Looking for my fathers old plane - Need advise

SumTingWong

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SumTingWong
to make a long story short, I'm needing advise / help, sorry if this is the wrong place for this I'm not used to forums but this was where I found a similar post from a google search that lead me here.
Sadly my father passed away earlier this year, he sold his plane many many years ago (and regretted it ever since), its been a long time goal to become a pilot myself and I'm wanting to get my license soon and would love to find / buy it back for myself. however,. a few years back I found it on a site listed for sale then lost track of it after finding that listing forever ago.
from a google search that lead me to another persons post on this site there was a link to the FAA registry and I searched up the tail number. (I'm new to this site and not allowed to post links)
from that it showed the FAA Registry was canceled due to the plane being exported to Bolivia.
any advise would be appreciated for anything like to be able to locate it or if its even still out there (like hopefully not crashed or sitting in a bone yard or something bad ya know). possible steps to contact and purchase it back if that's even possible. just anything since I'm not knowledgeable in this subject and well it's simply a sentimental dream
Thank you for any tips or ideas.

I think you'll need to check the registries in Bolivia and try to track it from there.

(I'm assuming that a general Google search didn't find the tail number.)

I think you'll need to check the registries in Bolivia and try to track it from there.

(I'm assuming that a general Google search didn't find the tail number.)
so far another google search lead me to spottingmode .com /registers
from there on that list for Bolivia was the following dgac . gob . bo
however its all in Spanish, if this is even the right place to be looking. but i can't find anywhere to search for it on that site

It might help to know what kind of plane. If it's rare, it will be easier to track down. If it's a 172 or a PA28, well, then good luck.

The tail number would of course change when it went to a different country, so see if you can find the serial number in the old FAA registration data....

Thank you for any tips or ideas.
What was the old registration N number? And do you know the aircraft type, year, model, and serial number? The Bolivian DGAC doesn't have a online presence like the FAA does. If you can post the requested plane info, I'll forward it to a friend in Santa Cruz and see if he can find something.

What was the old registration N number? And do you know the aircraft type, year, model, and serial number? The Bolivian DGAC doesn't have a online presence like the FAA does. If you can post the requested plane info, I'll forward it to a friend in Santa Cruz and see if he can find something.
1961 Cessna 210B
SN: 21057912
TN: N9612X

edit* FAA registry says 1961 - Serial Number says it falls under 1962 on another database.

Last edited:
The last owner is Hubert A Briscoe, looks like he is a CPA in Winder GA 770-867-1270. The plane was registered in Winder GA so might be the same guy or related this i

The last owner was found on the FAA N numver search

Why not call him and see what he can tell you

The FAA will have the records bills of sale etc for the plane, you can request a CD maybe

1961 Cessna 210B
SN: 21057912
TN: N9612X

edit* FAA registry says 1961 - Serial Number says it falls under 1962 on another database.
As with auto manufacturers, Cessna trotted out its new models in the fall of the previous year. The 1962 Model 210B hit the market in the fall of 1961, beginning with s/n 21057841, and featured several major changes from the '61 Model 210A. FAA's registration database refers only to the calendar year in which the individual airplane's Certificate of Airworthiness was first issued, with no connection to the model year. So it's very common, as in this instance, for a 1962 model to be shown as 1961 on the FAA website.

The last owner is Hubert A Briscoe, looks like he is a CPA in Winder GA 770-867-1270. The plane was registered in Winder GA so might be the same guy or related this i

The last owner was found on the FAA N numver search

Why not call him and see what he can tell you
Even if you can't find the airplane, sometimes previous owners will have photos or other documentation which you might ask about.
I've had a few previous owner's family find value in that.

Even if you can't find the airplane, sometimes previous owners will have photos or other documentation which you might ask about.
I've had a few previous owner's family find value in that.
yes, i have my fathers entire flight bag, log books, tons of pictures, etc etc even the shirt tail from first solo. and like i said in the OP many years back i seen it for sale on a site (assuming that was when it was sold and left the country) on Aviationdb with the screenshots i have posted it says deregistered and Bolivia

however its all in Spanish

Google translate works pretty well now. You can translate entire web pages/sites.

