Men make me CRAZY!!!

But that seems to happen to a lot of men on this board too. Someone asks a question but subsequently isn't pleased with the answers. :lightning: :D

Hmmm...traffic pattern entries, ATTITAPA, stabilized approaches...Yeah, I think you pretty much summed it up! :D

Trapper John

Ok, I'm a little slow, so let me make sure I got this right:

You discussed it and he said "renew"

You assumed that he really wanted "don't renew" but didn't say so.

Now he is in hot water because he actually meant what he said?

:rofl:

and your point is????:dunno::fingerwag::fingerwag:

Marriage is some twisted behavioral scientist's experiment to see how quickly two seemingly normal people can drive each other absolutely nuts! :D :D :D

I can understand how he became your ex-husband. :frown2:

I had a BF back when I started taking flying lessons who thought it was a stupid waste of time and money when I should be paying more attention to school. He quickly became my ex-BF.

I wish I could find a GF who was as interested in aviation as I was. We could be broke together!!!

NO complaints here after 24 years together, 17 married.

Luck of the draw, I 'spose.

I wish I could find a GF who was as interested in aviation as I was. We could be broke together!!!
Two pilots in a relationship can add up to some interesting moments too, especially if they happen to fly together. :eek:

That in my own personal experience, I have found women on average to be fraught with far more issues than men, not the least of which is having monthly hormonal surges. Thus if you think its bad living with a guy, try living intimately with another woman.

That's not to say there aren't women free of issues (I know a few, they're boring) or that there aren't men with issues (I know a few of them, they're iceholes), but on the average.

this comment is a perfect example about why men are clueless...they deny the fact they have issues even though its obvious to us women they indeed do...:yesnod::mad2::rofl:

You really think the average dude is sufficiently perceptive to have issues? Have you ever seen that brain activity documentary? When women are just sitting, both sides of their brains are very active, many lights flashing. A guy in the same situation has about two bulbs flickering dimly. One for heartbeat and one to breathe. It's probably better that way.

this comment is a perfect example about why men are clueless...they deny the fact they have issues even though its obvious to us women they indeed do...:yesnod::mad2::rofl:

A guy in the same situation has about two bulbs flickering dimly. One for heartbeat and one to breathe. It's probably better that way.

I guess no bulbs flickering is required for the guy's thoughts about sex, eh?
:smile:

You really think the average dude is sufficiently perceptive to have issues? Have you ever seen that brain activity documentary? When women are just sitting, both sides of their brains are very active, many lights flashing. A guy in the same situation has about two bulbs flickering dimly. One for heartbeat and one to breathe. It's probably better that way.

Which is WHY they are clueless! Thank you Wayne for helping me prove my point...lol :dunno: As you say, its probably better that way...:D:D

Eh what? As long as I've got a cold beer in front of me there are no issues. Womenz folk generally don't have a grasp of the cold beer concept so they spin in circles for no apparent reason. Confusing I tells ya, very confusing.

The heartbeat light is secretly wired to the throbber, so you get a two-fer.

I guess no bulbs flickering is required for the guy's thoughts about sex, eh?
:smile:

I just looked in my old email stash of funnies for one that has two control boxes. One labeled men and the other women. The men one has one button in the middle - the one for women is the same size panel but has lots of different buttons all different colors - looks like it came from a very old Star Trek show.
We just work differently - our brains are just busier. Complicated, yeah that's it.
We can't help it.... Trying to understand is futile. Trying to love and appreciate is good. Besides if it weren't for these kinds of interesting communication dynamics wouldn't life be a little boring?

OK OK, maybe sometimes boring is good.....

OK, I read all the post's and understand some of us(guys) need therapy.
But I"ll throw in my 2 cents.
" It is a proven thing that married men live longer------------------------------so if you want a slow death -----get married"

Also I've been married almost 38 years to my beautiful :blowingkisses:,charming:blowingkisses: ,loving :blowingkisses:wife,Diz.( did you read that dear!)( pssst, (guy's only), Ya know guy's you've got to say those things to get the laundry,dishes, and house cleaning done.)
THEN:
I told her" if she ever left me":nono:---- "I would go with her".:rolleyes:

I probably should have said instead of "I told her" er ahh ,what I meant to say was we had a "meaningful ,mutually agreed upon ,discussion"

I just looked in my old email stash of funnies for one that has two control boxes. One labeled men and the other women. The men one has one button in the middle - the one for women is the same size panel but has lots of different buttons all different colors - looks like it came from a very old Star Trek show.
We just work differently - our brains are just busier. Complicated, yeah that's it.
We can't help it.... Trying to understand is futile. Trying to love and appreciate is good. Besides if it weren't for these kinds of interesting communication dynamics wouldn't life be a little boring?

OK OK, maybe sometimes boring is good.....

MenVsWomen.png

Of course, the woman described it, while the guy just posted it up after a 20 second Google search. Just sayin'...

