Make Me Jealous Of Your Weekend

Mr.Cecil.jpg

Friday morning the boss wife and I flew up to Kennewick, (parked the plane at KRLD), to visit old friend and fellow retired Coastie. Saturday we did an 8 winery tour in a stretched 1938 Pontiac limo, (Four Star limo service ROCKS!!!), and loaded up on some pretty tasty bottles. This AM we loaded up the plane and came home. Other than smoke from a 10k acre fire north of here it was beautiful flying weather in the Pacific NW.

Last edited:
Well, today we were SUPPOSED to fly to Hondo, TX for aerobatic training, but the weather didn't cooperate. Looks like this dream will have to wait till after OSH.

Later, however, it was good enough for a couple of splendid local flights that hit three airports, ending with beers at the hangar with new RV-10 owning friends down from Houston.

Not what we planned, but a nice day nonetheless.

Friday night - painting
Saturday - painting followed by hot **censored**
Sunday - started with **censored** and now gonna go fly about 3 hours since the paint should be dry:

Expanding on this:

Flew from KLNK to Y03 and picked up 35 gallons of gas then flew back south to KOLU where gave airplane rides. Then we all had home-made barbeque chicken before heading back to KLNK.

The father is TERRIFIED of flying but his daughter Kristina said "it'll be fine, lets go fly with the birdies" and he climbed right in and did fine on his ride then cried as he watched his wife go for her ride without him.

Kristina got to fly both times, once with dad then with mom.

Last edited:
My wife backed her car into my car Saturday morning, smashing out her taillight and my mirror.

I had to oversee a major deployment on Saturday night through Sunday morning at work.

Now I'm back at work. I think this weekend qualifies as a bust personally.

I spent the weekend with my kids, playing in the pool. Watching every airplane that flew over.

My wife backed her car into my car Saturday morning, smashing out her taillight and my mirror.

Heh. I thought I was the only one whose wife managed to smash two of his cars simultaneously! Mary actually rear-ended me, when we lived in Iowa, when I stopped halfway through a left turn because of an unseen oncoming motorcycle.

She still, to this day, blames me, naturally. :D

Mickelson wins!

Yeah, that was a great final round!! I really like Phil, I had dinner with him several years ago at a Ford function, I steered the conversation towards flying, since my golf game sucks and he's a pilot. :D At the time he had an old G-II SP and a Citation I S/P, he's upgraded the Gulfstream now, I don't know if he's still flying the Citation or not.:dunno:
We even parked next wo each other! ;)

Last edited:
Driving. 20 hours. From our lake house in central MN to our real house in Virginia. An experience I sincerely hope to replace with GA if I can a) finish my PP, b) convince my wife it won't kill us, and c) buy a plane that will work the mission (2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 big dogs).

At least I have the past 3 weeks of vacation bliss to reminisce about during the drive...

What is a good airplane for that mission?

Oh, now you've gone and done it....

I can't see anything smaller than a Seneca being adequate.

Yeah, I almost deleted that statement because I don't want to turn this into a "which plane should I buy?" thread.

That said, I'm thinking Cherokee 6. I don't particularly want ME, and 1000 pounds on full tanks ought to just about do it. But purchase is still several years off, so I try not to think about it too much or else I'll end up obsessing about planes on controller that I can't buy.

In a few years, those will be bigger kids. Kids and a wife on a two week trip? You're looking at needing an 8 seater. lol

Hopped in an F15 at 0030, took off at 0100, landed in England 9.5 hours later after this view of the sunrise over Maine.
yze8a2y8.jpg

Oh and the day before I was a training aide for some of the guys in the squadron.

asa6y9e3.jpg

do you take go pills for 9.5 hour flights?

Hopped in an F15 at 0030, took off at 0100, landed in England 9.5 hours later after this view of the sunrise over Maine.
yze8a2y8.jpg

Oh and the day before I was a training aide for some of the guys in the squadron.

asa6y9e3.jpg

Okay, that's pretty hard to beat!

Did three pristine alpine lakes, the Sky River and returned to splash down on Lake Washington, then a nice wild caught, silver salmon and steamed clams dinner overlooking the Puget Sound with KeyWestPhotog and some of my family.

Last edited:
Flew a 2184 nm cross country to California stayed at an awesome hotel in San Francisco, Took the Ferry to Sausalito with my wife and daughter had lunch ate at great restaurants, attended my sister's wedding and then flew the 2184 nm back home.

I work and live in / near Sausalito.

Just me and the open road on a trip up to Tahoe in the EC-130. This is the kind of IFR we helicopter pilots like. : )

IMG_1344.jpg

Flew with Aeroshell aerobatic team Tuesday morning in Oshkosh. What a great set of pilots. Very professional and as down home as they come.

I flew with Mark Henley #1, watching the other pilots watch us in formation throughtout the loop and roll was so cool!

With my mom...all of us...ALL the kids...grandkids...great grandkids...great great grandkids...celebrating her 100th birthday.

We should all be so lucky.

A week later, I'm still in Oshkosh.

Nuff said... :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3...

Two weeks later, I finally got my tailwheel endorsement...

Just cold, wind and rain here, and my little buddy....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 17
Being retired everyday is Saturday and flying at least two days a week every weekend is great Did OSH last Sunday and returned through the Air Force museum in Dayton mid week.any time people are flying I'm jelous

Went shooting, went flying. Logged 500th hour in the logbook. Dinner with Karen's family tonight. Her folks are in town. Couldn't have planned a better weekend. Didn't really. It just all worked out.

Jealous? Not so much. I got 30 lbs of apricots put in the dehydrator. Only 30-50 lbs more on the tree left to pick and process. All the Rainier cherries are off the trees so, hopefully, that will lessen next years bug infestation. Almost done with fixing the sprinklers in the orchard. One plum tree harvested.

Got one of the F650GSs cleaned after a weekend trip to ID that involved 25 miles of fresh chip seal on Lolo Pass. Safety solvent works great on removing tar and stuck on rocks. lol.

10 hour OT shift today, then tomorrow I head back down into the garden.

One of these days, I will actually GET a four day weekend off like I'm supposed to. ~sigh~

Finally got my car back on the track....

gingerman001.jpg

It's been down for a engine swap for toooooo long...

Nothing to be jealous of this past weekend (just some hangar flying).

I will, however, be going to my very first poker run next weekend!

And a few weekends after that I will apparently be in a hot air balloon sipping champage during some yearly balloon event near Reno.

Back