Nicholas is in the hospital

I'll be more blunt about it. Saving the life of someone with whom you are trying to get some action doesn't make you less of a hero!!!

LOL! My thoughts exactly! We've all BTDT so the fact that you did what you did is a great testament. Next time save the girl then GET OUT OF THE WAY. Just kidding, I know it was a split second deal, but glad you are back and on the mend.

Nick, I'm happy to see your one handed messages here again. Now, just think, you're a pilot, a single guy with a good (well better) outllook on things, and a hero!!!
Oooohhh the wimmen gonna love that. :blowingkisses:

Even if I take a nasty pay cut, I need to find a new path, doing something I enjoy. I don't want to die doing something I hate.

True words, true words. Good luck finding the way. I'm glad you're healing. Take care of yourself, brother.

Nick, I'm glad you're ok. Regardless, you're still a hero. A coward would just cover their face in shock and say they were sorry they couldn't help. You acted without regard for your own safety and she's alive thanks to your selfless act.

I'm sure this is an eye-opener. Take it and turn it into a positive change in your life. It's a chance you almost didn't have. I'm just glad you have it.

Whoa!! I'm way late on this news! Very sorry to hear of this. After reading all the threads it sounds like you are on the mend. No fun to have the jaw wired though.

Hankg in there!

Gary

Will one of the Moderators change the name of this thread?

Nick isn't in the hospital anymore!!! or something similar.

Thanks! -Skip

Glad to hear you are doing OK Nick.

Those kinds of things make one take stock of life huh? Find your path man....the world is such a better place when you do.

Get well soon, and if you are EVER in the Atlanta area, the beers are on me! :D

Greebo is RIGHT ON I am so proud of you First you quit smoking, then your gonna get some action then you save a life. You are a trifecta hero. YOU DA MAN

Have the PD had any luck in tracking down the SOB. Your hair has to be in that grill somewhere.

BTW I am so freaking happy your alive. Now you can come to the FLYBQ next year. LOL

Just because you were drunk too, that it was some girl you barely knew and it was instint to push her out of the was makes you no less of a hero!

Being drunk, knowing you shouldn't drive & talking someone else into walking somewhere to sleep it off vs. driving (like the other guy did) is being a hero. (Even if you were hoping/likely to get some)

Shoving anyone out of the way even out of instinct is being a hero... it just means you were always a hero and was just waiting to come out. (too bad it had too)

I'm glad I read ahead before responding to your post, Nick, and Missa captured what I wanted to say. Except that in the fight or flight conumdrum, flight is the instinct. You fought.

Which means you made at least two life-saving decisions that night. I never met you, but I know for a fact you are one of the good guys. Get well.

Nick, I'm glad you're around to read this. You're a brave and lucky man. Best wishes on your recovery.

Glad you are on the mend. Your attitude is right. Live each day to enjoy, don't put up with doing a lousy stuff and make your dream come true now. Because you never know what the future will hold.

Hey Nick I am glad to see you are ok. You know if you get a police report I bet it will have her full name and maybe other info for you. You know I heard Beer call "a liquid lunch" and I bet the Hippo killing drugs will work alot better..... ok don't do that I bet it is not good for you.

Bob

Get well soon my friend. BTW, a compound fracture is when the bone breaks into two pieces. Healing is longer that with a crack or 'green stick' fracture of a bone. Don't rush that, and do what ever physical therapy that is recommended. If you don't you could have reduced use or strength for a long time.

Nick:

Was she hot? :D

Get well soon my friend. BTW, a compound fracture is when the bone breaks into two pieces. Healing is longer that with a crack or 'green stick' fracture of a bone. Don't rush that, and do what ever physical therapy that is recommended. If you don't you could have reduced use or strength for a long time.

I thought a compound fracture meant the bone pierced the skin?

Nick,

I'm really late to this, but I am glad you're gonna be OK. Thank your dad for keeping us updated.

You're right: You don't want to die doing something you hate. Last year I gave up 40% of my salary to quit doing something I hated. It has been worth every pinched penny, even though I'm more than 3 decades closer to retirement than you are.

I am overjoyed to see posts with tones of the old Nick. You're quite a guy: smart, funny, perceptive, caring. And a gen-yoo-ine hero to boot.

Judy

Geeez! You're off the board for a few days travelling and then return to find out Nick's been hit, he's in intensive care, he's out of intensive care, and now he's home. At least I didn't have all the suspense!

Seriously Nick, best wishes for a full recovery.

I thought a compound fracture meant the bone pierced the skin?

Yes it does; that is the long-term use of the term but it has led to some confusion so I think most are moving towards the more descriptive terms:

Open = skin penetration
Closed = skin intact

and

Simple = 2 fragments
Comminuted = >2 fragments

Howdy, and best wishes to Nick - from all of us at Gastons. We are tearing up the skies; wish you were here.

Yes it does; that is the long-term use of the term but it has led to some confusion so I think most are moving towards the more descriptive terms:

Open = skin penetration
Closed = skin intact

and

Simple = 2 fragments
Comminuted = >2 fragments

Howdy, and best wishes to Nick - from all of us at Gastons. We are tearing up the skies; wish you were here.

...like *you* know anything... ;-)

Nick - just got back to the boards after a week and saw this - yikes! Glad to hear you're on the mend - get better soon, man!

Rumor has it that Nick was with this woman and saved her life.....and HIS!

:blowingkisses:

Attachments

• Rosie.jpg
    Rosie.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Rumor has it that Nick was with this woman and saved her life.....and HIS!

:blowingkisses:

This woman??
rosie-oterror.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• barbra_streisand_150.jpg
    barbra_streisand_150.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 26
Just because you were drunk too, that it was some girl you barely knew and it was instint to push her out of the was makes you no less of a hero!

Being drunk, knowing you shouldn't drive & talking someone else into walking somewhere to sleep it off vs. driving (like the other guy did) is being a hero. (Even if you were hoping/likely to get some)

Shoving anyone out of the way even out of instinct is being a hero... it just means you were always a hero and was just waiting to come out. (too bad it had too)

Agreed. In fact most anyone would have tried to save a loved one, I think it's a pretty selfless act to sacrifice yourself for a "stranger".

On the other side you should talk to the nurses, if the gal was brought in with you they may be able to give you her name... I know they are not suppose to... but use your charm and tell them you knew her name and number... but the bump on the head made you lose it and you just want to check in with her to make sure she's ok. ; )

Bah! If the women is worth anything, she'll be looking for Nick to thank him personally. If not I wouldn't bother trying to find her. Nick might best just let the hospital staff know that it's all right to give the woman Nick's contact info if she shows up and asks.

Bah! If the women is worth anything, she'll be looking for Nick to thank him personally. If not I wouldn't bother trying to find her. Nick might best just let the hospital staff know that it's all right to give the woman Nick's contact info if she shows up and asks.

+1. This is the best advice I've read on any forum in a long time.

Be well Nick for thou art a hero. Hero: [SIZE=-1]a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility

Job well done.
[/SIZE]

When I left for Gastons I had no idea Nick had been in an accident. I found out when Felix told me enroute. Hope you are feeling better Nick.

Back