Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

More Flooding in Texas...

More flooding in Texas - tragic loss
[SIZE=+1]CRAWFORD[/SIZE][SIZE=+1], TX -- A tragic flood this morning destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. The flood began in the presidential bathroom where both of the books were kept. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Both books have been completely destroyed. A presidential spokesman said the president was devastated as he had almost finished coloring the second one. The White House tried to call FEMA but there was no answer.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]I will continue to keep you updated on this crisis.[/SIZE]

Re: Lutheran Viking Airlines

Lutheran Viking Airlines

Right now I'll say Grace:

"Come, Lord Jesus, be our guest,
And let deze gifts to us be blessed.
Fadar, Son, and Holy Ghost,
May we land in Dulut or pretty close."

Happy Landin wit da Lutran Viking Airline!

That was so funny... I could hear Garrison Keillor (PBS, "A Prairie Home Companion") reading it as I read it.

I believe it is OK to post 1 copyrighted newspaper cartoon, especially when pilots can benefit so much from it.

If not I apologize.

LongRangeForecast.png

The Difference Between Men and Women!

'The Difference Between Men and Women'

Let's say a guy named Fred is attracted to a woman named Martha. He asks her out to a movie; she accepts; they have a pretty good time. A few nights later he asks her out to dinner, and again they enjoy themselves. They continue to see each other regularly, and after a while neither one of them is seeing anybody else.

And then, one evening when they're driving home, a thought occurs to Martha, and, without really thinking, she says it aloud: 'Do you realize that, as of tonight, we've been seeing each other for exactly six months?'

And then, there is silence in the car.

To Martha, it seems like a very loud silence. She thinks to herself: I wonder if it bothers him that I said that. Maybe he's been feeling confined by our relationship; maybe he thinks I'm trying to push him into some kind of obligation that he doesn't want, or isn't sure of.

And Fred is thinking: Gosh. Six months.

And Martha is thinking: But, hey, I'm not so sure I want this kind of relationship either. Sometimes I wish I had a little more space, so I'd have time to think about whether I really want us to keep going the way we are, moving steadily towards, I mean, where are we going? Are we just going to keep seeing each other at this level of intimacy? Are we heading toward marriage? Toward children? Toward a lifetime together? Am I ready for that level of commitment? Do I really even know this person?

And Fred is thinking: ...so that means it was...let's see...February when we started going out, which was right after I had the car at the dealer's, which means...lemme check the odometer...Whoa! I am way overdue for an oil change here.

And Martha is thinking: He's upset. I can see it on his face. Maybe I'm reading this completely wrong. Maybe he wants more from our relationship, more intimacy, more commitment; maybe he has sensed - even before I sensed it - that I was feeling some reservations. Yes, I bet that's it. That's why he's so reluctant to say anything about his own feelings. He's afraid of being rejected.

And Fred is thinking: And I'm gonna have them look at the transmission again. I don't care what those morons say, it's still not shifting right. And they better not try to blame it on the cold weather this time. What cold weather? It's 87 degrees out, and this thing is shifting like a garbage truck, and I paid those incompetent thieves $600.

And Martha is thinking: He's angry. And I don't blame him. I'd be angry, too. I feel so guilty, putting him through this, but I can't help the way I feel. I'm just not sure.

And Fred is thinking: They'll probably say it's only a 90-day warranty...scumballs.

And Martha is thinking: Maybe I'm just too idealistic, waiting for a knight to come riding up on his white horse, when I'm sitting right next to a perfectly good person, a person I enjoy being with, a person I truly do care about, a person who seems to truly care about me. A person who is in pain because of my self-centered, schoolgirl romantic fantasy.

And Fred is thinking: Warranty? They want a warranty? I'll give them a warranty. I'll take their warranty and stick it right up their...

'Fred,' Martha says aloud.

'What?' says Fred, startled.

