New Information On MH 370

To be fair and balanced, Fox News reported that planes fly better when they have fuel.

Here it is:

ru8ytesy.jpg

Well there is truth on the statement. Instead of "struggle" they should have said "fail". Keep in mind that this message is for a general audience. A boat does not sink because of empty fuel tanks or a helium airship does not fail to hold altitude because of empty fuel tanks. Translations are tricky and you have to be careful how you interpret them.

José

Did y'all see John Stewart's comments on this earlier this week? Still getting over it along with Scary Mary's comments that if there was a worm hole, it would quickly suck in the entire universe (g).

Best,

Dave

Not that is not true. I have plenty of those on my backyard. But I can only see one end of the hole. Maybe there is whole universe on the other end. But maybe not because i have sprayed Ortho on them.

José

Well there is truth on the statement. Instead of "struggle" they should have said "fail". Keep in mind that this message is for a general audience.

I suspect that even the most general audience is aware that airliners need fuel to fly.

Jose! Sure hope you can sleep well at night and not stay awake thinking of all the little universes you may have wiped out (g)

Best,

Dave

Jose! Sure hope you can sleep well at night and not stay awake thinking of all the little universes you may have wiped out (g)

Best,

Dave

You are right Dave. I am worry now about killing those alliens coming through the worm hole. I am going to be judge and sentenced to a deep black hole full of worm holes for the alliens to take revenge on me.

"But I have dream that before I end up in the deep black hole I will get to see a white hole". Fairness for everyone. Why should there be only black holes and no white holes?

Dave you started this hole issue. Let the wise men on this forum debate about the hole issue.

José

Last edited:
Glad to see CNN clarifies empty fuel tank scenario. The general audience aren't familiar with liquid fueled vehicles and doesn't understand the meaning of an empty gas tank. :D

Glad to see CNN clarifies empty fuel tank scenario. The general audience aren't familiar with liquid fueled vehicles and doesn't understand the meaning of an empty gas tank. :D

It's really amazing the stupid things that they say when they are looking for something to fill programming time. It really demonstrates that there is no need for 24hr news channels, the 2 hrs per day, .5 morning, 1 evening, .5 night, we had in the days before CNN and Gulf War I was quite sufficient. How much do you think that the advertising costs associated with having hundreds of channels on 24/7 raises the Consumer Price Index and cost of living in the US? These news channels are the worst too because they prey on and drive fear to keep people watching, all to make money which is apportioned from our cost of living whether we watch or not, but the more we watch, the more expensive all our consumer goods and services become.

Wouldn't be nice if some of these networks would crash when their tanks were empty (g). But they just keep on, keeping on. From what I read, CNNs ratings went up during that event. Must have been a slow time at the airports where most of their views are (g).

Best,

Dave

It's really amazing the stupid things that they say when they are looking for something to fill programming time. It really demonstrates that there is no need for 24hr news channels, the 2 hrs per day, .5 morning, 1 evening, .5 night, we had in the days before CNN and Gulf War I was quite sufficient. How much do you think that the advertising costs associated with having hundreds of channels on 24/7 raises the Consumer Price Index and cost of living in the US? These news channels are the worst too because they prey on and drive fear to keep people watching, all to make money which is apportioned from our cost of living whether we watch or not, but the more we watch, the more expensive all our consumer goods and services become.

What would Mary Schiavo do without CNN??

Yes, if the intent of the ad was truly to deceive they would have at least photoshoped out the extra two engines. :rolleyes:

Old Malaysian Ad campaign:
Bi1qJ-gIIAA7MFp.jpg

But the Malaysia Airlines has proven to be true to the ad. At least everyone was warned before buying the ticket. No, they are not at fault, passengers were warned. This is going to be Perry Mason Malaysia's defense laywer point in court.

I just hope they show this case on TV like they did with the one in Italy and South Africa. After all only one was killed on each, here they claim over 200 killed. Folks, this not over yet. Keep tuned for more to come.

José

Last edited:
Latest news from Malaysias government:

From the last search area, they just found suspected underwear traceable to the Captain. They are going to confirm it by a comparison to his home toilet residues. These Malaysians are really good.

José

Latest news from Malaysias government:

From the last search area, they just found suspected underwear traceable to the Captain. They are going to confirm it by a comparison to his home toilet residues. These Malaysians are really good.

José

You've already made it quite evident that you're an idiot, do you have to convince us now that you're an a**hole too? :nono:

A friend asked me about the CNN no fuel and can't stay at altitude deal. I asked him do you expect to stay 75 MPH on the freeway if you run out of fuel? He then asked if it was the same on planes? What a idiot. Maybe this is what CNN was banking on.

Last edited:
A friend asked me about the CNN no fuel and can't stay at altitude deal. I asked him do you expect to stay 75 MPH on the freeway if you run out of fuel? He then asked if it was the same on planes? What a idiot. Maybe this is what CNN was banking on.
I thought planes ran on pixie dust? Do you mean to tell us that if the plane runs out of fuel, it will drop? Not magically stay in the air?:goofy:

I thought planes ran on pixie dust? Do you mean to tell us that if the plane runs out of fuel, it will drop? Not magically stay in the air?:goofy:

According to many witnesses in the general public planes make a big noise then fly nose down and crash.

...Do you mean to tell us that if the plane runs out of fuel, it will drop? Not magically stay in the air?:goofy:

Honestly I think we should just let this misconception ride, maybe even promote it, because as far as I can recollect the previous misconception was that when an airplane ran out of fuel it would literally drop out of the sky like a wall safe full of gold ingots. :rolleyes:

I didn't see the clarification, but I did see part of the original bit on their website. I clicked off right after the sim instructor throttled the right engine to simulate what might happen as the plane starts to run out of fuel, ie, both engines don't quit at the same time. That's where the "plane struggles" comment got it's birth I think. But, boy, have the gottcha gang jumped on it like the back row wise-guys in biology class!

dtuuri

The caption reads "Boeing 777 will struggle to maintain altitude once the fuel tanks are empty." What they are referring to is the fact that the autopilot will attempt to maintain altitude all the way into a stall even though the engines can't maintain airspeed. Or are all of you just smugly satisfied in your superiority over those idiots in the media? The pubic probably is not aware of that fact.

The caption reads "Boeing 777 will struggle to maintain altitude once the fuel tanks are empty." What they are referring to is the fact that the autopilot will attempt to maintain altitude all the way into a stall even though the engines can't maintain airspeed. Or are all of you just smugly satisfied in your superiority over those idiots in the media? The pubic probably is not aware of that fact.

You in media?

I can think of quite a number of ways to rephrase the caption to express what you said and still fit it on the banner. So, yes, we're still smugly satisfied.

Seriously? Are you actually trying to justify/defend that headline?

The average joe maybe dumb... But he isn't THAT dumb.

Even if we go with your justification, it was a terrible headline to summarize what they were talking about.

Oh come on, how often can I call someone an a**hole with impunity?

From the Urban Dictionary

Feeding the trolls

When you reply to a troll or group of trolls on the internet, usually angrily and while showing signs of being offended.

When you do this, you give the trolls the attention that they crave. You're responding in the way that the troll wants you to respond. You get upset over something that someone posted on the internet.

There are many trolls on this site. Please don't feed the trolls. Send their "definitions" to Quality Control and then ignore them.
J.B. is a poster who kept feeding the trolls over minor issues. Now the trolls run rampant with his username because J.B. kept giving them the attention they wanted.

Sorry if I offended you Silvaire. Calm down and just ignore my posts.

José

Back