Men make me CRAZY!!!

The behaviourists call it empathetic listening. That means they look at each other while they're talking. Why the hell would you need to do that? Just listening is bad enough.

Adam: I'm not a big TV commercial fan, but the one of the two guys tailgating at the FB game (insurance commercial) and the first guys says something about them insuring him. His buddy says, your car, right. He say no, my boat.
Buddy says: YOU HAVE A BOAT!
First guy says: yea, my wife really enjoys it.
Buddy says: YOU'RE MARRIED!!!

I used to watch football with friends; we talked about the game!
Wives didn't chat much but knew more about one another than we did just from exchanging facial expressions.

Best,

Dave

I listen at work all week; need to tune out at night and on the weekend!

BTW: WSJ posted something I had someone point out to me years ago. Almost unAmerican to discuss, but here goes: There's only about 11 minutes of actual playing time in a football game---there, I said it! Geesh.

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html

Best,

Dave

My wife thinks that being in a car=cellphone time. As in ,"hmmmm, who can I call?"

Thank heaven she can't be on the cell in the aircraft. That'll undo our marraige.

Sort of translates into driving. When I drive long trip I get into what I call a road zone. The Road Car and I become one. I'm totally aware of what happens traffic wise but am silent for the most part. My wife will invaribly say " why aren't you talking to me" Well I'm not NOT talking to her I'm just in my zone. But if she wants to talk why dosen't SHE start the conversation? Why is it ME thats not talking? I never understand that. I have driven on long trips with my buddys and we may start out talking but invaribly we will go silent. Its just what it is. When I get home here is the conversation:

Me: Hi Hon.
Tam: Hi how was the trip?
Me: Great.
Tam: So you had a good time?
Me: Yea it was great.
Tam: What did you talk about.
Me: Nothing.
Tam: NOTHING?
Me: Yeah Nothing.
Tam: Were you angry at eachother?
Me: No of course not why?
Tam: Well you didn't talk for 2+ hours.
Me: Yeah so?
Tam: I don't undersand how you can drive for over two hours and not have anything to say to eachother.
Me: By not saying anything.
Tam: And you had a good time?
Me: We had an awesome time.
Tam: Thats just bazare.

I suppose its just different wiring. My wife thinks its strange that I can go for a good time in a car with someone not utter a word and say nothing but I find it strange that she can talk on the phone for almost an hour and also say nothing.

If it makes you feel any better, I get the same thing from my wife. 5 1/2 hour drive across the state, I'm in my zone and "Why don't you talk to me?" No doubt about it, we are wired differently. At least when we fly across the state she is content to look out the window, enjoy the view and keep her finger on the sectional where she thinks we are (and nails it quite well).

must be a guy thing - I do the same thing. Multiple hours in the car without me saying a thing is normal. If my wife asks "What are you thinking about?", of course the answer is "nothing" and it really is 'nothing'. If pressed further, I suppose I could truthfully answer:
"In the last 30 seconds, I've thought about...
"Why does that moron insist on sitting in my blind spot?"
"Where did that other guy go now?"
"Betcha that guy on the onramp will barge over 3 lanes without looking"
"Yep, he did."
"That truck is going to try to go around the truck ahead on this hill. He doesn't have more than 5 mph overtake speed. Gonna be a long slow hill climb."
"Ha! Lookie there at that odometer pattern - 56789!"
"That means oil change is due in 254 miles"
"Wow! Nice buck antelope! Wonder how I find out who owns this land?"
- flashback to last year's antelope hunt and smile...
"I could imagine covering that prairie on horseback in the 1800s"
"If we were flying, we would be there by now."
- pulls back on the wheel just a little ... yeah, car still won't climb
- mentally flys the pattern at the nearest airport

so, yeah, easier to just say "Not thinking about a thing"

must be a guy thing - I do the same thing. Multiple hours in the car without me saying a thing is normal.
Multiple hours in the car without me saying a thing is normal too... of course most of the time I'm in the car alone. :D

I get accused of being too quiet more than I get accused of being a chatterbox. In fact when I was younger many people mistakenly assumed I was shy. I'm really just more of an observer... or I'm just zoning out.

and so?

BTW: WSJ posted something I had someone point out to me years ago. Almost unAmerican to discuss, but here goes: There's only about 11 minutes of actual playing time in a football game---there, I said it! Geesh.

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

Best,

Dave

My wife thinks that being in a car=cellphone time. As in ,"hmmmm, who can I call?"

Thank heaven she can't be on the cell in the aircraft. That'll undo our marraige.

And did you ever notice that in a car you can hear both sides of the cell phone conversation. not sure why that is but man its annoying.

Reminds me of the story of King Arthur and the Witch!

Best,

Dave
===============================================

King Arthur and the Witch:

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by
the monarch of a neighboring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him but was moved by Arthur's youth and ideals. So, the monarch offered him his freedom, as long as he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have a year to figure out the answer and, if after a year, he still had no answer, he would be put to death.

The question?... What do women really want? Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man, and to young Arthur, it seemed an impossible query. But, since it was better than death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everyone: the princess, the priests, the wise men and even the court jester. He spoke with everyone, but no one could give him a satisfactory answer.

Many people advised him to consult the old witch, for only she would have the answer.

But the price would be high; as the witch was famous throughout the kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged.

The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no choice but to talk to the witch She agreed to answer the question, but he would have to agree to her price first.

The old witch wanted to marry Sir Lancelot, the most noble of the Knights of the Round Table and Arthur's closest friend!

