomever gets there first just needs to spread out a little bit or draw out your "area". (maybe we will need ot pack some bright ropeing and stakes)

Well, it's official... Grant and I will be camping in Oshkosh for the first time this year. We won't be flying in this time, so Camp Scholler will have one more pair of pilots.....one of whom just picked up her cooking gear yesterday.. yes, a propane tank will be involved :)

Our current plans will have us arriving Saturday, planning on staying the week. Any POAers camping in Scholler arriving before us who'd be interested in being neighbors, and can hold an adjacent lot for us?

Be forewarned; as Grant will readily attest, I sometimes (okay, often) have trouble cooking for just two people.... some meals may migrate to adjacent tents :D

I sometimes (okay, often) have trouble cooking for just two people.... some meals may migrate to adjacent tents :D

AMEN and Beth and I will somehow, mysteriousely, concindentally, be around your tent round about supper time! :D

Well, looks like we won't go after all. Hubby has been looking for a job :fcross: since October and now finally, he has found one starting next week. :thumbsup: Money has been tight anyway, so the decision to go meant giving up other things, but we cannot afford to give up a chance at an income.:yinyang:

Well, it's official... Grant and I will be camping in Oshkosh for the first time this year. We won't be flying in this time, so Camp Scholler will have one more pair of pilots.....one of whom just picked up her cooking gear yesterday.. yes, a propane tank will be involved :)

Our current plans will have us arriving Saturday, planning on staying the week. Any POAers camping in Scholler arriving before us who'd be interested in being neighbors, and can hold an adjacent lot for us?

Be forewarned; as Grant will readily attest, I sometimes (okay, often) have trouble cooking for just two people.... some meals may migrate to adjacent tents :D
I'll be happy to help reduce your food overage, starting on Thursday.

Grant was quite prescient, there are 20 copies of Stationery Flight at Oshkosh. With luck I can sell all.

I am currently planning to depart Friday evening on a short(ish) flight to Ft. Wayne, to see an old friend residing there. Saturday morning we're off to the show. All depending on weather, of course.

Plan on flying my old Champ located in North Missouri to Osh on Saturday July 25th. Anyone else with a slow plane want to join up for the trip?

I'll be happy to help reduce your food overage, starting on Thursday.
Well, Thursday is the PoA/Babes dinner at the White House. If Leslie can find ingredients, however, Friday will be BBQ Peking Duck Wraps. Saturday is the Watermelon Social at the Seaplane base.

Man, our social calendar is already filling up!:rofl:

Pecking Duck? Tell her if she kills them first they won't bite. Seriously, sounds good. I'll be at the show all week and will try to find you guys in Scholler/Vintage earlier in the week and then roll in early Thursday morning and set up tent before I head to the SAFE booth in the morning.

I'm heading to OSH on Saturday the 25th in my old Champ. Departing from CHT in north central Missouri and would like to hook up with someone else that is going low and slow. Know anyone who might be interested in meeting up and flying together?

Plan on flying my old Champ located in North Missouri to Osh on Saturday July 25th. Anyone else with a slow plane want to join up for the trip?

Stop in Iowa City (KIOW) for fuel and the Pool Party. Free food drink, etc...

:smile:

Tim, right now we were planning on parking in Vintage and camping with the plane there. However if you wanted to camp at Sholler with us, we might change our plans... especially since we were thinking of heading that way anyway, depending on how things go.

This may just bring us to Scholler instead of Vintage. ; ) Ted??? what's the call?

We are arriving sometime on Saturday.

I want to be where my friends are. If my friends are in Scholler, then that's where I want to be. It sounds like my friends are going to be in Scholler.

The real question: When is everyone else arriving, and who's going to arrive first (i.e. can scout out and reserve the best campground?).

I want to be where my friends are. If my friends are in Scholler, then that's where I want to be. It sounds like my friends are going to be in Scholler.

The real question: When is everyone else arriving, and who's going to arrive first (i.e. can scout out and reserve the best campground?).

I guess you don't consider Greg a friend or you don't think they would let the Aztruck park with the 195's.

