Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- Anyone else going?

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
God willin' and the crik don't rise, this month will mark our 27th year at Oshkosh. We're planning on flying in on Sunday, July 26th, and spending the week.

All you refugees from rec.aviation know that we always throw a party on Wednesday night during OSH. We WILL have our annual Wednesday night party in the North 40, so plan on migrating out to our plane after the air show, if you'd care to join us. As always, admission is a 6-pack of good beer from your home state. Extra points are awarded for micro-brew status. If you can't see through it, better yet! (Anyone bringing beer with the name "Light" or "Lite" in it will be summarily sent to the Charcoal Pit, where you will be forced to listen to karaoke for the evening... :)

We'll have food of some sort, snacks, and plenty of hangar flying. If you get there right after the air show, you can enjoy the REAL airshow with us -- arrivals and departures. From 6 to 8 PM you will see some wonderful "stupid pilot tricks" as well as some excellent flying. It's great fun, and I hope you can join us.

We just got back from the annual Cherokee Pilots Association fly-in down in Missouri. In past years there have been well over 100 planes in attendance -- this year, just 35 showed up. I'm hoping that this means that everyone is pinching their nickels and dimes so that they can attend the Big One in Oshkosh!

So who's coming?

My wife and I will be there Friday and Saturday only.

Planning to be there for the entire week this year. (Maybe even Saturday - the following Sunday). Still don't know if we'll fly or drive, camp or stay with relatives.

Will be there at least Monday through Friday. Gotta do author's corner a couple days. Will try to come by.

I'll be there all week, Sunday-Sunday. Camping under the wing, should the engine be installed by then!

Monday-Saturday. See my other post and send me an e-mail if you want to join/receive a master cellphone list.

Saturday Morning through early Friday morning, Camping.

Jay,
I'll be there as usual (I hope), riding the scooter, dressed in orange...

Still unsure...I'm working again, sporadically, and still playing catch-up on the bills. Can't turn down any gigs and can't be spending money on any extravagances except the glider club.
The only likely possibility at this point is that I'll get to bum a ride with another pilot again and stay for maybe two nights.

I'll be there for the first time since 1980. I don't know exactly which days though. I have a project going in Clintonville about 45 miles Northwest and will probably ride the CFA bus back and forth from Waupaca when I come down.

God willin' and the crik don't rise, this month will mark our 27th year at Oshkosh. We're planning on flying in on Sunday, July 26th, and spending the week.

So who's coming?

I've been going to Oshkosh when they called it Rockford. :rofl: My 1st OSH was in the 60's at Rockford, IL. Needless to say I did not fly in. :frown2:

Anyone else remember Rockford EAA Fly ins?

I'll be at OSH all week!

Last edited:
I'll be there the whole week. Look for N34 and you'll find me. I'll be the tall guy in the blue shirt and tan pants.

Last edited:
We will be there all week :D Cant wait!

Our thinking right now is to mix staying with relatives with camping. Should we camp towards the beginning or the end of the week?

Trying to figure a way...

Planning to be there for the entire week this year. (Maybe even Saturday - the following Sunday). Still don't know if we'll fly or drive, camp or stay with relatives.

Camp with us!!!!

I'll be there all week... Ted willing... ; )

Ma may come around the lake too.

I'll be there the whole week. Look for N34 and you'll find me. I'll be the tall guy in the blue shirt and tan pants.

Woo Hoo! Are you camping in the North 40? I gotta check with Ted but I think he wants to camp in Scholler.

Camp with us!!!!

I'll be there all week... Ted willing... ; )

Ma may come around the lake too.
Will you be at Camp Scholler or the North 40? I think we'll probably drive up again, because I hate to take a plane off-line for a week for so few hours flying.

I'll be arriving on Saturday with the B2Osh group and staying through Tuesday AM.

Will you be at Camp Scholler or the North 40? I think we'll probably drive up again, because I hate to take a plane off-line for a week for so few hours flying.

That really depends on the equipment we manage to squish into the Aztec... if we share a big tent then it's where Ted wants to camp. :D

That really depends on the equipment we manage to squish into the Aztec... if we share a big tent then it's where Ted wants to camp. :D

You're going to *fly* in -- but camp in the *drive-in* camping area at OSH?

I've heard of people from Scholler trying to camp in the North 40, but never the other way 'round...

Cool. I will be there the beginning of the show, unless wx changes that. Where is N34? Finding someone otherwise is nearly impossible, lol

Bad News.

Beth saw the schedule of events yesterday for OSH and has informed me that "WE" will be attending morning aerobics every morning Monday - Friday at the theater. It's too early to fake another injury now, but you can bet on Saturday after we land I'm probably going to "trip" and be unable to attend aerobics classes each morning due to my fractured static wick and spranged oleo strut (shhhh, she'll never know what those are).

Anybody have leg warmers I can borrow for class? LOL JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked being out at Camp Sholler. I don't really care where we stay - for all I know we may end up in vintage parking. My plane does qualify, after all. However, this means that it needs to get a GOOD and thorough washing and waxing. The thing is filthy right now.

Right now the weekend before Osh is free. I'm thinking anyone who's coming along is going to get to participate in a "wash the truck" party, where we do a thorough and proper washing and waxing.

Grant,

Just decide when you think OSH needs a good rainstorm (like a cow peeing on a flat rock) and plan your camping dates accordingly. You won't be disappointed and the locals will appreciate the rain.

I have tent-camped in the north 40, pulled the camper and stayed with folks who use OSH money for private school tuition for their daughter and who have become good friends over the years. They offer good beds, showers, air conditioning and a buffet breakfast. Guess where I stay now?

Our thinking right now is to mix staying with relatives with camping. Should we camp towards the beginning or the end of the week?

We hope to come, but due to financial, family, meteriological events of the past few months, we both have let our BFRs lapse. If one of us gets a BFR in time, we can come. I have let my medical lapse, too. (sigh)

I liked being out at Camp Sholler. I don't really care where we stay - for all I know we may end up in vintage parking. My plane does qualify, after all. However, this means that it needs to get a GOOD and thorough washing and waxing. The thing is filthy right now.

Right now the weekend before Osh is free. I'm thinking anyone who's coming along is going to get to participate in a "wash the truck" party, where we do a thorough and proper washing and waxing.

I'll be at a Wedding in MI that weekend or I would help spit and shine it! How about this weekend?

I'll be at a Wedding in MI that weekend or I would help spit and shine it! How about this weekend?

Sunday is a possibility, we'll have to see. I'll send out messages to the troops...

Here's what we're thinkin.....

3698148341_523f9b6abc_o.jpg

Last edited:
shane that seems awfully organized for a trip to oshkosh.

Never been. Probably won't ever go.

I'm really not that organized. Just excited as a big dawg at a fire hydrant convention!

DANG! We ran off the last guy camping with us that whipped out an itenerary..... :)

jf

Bad News.

Beth saw the schedule of events yesterday for OSH and has informed me that "WE" will be attending morning aerobics every morning Monday - Friday at the theater. It's too early to fake another injury now, but you can bet on Saturday after we land I'm probably going to "trip" and be unable to attend aerobics classes each morning due to my fractured static wick and spranged oleo strut (shhhh, she'll never know what those are).

Anybody have leg warmers I can borrow for class? LOL JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need a class when I'm at Oshkosh:no:, we walk so much it IS an aerobics class plus some...just plan on walking clear to the other side of the airport from Pioneer and almost to the seaplanes every other day (like we've done before), THAT is an aerobic workout...and more fun than watching the person in front of you try to exercise.:yesnod:

Back