Young Arthur was horrified. She was hunchbacked and hideous, had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises, etc He had never encountered such a repugnant creature in all his life.

He refused to force his friend to marry her and endure such a terrible burden; but Lancelot, learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur.

He said nothing was too big of a sacrifice compared
Arthur's life and the preservation of the Round Table.

Hence, a wedding was proclaimed and the witch answered Arthur's question thus:

What a woman really wants, she answered.... is to be in charge of her own life.

Everyone in the kingdom instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth and that Arthur's life would be spared.

And so it was, the neighboring monarch granted Arthur his freedom and Lancelot and the witch had a wonderful wedding.

The honeymoon hour approached and Lancelot, steeling himself for a horrific experience, entered the bedroom. But, what a sight awaited him. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen lay before him on the bed. The astounded Lancelot asked what had happened

The beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when she appeared as a witch, she would henceforth, be her horrible deformed self only half the time and the beautiful maiden the other half.

Which would he prefer? Beautiful during the day....or night?

Lancelot pondered the predicament. During the day, a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his castle, an old witch? Or, would he prefer having a hideous witch during the day, but by night, a beautiful woman for him to enjoy wondrous intimate moments?

What would YOU do?

What Lancelot chose is below. BUT.....make YOUR choice before you scroll down below. OKAY?
Noble Lancelot said that he would allow HER to make the choice herself.

Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life.

Now....what is the moral to this story?

The moral is....

If you don't let a woman have her own way...
Things are going to get ugly

$5,000.00 drapes.

This is an absolute true story. After I got to not be married anymore, I had a watering hole that was the bar in a steakhouse. Popular place with the PSA pilot crowd. Anyway, one night after work I pulled up at the bar and sat down. There was a large party at the table behind me, all wimins, about ten or twelve of them. I swear, they were all talking at the same time, the noise was incredible. The bartender slid me my beer and I took a sip. We tried to talk, but were drowned out by the chatter behind me.

This is the incredible part. In a normal tone of voice I said to him, "there you have it, the big difference between men and women. Woman can talk and listen at the same time, men can not do that." (This was something I had recently read somewhere.)

That table went absolutely quite as soon as I said it. I could feel ten or twelve "The Looks" boring into my back, I was afraid to turn around and see for sure. I didn't need to, the bartender was cracking up. Every one of them heard exactly what I had said, even though they were all chattering at the same time. Incredible but true.

John

Ok, I'm a little slow, so let me make sure I got this right:

You discussed it and he said "renew"

You assumed that he really wanted "don't renew" but didn't say so.

Now he is in hot water because he actually meant what he said?

:rofl:

Right, and this type of thing is why I know God is a woman.

Reminds me of the story of King Arthur and the Witch!

Best,

Dave
===============================================

King Arthur and the Witch:

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by the monarch of a neighboring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him but was moved by Arthur's youth and ideals. So, the monarch offered him his freedom, as long as he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have a year to figure out the answer and, if after a year, he still had no answer, he would be put to death.

The question?... What do women really want? Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man, and to young Arthur, it seemed an impossible query. But, since it was better than death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everyone: the princess, the priests, the wise men and even the court jester. He spoke with everyone, but no one could give him a satisfactory answer.

Many people advised him to consult the old witch, for only she would have the answer.

But the price would be high; as the witch was famous throughout the kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged.

The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no choice but to talk to the witch She agreed to answer the question, but he would have to agree to her price first.

The old witch wanted to marry Sir Lancelot, the most noble of the Knights of the Round Table and Arthur's closest friend!

Young Arthur was horrified. She was hunchbacked and hideous, had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises, etc He had never encountered such a repugnant creature in all his life.

He refused to force his friend to marry her and endure such a terrible burden; but Lancelot, learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur.

He said nothing was too big of a sacrifice comparedArthur's life and the preservation of the Round Table.

Hence, a wedding was proclaimed and the witch answered Arthur's question thus:

What a woman really wants, she answered.... is to be in charge of her own life.

Everyone in the kingdom instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth and that Arthur's life would be spared.

And so it was, the neighboring monarch granted Arthur his freedom and Lancelot and the witch had a wonderful wedding.

The honeymoon hour approached and Lancelot, steeling himself for a horrific experience, entered the bedroom. But, what a sight awaited him. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen lay before him on the bed. The astounded Lancelot asked what had happened

The beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when she appeared as a witch, she would henceforth, be her horrible deformed self only half the time and the beautiful maiden the other half.

Which would he prefer? Beautiful during the day....or night?

Lancelot pondered the predicament. During the day, a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his castle, an old witch? Or, would he prefer having a hideous witch during the day, but by night, a beautiful woman for him to enjoy wondrous intimate moments?

What would YOU do?

What Lancelot chose is below. BUT.....make YOUR choice before you scroll down below. OKAY?

Noble Lancelot said that he would allow HER to make the choice herself.

Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life.

Now....what is the moral to this story?

The moral is....
If you don't let a woman have her own way...
Things are going to get ugly

And there's my point. Men want it both ways.......when woman makes one choice or the other, not both, man cries foul! :wink2: :D

And there's my point. Men want it both ways.......when woman makes one choice or the other, not both, man cries foul! :wink2: :D
That is because women make one choice, then the other, often times many more talking about it the whole bleeping time. Yeah I know women reserve the right to change their minds, well we don't say this out loud often, but men reserve the right to change their women.:)

i usually do my best to give leah no more than 2 choices at one time. that helps, sometimes.

Best,

Dave

????? Hell, I'm surprised it's even that much. Watch Aussie AFL "footie" sometime if you can find it....

Back