'Please don't torture yourself like this,' she says, her eyes beginning to brim with tears. 'Maybe I should never have...oh dear, I feel so...'(She breaks down, sobbing.)

'What?' says Fred.

'I'm such a fool,' Martha sobs. 'I mean, I know there's no knight. I really know that. It's silly. There's no knight, and there's no horse.'

'There's no horse?' says Fred.

'You think I'm a fool, don't you?' Martha says.

'No!' says Fred, glad to finally know the correct answer.

'It's just that...it's that I...I need some time,' Martha says. (There is a 15-second pause while Fred, thinking as fast as he can, tries to come up with a safe response. Finally he comes up with one that he thinks might work.)

'Yes,' he says. (Martha, deeply moved, touches his hand.)

'Oh, Fred, do you really feel that way?' she says.

'What way?' says Fred.

'That way about time,' says Martha.

'Oh,' says Fred. 'Yes.' (Martha turns to face him and gazes deeply into his eyes, causing him to become very nervous about what she might say next, especially if it involves a horse. At last she speaks.)

'Thank you, Fred,' she says.

'Thank you,' says Fred.

Then he takes her home, and she lies on her bed, a conflicted, tortured soul, and weeps until dawn, whereas when Fred gets back to his place, he opens a bag of Doritos, turns on the TV, and immediately becomes deeply involved in a rerun of a college basketball game between two South Dakota junior colleges that he has never heard of. A tiny voice in the far recesses of his mind tells him that something major was going on back there in the car, but he is pretty sure there is no way he would ever understand what, and so he figures it's better if he doesn't think about it.

The next day Martha will call her closest friend, or perhaps two of them, and they will talk about this situation for six straight hours. In painstaking detail, they will analyze everything she said and everything he said, going over it time and time again, exploring every word, expression, and gesture for nuances of meaning, considering every possible ramification.

They will continue to discuss this subject, off and on, for weeks, maybe months, never reaching any definite conclusions, but never getting bored with it either.

Meanwhile, Fred, while playing racquetball one day with a mutual friend of his and Martha's, will pause just before serving, frown, and say: 'Norm, did Martha ever own a horse?'

And that's the difference between men and women.

A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal. Feeling somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu:

+ Broiled Missionary: $10.00
+ Fried Explorer: $15.00
+ Grilled Democrat: $20.00
+ Baked Republican: $100.00

The cannibal called the waiter over and asked: 'Why such a price difference for the Republican?'

The cook replied, "Have you ever tried to clean one? They're so full of poo, it takes all morning."

I 'think' this is a true story, but maybe it's urban legend:

At a conference of western governors, the governor of Colorado was addressing the group, and began talking to the governor of Texas: "Mr. Governor, we are all aware of the reputation that Texans have of being larger-than-life. In fact, just recently a Texas citizen was passing through our state and had an unfortunate accident and died. And, being a Texan and being larger-than-life we couldn't find a coffin large enough to hold him. So we gave him an enema and buried him in a shoe box."

Last edited:
I 'think' this is a true story, but maybe it's urban legend:

At a conference of western governors, the governor of Colorado was addressing the group, and began talking to the governor of Texas: "Mr. Governor, we are all aware of the reputation that Texans have of being larger-than-life. In fact, just recently a Texas citizen was passing through our state and had an unfortunate accident and died. And, being a Texan and being larger-than-life we couldn't find a coffin large enough to hold him. So we gave him and enema and buried him in a shoe box."

The Governor of the State of Colorado did indeed tell this joke in public a number of years ago. Not the current governor, a predecessor several back.

I remember hearing about it back in about '81-'82, back when I was living in Colorado. It's been so long ago that I couldn't remember if it actually happened or not. If I remember correctly, the next day the Governor of Colorado apologized profusely.

The Governor of the State of Colorado did indeed tell this joke in public a number of years ago. Not the current governor, a predecessor several back.