I just looked in my old email stash of funnies for one that has two control boxes.
I dug around in my computer and found the remote control devices. :D

Attachments

• Remotes from 002.JPG
    Remotes from 002.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Remotes from 001.JPG
    Remotes from 001.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 35
Marriage isn't for everyone. Sadly, some of the most interesting people are frequently the ones who marriage isn't for. I say sadly because that makes it less likely that they'll pass on their interesting traits to the future generations. This world needs more interesting people.

Marriage isn't for everyone. Sadly, some of the most interesting people are frequently the ones who marriage isn't for. I say sadly because that makes it less likely that they'll pass on their interesting traits to the future generations. This world needs more interesting people.

what does marriage have to do with THAT???

You're right, I should know better seeing as marriage had nothing to do with the start of my life in this world. Nevermind. :)

Following traditional ideals, though, married people have kids, and then influence their development. While marriage didn't have anything to do with me waking up one day and going "WTF am I doing here? I didn't order this," my mom did have a good sum of influence on my development. There are a lot of differences, but as far as core values are concerned? You betcha.

" A system could not well have been devised more studiously hostile to human happiness than marriage."( Shelly.)

AND

"It ain't the dress that makes your butt look big."

I should probably point out that I'm single. :)

John

So last night I was getting the list of "where you can take me this year". :rolleyes2:

Tell him to buy you a 340 for all these trips. The Trinnie just won't do. ;)

When your wife buys you an airplane, you are forbidden from complaining! :yes:

If I complain, then you are absolutely welcome to bash me upside the head.

To my credit, I recognize how lucky I am!!!

Sort of translates into driving. When I drive long trip I get into what I call a road zone. The Road Car and I become one. I'm totally aware of what happens traffic wise but am silent for the most part. My wife will invaribly say " why aren't you talking to me" Well I'm not NOT talking to her I'm just in my zone. But if she wants to talk why dosen't SHE start the conversation? Why is it ME thats not talking? I never understand that. I have driven on long trips with my buddys and we may start out talking but invaribly we will go silent. Its just what it is. When I get home here is the conversation:

Me: Hi Hon.
Tam: Hi how was the trip?
Me: Great.
Tam: So you had a good time?
Me: Yea it was great.
Tam: What did you talk about.
Me: Nothing.
Tam: NOTHING?
Me: Yeah Nothing.
Tam: Were you angry at eachother?
Me: No of course not why?
Tam: Well you didn't talk for 2+ hours.
Me: Yeah so?
Tam: I don't undersand how you can drive for over two hours and not have anything to say to eachother.
Me: By not saying anything.
Tam: And you had a good time?
Me: We had an awesome time.
Tam: Thats just bazare.

I suppose its just different wiring. My wife thinks its strange that I can go for a good time in a car with someone not utter a word and say nothing but I find it strange that she can talk on the phone for almost an hour and also say nothing.

I suppose its just different wiring. My wife thinks its strange that I can go for a good time in a car with someone not utter a word and say nothing but I find it strange that she can talk on the phone for almost an hour and also say nothing.
I'm not sure that's a gender thing. My flying buddies who are all male always seem to be on the phone while I only use it when I need to give or receive information and I rarely have more than a five-minute conversation.

I'm not sure that's a gender thing. My flying buddies who are all male always seem to be on the phone while I only use it when I need to give or receive information and I rarely have more than a five-minute conversation.
I hate talking on the phone but I love just chatting with friends for hours and hours about nothing as long as we are in person.

Behaviorists say that the only reason that going out for meals together is viewed favorably by both sexes is that both think there's something in it for them. Males think they will get to eat, females think there will be conversation.

Sort of translates into driving. When I drive long trip I get into what I call a road zone. The Road Car and I become one. I'm totally aware of what happens traffic wise but am silent for the most part. My wife will invaribly say " why aren't you talking to me" Well I'm not NOT talking to her I'm just in my zone. But if she wants to talk why dosen't SHE start the conversation? Why is it ME thats not talking? I never understand that. I have driven on long trips with my buddys and we may start out talking but invaribly we will go silent. Its just what it is. When I get home here is the conversation:

Tam: I don't undersand how you can drive for over two hours and not have anything to say to eachother.

Forwarded to the missus. She thinks it's just me.

Forwarded to the missus. She thinks it's just me.

LOL Glad I could help ya out Wayne.

Scott, I don't like talking on the phone either and do love great conversation with friends sometimes for hours , talking planes, Politics, what ever it may be but sometimes I can have a good time with someone just hanging out not saying boo.

Adam: I'm not a big TV commercial fan, but the one of the two guys tailgating at the FB game (insurance commercial) and the first guys says something about them insuring him. His buddy says, your car, right. He say no, my boat.
Buddy says: YOU HAVE A BOAT!
First guy says: yea, my wife really enjoys it.
Buddy says: YOU'RE MARRIED!!!

I used to watch football with friends; we talked about the game!
Wives didn't chat much but knew more about one another than we did just from exchanging facial expressions.

Best,

Dave

Back