Nicholas is in the hospital

Damn, man. I'm a little late to join this thread, but I wanted to echo everyone else's sentiments - I'm very glad to hear that you're awake and I certainly hope you have a quick and complete recovery! Good luck!

Soldering iron?

Medieval style catapult, several short ropes, first couple shots at partial power. Last shot at full force to fix the gene pool problem.

Dang, Nick. Greebo can speak for me. Get well and I hope they eventually catch the bugger than ran you down or at he least get what he deserves.

As for everyone else, all this injury/death/near death/serious illness stuff is getting way too old this year. Two on this board this year, plus I can't remember how many others around here right now cause I ran out of fingers to count on. This is turning into a dangerous year. 2008 is turning out to be frigging possessed. BE REALLY CAREFUL AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.

Nick, that just sucks. Kudos to you for pushing your lady friend out of the way. Take care, and as previously noted, keep your hands off the nurses! :D

Now, if anybody can find that drunk, I'm sure we can find some more inventive ways to inflict appropriate punishment... :mad:

Holy *#!,;: hell is right Nick. Get well soon and I really hope they find the guy who hit you.

Take care, and as previously noted, keep your hands off the nurses! :D

Bah! Nick, if you can get your hands on one of the nurses, go for it. Nurses rule. :yes:

I tell ya what, after my big wreck, there was one nurse that I remember from the beginning when I was still on the back board who was very friendly and made me feel a little better right away. After the initial fuss, most of the medical personnel left and I was pretty much alone for a couple hours waiting for the X-ray results. They finally let me off the back board, and when that nurse saw me up and walking she gave me a smile that just lit me up inside. :) I shoulda... Well, at least tried to get in touch with her and say thanks for being the bright spot on a very bad day.

Nicholas dove at his friend and pushed her out of the way of the car and in turn took the full brunt of the car to his head.

Guess Nick will be voting Democrat now. :rofl:

Folks, I think we can help him with the only-typing-with-one-hand problem - Let's all pitch in and buy him an iPhone. :rofl: :D :D :D

Hey, let's not be too hasty. Gotta wait till the 3G model comes out next week! Besides, since the invention of the Internet, all men have learned how to type with one hand.

-Rich

/I'm here all week
/Tip your waitress

I apologize for the late reply, Nick. I'm very to sorry to hear of what happened and wish you luck and a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing you back on here posting.

As for everyone else, all this injury/death/near death/serious illness stuff is getting way too old this year. Two on this board this year, plus I can't remember how many others around here right now cause I ran out of fingers to count on. This is turning into a dangerous year. 2008 is turning out to be frigging possessed. BE REALLY CAREFUL AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.

2007 was a pretty awful year for me - two deaths, including a girl about a year younger than me who was murdered, and my engagement going to hell and ending. By June of last year I was getting worried, it had been two months since the last death. 2008 was shaping up to be better until recently. Let's try to make sure that 2008 stays better than 2007 - 2007 was a crappy year.

flyingcheesehead said:
I tell ya what, after my big wreck, there was one nurse that I remember from the beginning when I was still on the back board who was very friendly and made me feel a little better right away.

Holy :eek: Kent! I'm glad you're still here! 275,000 miles and 8 years of my driving I've never been in a wreck :)fcross:) although have come close, but my mom wrecked the Volvo with me in it 6 months after she bought it close to 10 years ago now, and have witnessed several others. A large number of accidents involving vehicles tend to be someone else's fault. Nick's was certainly not his fault, and I have had friends hit by drunk drivers (always in a car). One was parked when it happened, and he was in the car. Almost all of the accidents I've avoided would not have been my fault. As I've told people whenever they've walked away from some sort of generally horrific crash, "This is why cars are safe." Unfortunately, that doesn't do Nick any good being on foot. :(

Nick, I hope you get back on soon to let us know how you're doing!

That sucks. We need to round up a POA posse and find that driver, and dispense some justice.

I couldn't agree more. I have a strictly followed policy of payback.
And it's best if done 5 or 10 yrs later, so they don't connect it. Then
just scratch them off the list and move to the next one. ;-)

My thoughts and prayers are with Nick. This just sucks. I just
read it.

RT

Nick,

I'm sorry to have found out about this unfortunate event so late but, I want to wish you a speedy recovery.

Gil

Gosh, Nick! I just checked in this morning to find this horrible news - with at least two silver linings. First, your hero status. How many people here have saved a life? I am sure there are several, but you are now a card-carrying member of that club! Congratulations. Secondly, you are up and taking nourishment. Thank God! Be serious about this recovery stuff, if you have any physical therapy sessions treat them very seriously and do what the PT guys/gals say! We want you back 100%.