I remember hearing about it back in about '81-'82, back when I was living in Colorado. It's been so long ago that I couldn't remember if it actually happened or not. If I remember correctly, the next day the Governor of Colorado apologized profusely.

Was that the space cadet who said that old people had an obligation to die and stop burdening the taxpayers?

Was that the space cadet who said that old people had an obligation to die and stop burdening the taxpayers?
Yes, according to this article.

http://bestof.westword.com/bestof/intro.php?year=2004

Westword said:
So is Dick Lamm, the governor of Colorado back then, a politician forever getting in trouble for his forthright comments about disabled children, the handicapped, Texans (never a favorite ethnic group in Colorado). To loosen up a crowd of educators before introducing the governor of Texas, this state’s governor told 1984’s Best Political Joke, about a Texan who died in Colorado and was too big for any coffin, “so we gave him an enema and buried him in a shoebox.” And Lamm was just warming up. That year, he also made controversial comments about Mexico — a potential “Iran on our borders” — and the elderly: “We’ve got a duty to die and get out of the way with all of our machines and artificial hearts and everything else like that and let the other society, our kids, build a reasonable life.” That’s whaý Lamm said on March 27, 1984, and although those words will follow him to his grave — once he does his own duty — he’s still talking, still stirring things up, spewing grim statistics in his new book on health care and inspiring a revolution in the Sierra Club with his current candidacy for that group’s board.

Dick Lamm was, and still is, quite a character. For a Democrat on the left, he was probably one of the least politically correct among politicians in any party. I heard his lectures at DU were among the most poplular. I wish I had attended some of his classes while I was there.

I had recalled a speech he made sometime back. I remembered it because it fit well with another speech by Ben Stein

http://www.safehaven.com/article-4837.htm

One would never think both Dick Lamm and Condi Rice had taught at the same university. :)

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi was going up to bed when
his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which
she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that
there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your
house?" and he said "no". Then they said that all patrols were busy, and
that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when
available.
George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.
"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were
people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about
them now because I've just shot them." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and
an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the
burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you
said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

True Story) I LOVE IT - Don't mess with old people!!

Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extracurricular activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused a new member, George, of being an alcoholic after she saw his pickup parked in front of the town's only bar. George, a man of few words, said nothing. He didn't explain, defend or deny. Later that evening, George quietly parked his pickup in front of Mildred's house and walked home....leaving the pickup there all night.

Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extracurricular activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused a new member, George, of being an alcoholic after she saw his pickup parked in front of the town's only bar. George, a man of few words, said nothing. He didn't explain, defend or deny. Later that evening, George quietly parked his pickup in front of Mildred's house and walked home....leaving the pickup there all night.
Paybacks are a.... :rofl:

Bubba applied for an engineering position at a Shreveport, La. refinery. A Yankee applied for the same job and both applicants, having the same
qualifications, were asked to take a test by the manager. Upon completion of the test, both men missed only one of the questions.

The manager went to Bubba and said: "Thank you for your interest, but we've decided to give the Yankee the job."

Bubba asked: "And why are you giving HIM the job? We both got nine questions correct. This being Louisiana and me being a Southern boy, I should get

the job!" The manager said: "We have made our decision NOT on the correct answers, but, rather, on the one question that you BOTH missed."

Bubba then asked: "And just how would ONE incorrect answer be better than the other?"

The manager replied: "Bubba, it's like this. On question No.4, the Yankee put down; 'I don't know.'
YOU put down . . . 'Neither do I.'

So, ya hear about the chef that was looking for a job?

He was hoping to find an entree level position! :D

(with apologies to Frank & Ernest, from whom I shamelessly stole this... :))

The Cardiologists' Funeral

A cardiologist died and was given an elaborate funeral. A huge heart covered
in flowers stood behind the casket during the service.

Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside. The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever. At that point, one of the mourners burst into laughter.

When all eyes stared at him, he said, "I'm sorry. I was just thinking of my
own funeral---I'm a gynecologist."

