Make Me Jealous Of Your Weekend

Not this weekend, but in a couple of weeks I'm heading east (Boston) to hold my Brand New Granddaughter! Top That!!

Not going to try.

Now, about flying. Went up Tuesday evening and got an IPC and flight review from my CFII. Today I filed IFR and flew with my wife from OLM to PUW. Climbing out of OLM (and it takes a long time to get to 11,000 MSL in a 172 on a warm day, still 40 degrees F at 11,000 MSL) we were vectored to give more room to a C-17 coming out of McChord. Amazing how long I had to look before I saw that big thing - below and to the left. First time seeing an airborne C-17 from above. He was going just a touch faster than us, too. :D Just as I was about to make the turn at WHYTE intersection SEA center gave me "Direct Pullman". Love that /G. Saved us some time. Straight line flight for about 3/4 of the way across the state. 2:08 from takeoff at OLM to landing at PUW. Not bad. Sure beat the 5 1/2 hours driving would have taken. Fly home tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, and as we were approaching the Cascades at 11,000 my wife counted 6 major peaks. Mt. Rainier (duh!), Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood and even Mt. Jefferson in Oregon. To the north, Mt. Baker (close to Canada). Great views in this part of the country.

Flew a 2184 nm cross country to California stayed at an awesome hotel in San Francisco, Took the Ferry to Sausalito with my wife and daughter had lunch ate at great restaurants, attended my sister's wedding and then flew the 2184 nm back home.

new puppy coming in two weeks...that will be my best weekend in awhile.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 14
No competition here. Drove the land vehicle pulling the camper to Nolin Lake State park in KY. Four days away from the office. Yay.

Last edited:
Get out of bed...coffee...go for a swim in the pool...coffee...walk out to the hangar, pull the Six out...load up with wife and two teenagers...fly to Venice, FL (25 min flight north)...walk to the beach...fly back home...pool...thats a fun Saturday! ;)

Fixed breakfast and coffee for the two of us, and now we're sitting on the back deck, under the roof, reading the paper (and the POA), watching and listening to a nice gentle rain come down, and the train whistle off in the distance.

And we still have the rest of the day and tomorrow ahead of us.

Cannot be too jealous of this weather

21007KT 1 1/4SM HZ OVC012

then after it burns off

TEMPO 4SM TSRA BKN030CB

Dinner with EdFred. Hit a bucket of balls. Clean the bathroom.

Just got back from practicing in a club 172. Went out to KTNT where I have 10k feet of runway to myself. Flew along the runway in the flare position a number of times and did a few impossible turns from 500'. My landings in the 172 have not been so great lately and I figured out two things; 1 - you have to really shove the nose down with full flaps to get 70 mph and 2 - that rudder ain't much good. Hopefully that will help.

This thread is meant to be like the years old thread of "make me jealous of your airport."

That was when I wanted to learn why everyone loved the airport(s) they flew out of.

Now I propose "make me jealous of your weekend."

What totally awesome aviation weekend did you have?

Weekend hasn't started yet, but yesterday flew from home airport outside St Louis to Kansas with a couple hangar neighbors in their RV10A to pick up my Cherokee that I had abandoned there 3 weeks ago because of an exhaust system failure. Stopped in Springfield MO on the way back and spent several hours with daughter, SIL and 2 yo granddaughter. Great weekend starter. ;)

Spending the weekend with my 12 year old daughter swimming, playing with r/c cars, baking cupcakes, and just hanging out. I'm guessing I won't be cool enough to hang out with next year. :)

Spending the weekend with my 12 year old daughter swimming, playing with r/c cars, baking cupcakes, and just hanging out. I'm guessing I won't be cool enough to hang out with next year. :)

That's a fact. Enjoy!

Three flights, nine Young Eagles.

Attachments

• IMAG0382.jpg
    IMAG0382.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0383.jpg
    IMAG0383.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0384.jpg
    IMAG0384.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 13
I had a customer that failed to plan ahead on Friday. They were running over the weekend. They had no material to run shifts over the weekend. So I hopped in the truck and headed over to Troy. I was talking to Adam on the phone, "hey why don't you fly?" Oh, I don't know maybe because it's 700lbs of material, the tanks are already topped off, the customer won't come to the airport, and oh yeah thunderstorms that are making white houses look greenish brown.

