Men make me CRAZY!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Read the book!!!

41dKkuB3zNL._SS500_.jpg
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually I have no problem understanding men as I have spent my whole adult life around them. Maybe this is why I don't want to be married to one. :idea:

It's not a bad thing......I do love flying the Trinidad. Just a change of plans for 2010 as well as looking silly with the owner.
If your husband is anything like most men, "looking silly" to the owner isn't likely a big concern.

And you might as well assume that he renewed the lease because he wanted you to be happy and by doing it himself it felt more like a "gift" to you in his mind.

True. I did gather some interesting insight into the husband's perception of me as a pilot.....things he'd never said before..... :)

Given the smiley I guess those were positive things, eh?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually I have no problem understanding men as I have spent my whole adult life around them. Maybe this is why I don't want to be married to one. :idea:

FWIW, I don't, either. ;)

I've never understood why women would want to be married to men (or even tolerate us most of the time). Fortunately for most men (and the human species), I'm not the one making those sorts of decisions.

If your husband is anything like most men, "looking silly" to the owner isn't likely a big concern.

And you might as well assume that he renewed the lease because he wanted you to be happy and by doing it himself it felt more like a "gift" to you in his mind.

Nope, no gift here. The lease is in my name, and it's my money going out the door. :eek:

Oh, and did I mention that I'm the "vacation lady".....as in I research, arrange, reserve, etc. AND pay for all vacations. That's why it's called Kaye's Komfort Air and Travel Services. :D

Kaye, the issue I see is that you (and many women) probably talked about it several times- maybe I will, maybe I won't, maybe I will . . . - looking for a consensus and taking a non committal grunt (which only means, 'ya, ya, ya, i heard you) as consensus..
I like most men, have a brain receiver that only exceeds the squelch threshhold when the phrase, "I'm gonna . . . " is detected..
Had you looked him in the eye and said, "I am canceling the lease this weekend" he would have become aware...
However, his throwing a hissy fit after the fact, is bad form and he should be given several major demerits..

denny-o

Women may think that men make them crazy, but trust me, you were like that when we got there.
-harry

The difference between men and women explained in vitamins.

True story.

Who ever takes his/her vitamins first at my house lays vitamins out for the spouse.

I lay out for Chris what I know she wants to take.

She lays out for me what SHE wants me to take, not what I want to take. There are two that I obviously don't need to be taking............................

:rolleyes:

Women may think that men make them crazy, but trust me, you were like that when we got there.
-harry

I just tried this quote out on Beth. Didn't work out so well....

If someone lives near Phoenixville, could you stop by and help me get off the floor. I've fallen and I can't get up, or get my leg out of my behind either (don't need help there though, I'll just cough) ....

Last time I was at the doctor's I got the old prostrate exam. I asked her to confirm for my wife that my head definitely wasn't in there.

If someone lives near Phoenixville, could you stop by and help me get off the floor. I've fallen and I can't get up, or get my leg out of my behind either (don't need help there though, I'll just cough) ....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

-harry
Harry, there's something rather likable and adorable about you. :D

That's so funny! :D :D :D

Thank G-d we are debating something other than Far Right Conservatives and Far Left Libearals!!!:D

I can't help but think back about how my ex-husband used to dislike that I flew, and was basically a jerk about it.
I can understand how he became your ex-husband. :frown2:

I had a BF back when I started taking flying lessons who thought it was a stupid waste of time and money when I should be paying more attention to school. He quickly became my ex-BF.

Nope, no gift here. The lease is in my name, and it's my money going out the door. :eek:

Do you file separate income taxes (don't answer if that's too personal)? If not the "his money/my money" doesn't mean much IMO. Through most of my career I made considerably more per year than my wife but it all flows into the same pot. But I think you missed my point which was that the "gift" was making the decision not the funding source. We guys tend to agonize over big choices and typically feel we've done a "large" when we lift the burden of a major decision from our partner. Yet for some reason the SO tends to look at this at exerting excess "control" (you just can't win).

Edit: I reread your OP and discovered to my chagrin that it was actually YOU that renewed the lease and hubby's main contribution was the hissy fit. You can now ignore anything I posted WRT the "gift" (although he might still feel he did you a favor even though most sane folk wouldn't likely see it that way).

Oh, and did I mention that I'm the "vacation lady".....as in I research, arrange, reserve, etc. AND pay for all vacations. That's why it's called Kaye's Komfort Air and Travel Services. :D
As you obviously have learned, the reward for good work is more work.

Last edited:

Wow, where do I sign up? I'm there! :yesnod:

I had a BF back when I started taking flying lessons who thought it was a stupid waste of time and money when I should be paying more attention to school. He quickly became my ex-BF.

That was pretty much the attitude that my fiancee had when I started flying. See other post for what happened to her. And now I have an Aztec. :D

Do you file separate income taxes (don't answer if that's too personal)? If not the "his money/my money" doesn't mean much IMO.

We married "late in life" so it just came natural to keep our own finances. Our first tax return we did have the accountant determine which cost us the least....separate or joint....joint it was.

But I think you missed my point which was that the "gift" was making the decision not the funding source. We guys tend to agonize over big choices and typically feel we've done a "large" when we lift the burden of a major decision from our partner. Yet for some reason the SO tends to look at this at exerting excess "control" (you just can't win).

Yes, I missed your point. During the discussions, he did encourage me to renew the lease. I just assumed he didn't want me to blame him if I didn't like my decision. :redface:

I wasn't giving up flying, just maybe doing something different....and a little less expensive. But I knew I'd miss the Trinnie.

Are you engaged yet (to the Aztec)?

I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment yet. We're not even living together, but I go for regular visits and we travel together a lot. I'll give it another few years and see. Don't want to rush these things, y'know.

After very careful consideration, I am so getting a dog.

Mary's paycheck goes to her checking account; my retirement check goes to my checking account. The money in her account is hers; the money in my account is hers.

Yes, Dear...:thumbsup::p

Well then maybe our Socatas can meet after all at Wings! :D

Great idea! As long as you men don't make us crazy! :D Who gets to be the judges?

Well, the real question here is whether or not it is a short trip to being crazy. Some have suggested that it is a particularly short trip. Perhaps the distance is of no consequence in many circumstances.

On another note, is it "men" or a particular "man" who "makes" you crazy? (I use quotes because you are responsible for your own sanity) The described circumstances and the nomenclature are at odds to say the least. On a broader note, I refuse to accept responsibility for the lack of character and judgment of my fellow man. If (and when) some other guy decides to say or do something totally stupid then it's his problem and I'm not going to help a bit. In fact, I may describe such stupidity in infinite detail. Sorry dude.

I can understand how he became your ex-husband. :frown2:

Wow, what a coinsidence... me too. :blowingkisses:

Yes, I missed your point. During the discussions, he did encourage me to renew the lease. I just assumed he didn't want me to blame him if I didn't like my decision. :redface:

Ok, I'm a little slow, so let me make sure I got this right:

You discussed it and he said "renew"

You assumed that he really wanted "don't renew" but didn't say so.

Now he is in hot water because he actually meant what he said?

:rofl:

978-1-4143-1302-3.jpg

Trapper John
Reminds me of a saying my SO and I have. 'Your hair looks really nice....from behind'

It comes from an actual event that we were at. A lady tapped my SO on the shoulder and told her that exact quote. We laughed when we both said to each other at the same time, 'but it looks like crap from the front'

Back