I did a quick search - Google [Cessna 210B 21057912]

A few USA hits but one related to Bolivia. It seems to be a revocation list "revocation of the Registration Certificates". There seem to be 137 revocations. Looks like aircraft rather than pilot but not sure.

Serial no. not on page but looking at Page Source (Ctrl U) exposes it. Then search for the serial number.

PERIÓDICO DEL ESTADO PLURINACIONAL DE BOLIVIA
Google translate -
- NEWSPAPER OF THE PLURINATIONAL STATE OF BOLIVIA

Looks like this if I have parsed it correctly:-

N° MATRICULA NOMBRE O RAZON SOCIAL MARCA Y MODELO N° SERIE N° CERTIFICADO ANTIGUO</p> <p>FECHA DE CER.</p>
<p>ANTIGUO

REGISTRATION NO. NAME OR COMPANY NAME BRAND AND MODEL SERIAL NO. OLD CERTIFICATE NO.</p> <p>DATE OF CLOSURE</p>
<p>OLD

1 CP-697 CARLOS FERNANDO MOYANO AGUIRRE FORNEY F1 5706 170 05/08/2008
2 CP- 765 JUAN CARLOS ESPEJO MEDINA CESSNA 185A 1850496 1230 23/10/2012
3 CP- 854 MIRKO

... 153 18/05/2012
86 CP-2692 ANGIE LEIDY VACA PARADA CESSNA 172N 17268120 1116 16/12/2011

### This is the entry for SN: 21057912
###
87 CP-2702 ELIUD VACA MOLINA CESSNA 210B 21057912 1140 31/01/2012
###
###

88 CP-2720 RODOLFO IBAÑEZ MELGAR CESSNA 210K 21059392 1191 11/07/2012

89 CP-2727 MARIO BAÑON VACA CESSN

Google Translates follow:-

**SPANISH**
N° MATRICULA NOMBRE O RAZON SOCIAL MARCA Y MODELO N° SERIE N° CERTIFICADO ANTIGUO</p>

<p>FECHA DE CER.</p>

<p>ANTIGUO

###

**ENGLISH**
REGISTRATION NO. NAME OR COMPANY NAME BRAND AND MODEL SERIAL NO. OLD CERTIFICATE NO.</p>

<p>DATE OF CLOSURE</p>

<p>OLD

**SPANISH**

RESOLUCIÓN ADMINISTRATIVA No. 053La Paz, 05 de febrero de 2016</p> <p>POR TANTO:</p> <p>El Director Ejecutivo Interino de la Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil, en uso de las atribuciones conferidas por Ley;</p> <p>RESUELVE:</p> <p>PRIMERO.- Disponer la revocatoria de los Certificados de Matrícula señalados a continuación

**ENGLISH**

ADMINISTRATIVE RESOLUTION No. 053La Paz, February 5, 2016</p> <p>WHEREFORE:</p> <p>The Interim Executive Director of the General Directorate of Civil Aeronautics, in use of the powers conferred by Law; </p> <p>RESOLVES:</p> <p>FIRST.- Order the revocation of the Registration Certificates indicated below

Last edited:
### This is the entry for SN: 21057912

87 CP-2702 ELIUD VACA MOLINA CESSNA 210B 21057912 1140 31/01/2012

Google ["ELIUD" "VACA" "MOLINA" "bolivia"]
The quotes mean - forced inclusion of these individual words.

Plenty facebook hits, I don't FB so often can't see pages.

Not of course necessarily the same Eliud Vaca Molina:)

Dec 2022
"Happy Holidays wishes you the Municipal Mayor of San Borja Eliud Vaca Molina"

Nov 2022
"Eliud Vaca Molina, Municipal Mayor of San Borja, this morning was supervising the pumps so that they do not sell gasoline in gallons." (Seems to be about rationing, not particular units.)

1694367862777.png

Last edited:
i have posted it says deregistered and Bolivia
UPDATE: I got a reply from the DGAC. Unfortunately, it stated that only the aircraft owner or a person who "verifies their legal interest" can request any information. I had simply requested to know if the aircraft was in Bolivia and if it was still flying. I can post a copy of the email reply if you like.

Last edited:
Why don't you look on Facebook for a Bolivian Pilots Association or Cessna Flyers in Bolivia and post the question there

Back