While on the phone with Adam, I remember Liz lived like right there. Shot her a text while driving (cue Judas Priest) and after driving through some thunderstorms, dropping off the material to the customer, we met for comida de Mejico. There was no scratching or hitting of balls at dinner.

Then I got to drive home in more thunderstorms. Today I did get a chapter of my book written. No scratching or watching of the TdF yet. Probably grab the highlights at 8.

Ive got a new one...Probably the weekend I will be spending as a C208 Caravan FO flying back and forth to the Black Rock desert for burning man, and getting paid to do it. :D Cant Wait! :goofy:

Tomorrow my wife and I are going to get up and check the weather. We will be flying wherever looks good. We will probably have lunch somewhere then fly somewhere else. When we come home, I will cook her dinner and then ...

Take it while you can get it!

It's a good deal all around.
My daughter and I always did muffins or pancakes or waffles on Sunday mornings. Now she loves the kitchen, bakes from scratch, and is a great cook and loves to experiment with new recipes.

Ive got a new one...Probably the weekend I will be spending as a C208 Caravan FO flying back and forth to the Black Rock desert for burning man, and getting paid to do it. :D Cant Wait! :goofy:

Sounds great! Take plenty of cold water!

Watch the British Open both mornings, have lunch . . .

Well I'm also watching the British Open on TV has they are having great summer weather back home right now....and I'm sitting here in not so sunny Florida unable to fly because of the weather....:sad:

Flew back today. Another beautiful VMC day, but I filed IFR anyway. Got KPUW -> YKM - V204 - KOLM. Gotta love /G. Forgot the camera, but my wife took these pictures with my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20130720_163250_814.jpg
    IMG_20130720_163250_814.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20130720_181239_082.jpg
    IMG_20130720_181239_082.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20130720_182649_356.jpg
    IMG_20130720_182649_356.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20130720_185206_100.jpg
    IMG_20130720_185206_100.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Got to see these things yesterday.

Oooops can't do it from my new phone which is what I was practicing with and am too lazy to get up and turn on my computer. Or figure it out on my phone. Tomorrow...

Dear Penthouse Forum, I was driving down a back road when I saw two ladies with a flat tire. Turns out they were twin bikini models from Sweden. After I changed their tire, they giggled and told me they didn't have any money, but they had a fantasy about being with a fat gray headed married guy and THEN...................................….................... I woke up and watched the British Open.;)

Got to see these things yesterday.

Oooops can't do it from my new phone which is what I was practicing with and am too lazy to get up and turn on my computer. Or figure it out on my phone. Tomorrow...

OK, try this.

IMG_0298

IMG_0297

IMG_0300

IMG_0303

IMG_0305

Friday night - painting
Saturday - painting followed by hot **censored**
Sunday - started with **censored** and now gonna go fly about 3 hours since the paint should be dry:

Friday night - painting
Saturday - painting followed by hot **censored**
Sunday - started with **censored** and now gonna go fly about 3 hours since the paint should be dry:

Haha, when I started reading your post I thought you meant painting as in watercolors or something and I was going to ask you to post the results. I guess you did!

Mickelson wins!

Dear Penthouse Forum, I was driving down a back road when I saw two ladies with a flat tire. Turns out they were twin bikini models from Sweden. After I changed their tire, they giggled and told me they didn't have any money, but they had a fantasy about being with a fat gray headed married guy and THEN...................................….................... I woke up and watched the British Open.;)

Driving. 20 hours. From our lake house in central MN to our real house in Virginia. An experience I sincerely hope to replace with GA if I can a) finish my PP, b) convince my wife it won't kill us, and c) buy a plane that will work the mission (2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 big dogs).

At least I have the past 3 weeks of vacation bliss to reminisce about during the drive...

I had to mow the runway at our cabin. Flew up with the family and spent the weekend. I even did my annual plane wash this morning. Life is good!

image-4.jpg

Yesterday I shot some guns, rode some motorcycles, and sat on the roof and smoked a cigar with a couple friends.

Today I sold a used Pantech phone on Amazon. I am probably the last person to sell to the public but it seemed like a waste to let it sit in my drawer until obsolete. I'm trying to develop new habits too...

I was going to post it here but it sold too quickly.

Hey get the heck outta my dream....;)

Back