My wife called and nagged me because...

Swampfox201

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Todd W.
I returned her car with only 5 gallons of gas left in the tank. She called and yelled at me saying "you know how close I came to running out of fuel!!"

How should I take this? Should I take it as constructive criticism or should I tell her to F off?

Tell your wife to F off. It'll go really well and she will learn from the experience.

I returned her car with only 5 gallons of gas left in the tank. She called and yelled at me saying "you know how close I came to running out of fuel!!"

How should I take this? Should I take it as constructive criticism or should I tell her to F off?

Do what any red blooded American male would do.

Tell her you are sorry, and it will never happen again.

I'm just glad you guys are not sharing an airplane and she took off with 5 gallons of fuel. Then she would really have something to be mad at.

But then again, she should've pre-flight checked to make sure there was fuel in the tanks.....Similar to a car.

But very rare these days do people take responsibility for there own actions!!

The world we live in I tell ya.. :wink2:

You should return it with 2 gallons next time. That'll show her :rofl::lol:

You should return it with 2 gallons next time. That'll show her :rofl::lol:

You are generous..... I would have just left her 1 gallon... So when it ran out, she would have walk to the gas station with a gas jug... Hoping that activity would remove 40 lbs from her ass...:rolleyes:....:D

clint-eastwood.jpg

Careful posting about nonsensical stuff.
People are going to think you are a dick.

That was totally a joke. I swear. I'm sure she was just stressed. Y'all should talk it out calmly.

Eat coleslaw. Lots and lots of coleslaw...

5 gallons? At 20mpg that's 100 miles... At 15mpg that's.. 75 miles... That should get her cross town and back.. At least in this town of 1M gas stations.

I must be whipped. I would never leave my wife with less than a quarter tank. If for some reason I had to, I would let her know.

Jim

5 gallons? At 20mpg that's 100 miles... At 15mpg that's.. 75 miles... That should get her cross town and back.. At least in this town of 1M gas stations.

Yabbut...too little gas and you wear out the fuel pump!

About twenty-five years ago, my ex-wife ran my truck out of gas, because she couldn't believe that I would let her drive it without making sure it had enough gas in it. The gas gauge was working (and still is). :rolleyes:

Get her a bottle of this stuff.

Never heard that one!

In-tank fuel pumps use the surrounding fuel to dissapate heat. Run around on less than half tank and the pump runs with no cooling. Early pump failure is the result. A very common failure mode.
Nine times out of ten, when I use the wife's Durango, it's on empty...:nono:

Was she driving VFR or IFR depending on the actual mileage if the later she may have been pushing her reserve.

Tell her, "that's one"

Bride and groom are heading from the wedding in the horse and buggy. Horse stumbles. Groom say's "that's one." Little later the groom pulls on the reins and say's Whoa. Horse doesn't stop. Groom says, "thats two." After a stop they jump in the buggy, groom says GiddyUp. Horse doesn't move. Groom says, "that's three" jumps off the buggy, pulls his gun and shoot's the horse. Bride says, "I don't think you should have done that and you better not do it again." Groom says, "thats one."

That's why we have his and her's vehicles...:yes: But, in your situation "Sorry Dear" is the best response...:yes::yes:

Last edited:
BTW in most cars that much gas is at least 1/4 to 1/3 tank.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back