On a slightly more frivolous note, I can see the anonymous post in Medical Matters now:

"How long after being clocked by a drunk driver and breaking my jaw before I can get back in the cockpit?" I hope the answer is a very short time! Speedy recovery, Nick!

-Skip

Nick,

I'm very, very glad that you have stabilized and are now on the mend towards a full recovery! Good for you in saving your friend's life. That was incredible!

Nick:

Glad to hear you're well on the way to recovery. Get well soon.

Nick!! Get better man. You're a brave dude. We can all use friends like you. I say we put a pipe in Nick's good hand and let HIM work the bastard. Then strap Piper's chew toy to the SOB's nuts and let him get some.

Last edited:
Crap Nick! I was looking forward to seeing you ride up to the house on the way to Gastons! I hope they find the person in the desert...(wink wink).
My full auto 12 cylinder 12 guage comes to mind (yes I am legal).

Scary - turn away from the board for a day and look what happens!

Get well soon, Nick. What a lousy payback for doing the right thing! Hang in there, brother.

Andrew

Nick, get well soon! And we are proud of you for looking out for someone else!

Dave3

Holy cow I just was reminded when I saw Scott's post. One night in Chat Nick was complaining about needing Dental Work and kept putting it off. Tough way to get your insurance carrier to pay for some tooth work Nick!:hairraise:

Hope today finds you better!:yes:

Nick.. U Da Man...

Wishing you a speedy recovery !

Has anyone found out which hospital yet? Is he still in intensive care?
Get well soon, Nick.

Is anyone else in Albuquerque who can keep him and us up to date?

Best wishes Nick. And sorry I'm late.

It seems like bad things only happen to good people. :(

And Tony, forget the cookies. With a wired jaw it's ice cream - btdt.

It's great to hear that you're doing well.

Did they say how long it'll be before you can get back in the cockpit?

Nick, it's great to hear from you! I know everyone feels the same way, but I'm sure relieved to hear you're doing better! Get some rest bud, we can talk about the "bigger picture" when you've healed up some more. :yes:

Nick, instinct or not, you did the right thing.

I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend, and it's also good that you're adopting the "Live every day as if it were your last." After having a few friends of mine die in the past few years, it's become important to me to make sure that if I were to die today, I am happy with what I've done with my life, and I am. But I don't want to die today. :)

Glad that you cheated death and are still here so that I can come visit you in Albuquerque this summer!

Wow Nick, so glad to see you home and on the mend, now get up and start building!

Be well and continue the mend we'll see ya on the chat soon!

John

Just because you were drunk too, that it was some girl you barely knew and it was instint to push her out of the was makes you no less of a hero!

Being drunk, knowing you shouldn't drive & talking someone else into walking somewhere to sleep it off vs. driving (like the other guy did) is being a hero. (Even if you were hoping/likely to get some)

Shoving anyone out of the way even out of instinct is being a hero... it just means you were always a hero and was just waiting to come out. (too bad it had too)

So I seem to remember you were having to move... I bet this complicates things...

On the other side you should talk to the nurses, if the gal was brought in with you they may be able to give you her name... I know they are not suppose to... but use your charm and tell them you knew her name and number... but the bump on the head made you lose it and you just want to check in with her to make sure she's ok. ; )

Maybe if she remembers more of the experiance she will try to find you to thank you and then mayby you'll get a hit too.. ; )

Last edited:
Nick,

Very glad to see you back here. I'll second Missa's comments.... pushing someone out of the way is a heroic act, regardless of the circumstances that led up to it.

I'm sure that her name will come out - in police reports or otherwise - as I suspect that there will be a lawsuit over this (if not from you directly, from the insurance company that's fronting the money and wants to collect from the guilty party).

Interesting about the life-changing nature of close-call events ....

Anyway, glad you're back!

Nick,

Jason and I are really glad to hear you're doing okay. We'd write something longer, but we have to depart here and head to Gaston's.

Take care!

I'll be more blunt about it. Saving the life of someone with whom you are trying to get some action doesn't make you less of a hero!!!

(It gets you a raincheck, fer sure, dude!!!)

Seriously, Nick - glad you're back with us, we've missed you!

Get a copy of the police accident report. The girls info should be in that as a pedestrian victim. You have to have an address to send her that "Get Well Soon" card. :D

She'd be a fool not to look YOU up and thank you anyway. She'd be 6 feet under right now if it were not for your instinct. Which still makes you a hero for having the instinct to jump in anyway..drunk or sober.

I'll be more blunt about it. Saving the life of someone with whom you are trying to get some action doesn't make you less of a hero!!!

(It gets you a raincheck, fer sure, dude!!!)

Seriously, Nick - glad you're back with us, we've missed you!

Plus with a story like this, it's an almost guarantee you can get some action from anyone the next time at the bar.

Back