Lunch - What'd You Have?

BBQ. Lots of BBQ.

Judged at a contest today. It didn't suck. First year for this contest, and based on the samples I had I don't think there were any first timers. I recognized many of the teams as teams that have a lot of wins, and the samples we got reflected that. I had one rib that was bad, way too tough. And I had one beef burnt end that was nearly inedible, it was all gristle. I wanted to spit it out, but I was able to choke it down, fortunately for that team they also included a brisket slice that was pretty good and pulled up their score. That burnt end scored well for the "flavor" category, but the "taste/tenderness" score fell out the bottom.

I got home and had the meat sweats, then had to mow the lawn anyway.

Mexican. Carnitas. With corn tortillas. Marinated and deep fried pork. Sorry I ate the beans already before I took the pic. :D

oLPDbPf.jpg

I gag at the mere sound of kale. If you are going to eat something that tastes like rotting garbage, you might as well eat rotting garbage.

Hey now, hey now! It does taste like freshly mowed grass, but it’s got a lot of vitamins in that chet! Mix it in with other foods and you don’t even taste it!

:)

Nate told you to get outa here with that shet! Now git!

And put that shet back on my lawn, and then git off my lawn!

Yesterday at the ballpark I had a hot dog with mustard (AND ketchup on it :raspberry:) and a tasty soft pretzel. Grandson played 4 games in a tournament so an all day deal. They almost made it to the Championship game.

Yesterday at the ballpark I had a hot dog with mustard (AND ketchup on it :raspberry:) and a tasty soft pretzel. Grandson played 4 games in a tournament so an all day deal. They almost made it to the Championship game.

They’d have made it if you didn’t anger the hot dog gods with that ketchup. ;)

You know many of us on here tolerate your constant reference to boobs but if you keep up that ketchup sheet, we’ll ask that you be banned.

IMG_3945.JPG
This is the backdrop. Last night ended up with a whole New York Strip left over.

IMG_3947.JPG
Stuck it in a ziplock bag, and hid it in my bike jersey pocket. The Burger Girl eyed me suspiciously when I ordered a salad with no meat on it.

OK Cafe in Atlanta. Country fried steak. Fried chicken filet. Mac and cheese and squash casserole.

m7lvbkB.jpg

Yesterday. I was tempted to cover the chicken fried steak in green chili which is an option at that place, but went traditional.

e460bf49e119a358a0acea907e023bc9.jpg

Karen had the Juevos I think. With green chili. This made my decision not to do the green chili a touch more disappointing. But nobody can stay disappointed in chicken friend steak for long.

4af8187fa6ec829bd2c42adc77a36fe0.jpg

Yesterday. I was tempted to cover the chicken fried steak in green chili which is an option at that place, but went traditional.

Karen had the Juevos I think. With green chili. This made my decision not to do the green chili a touch more disappointing. But nobody can stay disappointed in chicken friend steak for long.

I love green chilis. I buy the small cans of them and put them on my cheeseburgers.

Varsity in Atlanta. That is a small FO in the cup. 'Nuff said. :cool:

YGkY7iB.jpg

I can't believe I missed that one. Damn.

You're killing me!

Not only that, the other place I ate where I posted a pic up there, OK Cafe, has a killer pimento cheeseburger too that I usually get when I get a hamburger. :D

Ks5TW8K.jpg

Last edited:
Facebook bought Instagram. Same thing :)

Yeah. They felt the needed more of the duckface and gangsters shooting photos of booty crowd. LOL. It helps their base business model of knowing who to market everything to. Hahahaha.

image.png I was slammed yesterday at the flight school, 6:30 to 7:30 flying with 5 students. Drove down the road for quick cheeseburger and ice tea.

Lunch was no big deal, but here’s part of my dinner.

Rainbow trout and probably a vegetable or two.

image.jpg

That would have got me thru the day for sure Sac! :yesnod:
Burger Girls.jpg
Okay this is a stock image off of Yelp. The one on the far left is Burger Girl Laura, and the next one, the cook, is Burger Chef Girl Carmalita. This is at least three years old. I cannot tell you the other ones. The brunette in orange left a couple years ago. The burger cook facing us with the stache has been gone for a while too.

Snuck that pic didn't ya? Fine ladies, no wonder you patronize that place. And here we thought it was all because of lettuce-wrapped cow meat! :D

Back