New to this site, new to flying!

Scotty78

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Scott
Hello everybody. My name is Scott, and I am a new student pilot. I've got exactly 2.3 hours in my logbook and had my second lesson last Saturday. My only regret is that I waited this long to start learning! I fly out of Watertown NY, and am looking forward to sharing my progress on this forum, as well as learning from the vast amount of experience and knowledge here. (I've been lurking and reading here for the last week or so). If anyone is around this area that would be great to know too!

Welcome to the board and to flying. It's a good time had by all!

it's simple posts like yours that bring back awesome memories for a lot of people here so thanks, and welcome to PoA and the addiction.

watertown, man that's way up there, my old hockey team did some whitewater rafting there, good times!

Watertown area is great! I Drive through there a lot during the summer to get to our cottage just north of you in the 1000 islands area. Have fun and good luck!

Sam

Welcome to the club. I've been a member a little while longer than you (3.8 hrs)

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. Yes, I'm pretty far north lol. We have great white water rafting here on the Black River! I'm flying a Cessna 172.

Run, run away as fast as you can while you still have some money left!!!!

:D

Thanks Jay, and yes Eppy, I'm seeing this already. I have to spend it on something though lol

Good luck and let nothing stop you, not even money. Rob a bank if you must. Sell crack. Whatever it takes. I quit for a number of years and after I got back in and got my ticket, I was really mad at myself for the years I missed. Got over that though and am having a blast.

Hola and Welcome!

The intrepid may live more briefly but the timid don't live at all.

Welcome!

Thanks everyone! Skydog, I used to drive past Dupage Airport all the time when I was younger, I grew up in Batavia IL.

Welcome, I've flown into Dupage a couple times :)

You are doomed... Welcome!

Welcome Scott, enjoy your aviation journey, come here often and tell us how the training is going, and read as many threads topics as you can, you will be surprised how much you can pick up which will help you during your training and beyond.

Ask anything you like (well almost anything :lol:) and remember there are no stupid questions, there is a wealth of knowledge here and a whole bunch of guys who will freely give you the benefit of their experience

Good luck

Again, thanks everybody. I will post my progress, as well as any questions I may have. The wealth of knowledge and experience I've seen in a lot of the topics I've been reading here is a valuable asset to be able to draw on. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks everyone! Skydog, I used to drive past Dupage Airport all the time when I was younger, I grew up in Batavia IL.

It is a nice area. I like the western suburbs but unfortunately I will soon be commuting to downtown. :mad2:

It is a nice area. I like the western suburbs but unfortunately I will soon be commuting to downtown. :mad2:

Nooooooooooooooo! I feel for you. I still have a hard time acknowledging that DeKalb is the "far west suburbs".

Scott,

I 'm in Watertown too. You probably have Mike or Eric as your instructor. Fly as often as you can for your private pilot, because once winter hits you'll have to wait months before getting into the air again and you'll spend a lot of time relearning how to fly. None of the instructors are full time and in the winter Mike likes to go down to Florida and available student training really drops off due to that and weather.

Scott,

I 'm in Watertown too. You probably have Mike or Eric as your instructor. Fly as often as you can for your private pilot, because once winter hits you'll have to wait months before getting into the air again and you'll spend a lot of time relearning how to fly. None of the instructors are full time and in the winter Mike likes to go down to Florida and available student training really drops off due to that and weather.

Yup, Mike is my CFI! I'm flying as often as I can. It's my busy time of year too unfortunately... :rolleyes2:

You will have ups and downs, just keep chugging along and it will happen! Good luck!

Back