[NA] Am I a Racist? [NA]

pc-cartoon.jpg

Uh, the cartoon is 'white'. Fail.

If you have to ask the question, you are a racist.
If you are not an "ethnic", you are a racist.
If you disagree with anyone of any color on any topic, you are a racist.
If you are a Republican, you are a racist.
If you quote facts at any time, you are a racist.
If you served in the military, with the police or fire department, you are a racist.
If you are gainfully employed, you are a racist.

I can do this for hours. I have been collecting "you are a racist" definitions from the radical left for a couple of years.
Which makes me a racist.

Maybe you made the mistake because you Smell Like Whiskey.

No. Smells like whiskey is the security guard. She actually looks more like Dances in the moonlight than Runs with scissors.
Don't tell her I said that though.Her husband, No Sense of Humor is a big dude.

It's a scientific fact that people have a harder time differentiating people of races other than their own.

It's a scientific fact that people have a harder time differentiating people of races other than their own.
Not me, but perhaps it's because I've spent my life surrounded by races other than my own.

I worked with a person that spent a couple years working in Kenya. He asked me, "Do you know what it is like being the only white person in the room?"

Yes I do. That happens in my house every day. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah though I'm used to it being one on one but now it's three on one. :(

I have trouble differentiating the quality of cleaning and pressing of my shirts. Was that racist?

Actually, sounds like you just screwed up, welcome to the club, doesn't sound racist to me.

Sorry I meant to post this right after my other post, but got distracted.

You are assuming they aren't white and that I am...
Just because I fly a Cirrus means I must be white huh???

WOW! Just WOW!

You need to change your screen name to Whitey Black.

Keep them guessing.

Yes, that was the name of the Veterinarian in Steel Magnolias. I am not racist, I quote 80's movies.

I wonder if there's a guy named Ray Cist.

Paging Mr. Cist. Is there a Ray Cist in the house?

I don't care. If somebody's stupid, a bum, clueless, a Bozo, brain dead, whatever, I can tell them that no matter what they look like if I want to do that. I believe that as a curmudgeon, I've earned that right. If somebody thinks I'm a racist because of that, I really don't give a $hiz because I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon, not a racist.

I exercise the curmudgeon privilege rarely, but don't worry if I do and might offend some poor soul who can't stand the truth.

People need to get a grip.

Cheers

Last edited:
Members of my own family have accidentally called me by the wrong name before. It happens, it's not a big deal.

Did you have any intent to discriminate based on race? If no then it only matters if someone wants to make a stink about it. Then if "sorry" doesn't cut it then... well... you've really done all that can be expected.

Members of my own family have accidentally called me by the wrong name before. It happens, it's not a big deal.

That's nothing, members of my family have accidentally called me by our dog's name.

That's nothing, members of my family have accidentally called me by our dog's name.

When Mother would say any of our names she'd call us every name in the family before she got to our name.

whenever I hit the mute button
We had someone on a conference call once think he was muted... but was not. That was rich. Didn't say anything racist, but definitely called someone out who was asking an admittedly dumb question during a fairly high level call. The question was so dumb I don't think anyone really cared when Nick blurted out "are you serious right now??"

lick the sweat off an MMA fighter's stomach for $1,000 or going one round with him for $10,000
Do you pay your own medical bills, or is that covered?

If you
Hurt someone's "feelings"
Say something that someone disagrees with
Make someone think outside of their comfort zone
You're a "racist" or "biggot"
You forgot "(fill in the blank)-phobe"

When Mother would say any of our names she'd call us every name in the family before she got to our name.
My Mom used to say, "If I'm looking at you, I'm talking to you, no matter what name I use!"

My wife used to get this all the time. She was one of two black female physicians on the medical staff of the hospital.

I accidentally called someone who is ethnically different than me by a name that belonged to someone else that is also ethnically different than me but shares the same ethnicity with the person whom I called by the wrong name.

And I feel terrible.

I tried to save it awkwardly and it only got worse.

Names changed to remove any indication of who or what ethnic background was involved.

Me: "Runs with Scissors"
Dances in the moonlight: "I'm not Runs with Scissors"
Me: "Duh. I know that, you didn't let me finish. I was starting to say Runs with Scissors won't be in the office today"

Dances in the moonlight: "Um she is here today I just saw her and why would you be telling me that she wasn't going to be here if she wasn't here? We don't work together"

Me: "Oh she's here? I must have gotten her confused with someone else maybe I was thinking of Smells Like Whiskey"

Dances in the moonlight: Oh you got some people confused but it wasn't them two.

[Walks away mumbling] Imagine that... Thinks I look like Runs with scissors just because we're both...

And then I didn't hear the end part completely.
I think you did it again. "Dances in the moonlight"'s actual name is apparently "walks away mumbling".

I'm still the youngest of 6 boys. Early on Mom would say all 6 names when flabbergasted with me. Eventually, since I was usually the one in trouble, she started from the youngest and saved her breath :)

I'm still the youngest of 6 boys. Early on Mom would say all 6 names when flabbergasted with me. Eventually, since I was usually the one in trouble, she started from the youngest and saved her breath :)

I'm with you Rob. For the longest time I thought my name was "fredmarkerikcraig" I'm one of four boys.

I'm with you Rob. For the longest time I thought my name was "fredmarkerikcraig" I'm one of four boys.

Me too. Ricktomfrankjohn was a universal name for the four boys in the house.

Cheers

ditto on being called by all of my brother's names. Now that mom is older and maybe losing it a little (probably the result of raising four boys and a husband), she doesn't even get to my name but, I know "the look"

Be glad you were able to remember someone's name. I'm afflicted with nominal aphasia so I can be introduced to someone or be talking to someone I've know for years and when I go to use their names I draw a complete blank. Often my wife asks me what I'm doing when I 'm very quiet and I tell her I'm going through the alphabet to see if it sparks a memory of a persons name. I hate it and all the tricks don't work for me.

Welcome to the club. I also have anomic aphasia that manifests with people's names. That's not as common as the typical noun based anomic aphasia, though. However, as I'm getting older, it's progressing slightly into more noticeable noun recall issues. I can say a person's name twice in as many sentences, but completely forget it by the time the 2nd sentence comes around. I'll mix up names of people standing next to each other. I'll do the talking around for a bit to give my brain time to recall the name. Or I'll come up with generic greetings ("Hey guy!") or descriptions that don't offend in today's environment. ("Tall dude," "Office mate," "Systems guy" "This guy" while pointing, etc.) I've had it as long as I can remember, at least as far back as Jr. High. I'll warn women I'm dating that I will forget their name, that it's a thing, and they still don't like it.

I have even forgotten my own name on many occasions. There was one incident my co-workers won't let me forget where we were all working late and drove off-site to get dinner. My co-workers were talking about the day's work and one said "Carlos did XXX to the robot." That caused me to think "I remember that being done to the robot..." but then I said out loud "Who's Carlos?". Everybody turned at stared at me incredulously and I realized what happened. "Oh, that's me."

It's f*#@ing frustrating. And there's no treatment for it.

--Carlos V.

Does this affect flying in any way?

Minor mix-ups on the radio. Facility names, aircraft models (but not their call signs), but not fixes. I generally have a really good memory otherwise. I can remember all my credit card numbers, every one of my vehicle license plates, my CA and TX DL #s, even though I haven't held a TX DL in over 2 decades.

--Carlos V.

Back