Missa

I guess you don't consider Greg a friend or you don't think they would let the Aztruck park with the 195's.

Missa
But Greg won't be arriving until Wednesday (unless we can convince him to show up a day early for our party). We, OTOH, will be arriving Saturday the 25th, probably before noon.

I was pretty sure that Greg was parking in a different section than we were. I recall the 195s all being in a particular row last year.

Also, Greg's not coming for the entire week.

The 195's do tend to park together. I like Vintage quite a bit, but the North 40 is closer to where most of the aircraft action takes place. The Vintage is a bit closer to the rest of the show.

If you're bringing your plane you should camp with it. Seriously, it gives you some room for overage, a place to hide if your tent blows over, and pride of ownership when everyone comes to check it out.

Depends on your views, Michael. To me, events like these are the most fun because of the people that you're around. As such, I want to be where my friends are. If my friends aren't camping with my plane, then my interest in camping with my plane declines.

Besides, my Aztec is the aviation equivalent of my Ford Excursion. It'd be different if I had a T-50.

I was pretty sure that Greg was parking in a different section than we were. I recall the 195s all being in a particular row last year.

Also, Greg's not coming for the entire week.

Heh...hum!!! And what about me?:D

BTW...vintage is close to Camp Scholler.

Heh...hum!!! And what about me?:D

BTW...vintage is close to Camp Scholler.

I'm sorry, Sharon, I didn't mean to forget about you! But you aren't coming any earlier than Greg, are you? ;)

I didn't realize Vintage was close to Scholler, but even then Scholler can be pretty big. If we have a big PoA section of Scholler, I'd like that. :)

The 195's do tend to park together. I like Vintage quite a bit, but the North 40 is closer to where most of the aircraft action takes place. The Vintage is a bit closer to the rest of the show.

If you're bringing your plane you should camp with it. Seriously, it gives you some room for overage, a place to hide if your tent blows over, and pride of ownership when everyone comes to check it out.

Quote: Depends on your views, Michael. To me, events like these are the most fun because of the people that you're around. As such, I want to be where my friends are. If my friends aren't camping with my plane, then my interest in camping with my plane declines.

FWIW...The story I hear is that the 195's park together because one of the 195 pilots talked EEA into allowing them to reserving those spots for the 195's.

Also, there's more to Oshkosh then staying near friends. Greg and I have since met a few 195 owners over the years but...we always make friends with those we camp around (they can be "fun" people, too:D)...and then we go visit those we know that are at the event when we get around to it...which means we do a lot of walking (once or twice to North 40 during the event since we tend to return to our campsite AFTER the trams stop running) and the rest of the time, hang out with our "new" friends during the times we're not walking around the grounds exploring.

BTW...This is why it is important for us to have some of your cell numbers, so we can try to connect during the event...since we rarely see POA people near the 195's at least during the times we are around that area. If we know you are coming, we would, of course, plan on being there.

BTW, Ted...it would be nice to have other POAers camped "near" (relatively speaking) to us.:smile:

Not fair. You said you were driving, so you won't be "parking" in vintage, even if your plane is there!:nono:

I'm confused, Grant. We will be parking our airplane in vintage...and our car will be parked in a lot near Camp Scholler.

I'm confused, Grant. We will be parking our airplane in vintage...and our car will be parked in a lot near Camp Scholler.
I think we both are, about what we're replying to one another about. :) No big deal.

BTW:
bockwoman3 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove bockwoman3 from the recipient list and send the message again.

I've made a lot of good friends doing the airplane camping thing. I would not go to a fly in and camp anywhere else, the experience is too unique. It's what we all share.

QUOTE:
bockwoman3 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove bockwoman3 from the recipient list and send the message again.

I forgot you had mentioned getting that message when we were at Gaston's. I'll go check out my settings and see if I can change that...just for you...:D:D

QUOTE:

I forgot you had mentioned getting that message when we were at Gaston's. I'll go check out my settings and see if I can change that...just for you...:D:D

It has been done, Grant. All POA members are now free to move about Sharon's private messaging system. :smile:

Back