That's when the proctologist fainted.

The Scientist and the Poet

A poet and a scientist were traveling together on a plane. The scientist was bored and said to the poet, "Hey, you, do you want to play a game? I'll ask you a question, and if you get it wrong, you give me $5. Then, you ask me a question, and if I can't answer it, I'll give you $5."
The poet thought about this for a moment, but he decided against it, seeing that the scientist was obviously a very bright man. He politely turned down the scientist's offer.
The scientist, who was really bored, tried again. "Look, I'll ask you a question, and if you can't answer it, you give me $5. Then you ask me a question, and if I can't answer it, I'll give you $50."
The poet agreed. "Okay," the scientist said, "what is the exact distance between the Earth and the Moon?"
The poet, obviously not knowing the answer, didn't stop to think about the scientist's question. He took a $5 bill out of his pocket and handed it to the scientist.
The scientist happily accepted the bill and promptly said, "Okay, now it's your turn."
The poet thought about this for a few minutes, then asked, "All right, what goes up a mountain on three legs, but comes down on four?"
The bright glow quickly vanished from the scientist's face. He thought about this for a long time, taking out his notepad and making numerous calculations. He finally gave up on his notepad and took out his laptop, using his Multimedia Encyclopedia. As the plane was landing the scientist gave up. He reluctantly handed the poet a $50 bill.
The poet accepted it graciously, getting ready to stand up. "Wait!" the scientist shouted, "you can't do this to me! What's the answer?"
The poet looked at the scientist and calmly put a $5 bill into his hand.

A trip to WalMart

A TRIP TO WAL-MART

You are in the middle of a home improvement project at your house.

You are hot and sweaty. Covered in dirt or paint. You have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit... shorts with the hole in crotch, old t-shirt with a stain from who knows what, and an old pair of tennis shoes.

Right in the middle of this great project, you realize you need to run to Wal-Mart to get something to complete the job.

Depending on your age you might do the following:

In your 20's:

Stop what you are doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth, floss, and dress to impress. Check yourself in the mirror and flex.

Add a dab of your favorite cologne because you never know, you just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout lane.

You went to school with the pretty girl running the register.

In your 30's:

Stop what you are doing, put on clean shorts and shirt. Change shoes. You married the hot chick so no need for much else. Wash your hands and comb your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it.

Add a shot of your favorite cologne to cover the smell. The cute girl running the register is the kid sister of someone you went to school with.

In your 40's:

Stop what you are doing. Put a sweatshirt that is long enough to cover the hole in the crotch of your shorts. Put on different shoes and a hat. Wash your hands.

Your bottle of Brut Cologne is almost empty so you don't want to waste any of it on a trip to Wal-Mart. Check yourself in the mirror and do more sucking in than flexing.

The spicy young thing running the register is your daughter's age and you feel weird thinking she is spicy.

In your 50's:

Stop what you are doing. Put a hat on, wipe the dirt off your hands onto your shirt. Change shoes because you don't want to get dirt in your new sports car.

Check yourself in the mirror and you swear not to wear that shirt anymore because it makes you look fat.

The cutie running the register smiles when she sees you coming and you think you still have it.

Then you remember the hat you have on is from your buddy's bait shop and it says, "I Got Worms."

In your 60's:

Stop what you are doing. No need for a hat anymore. Hose off the dog crap off your shoes. The mirror was shattered when you were in your 50's. You hope you have underwear on so nothing hangs out the hole in your pants.

The girl running the register may be cute... but you don't have your glasses on so you are not sure.

In your 70's:

Stop what you are doing. Wait to go to Wal-Mart until they have your prescriptions ready too. Don't even notice the dog crap on your shoes.

The young thing at the register smiles at you because you remind her of her grandfather.

In your 80's:

Stop what you are doing.

Start again.

Then stop again.

Now you remember that you needed to go to Wal-Mart.

Go to Wal-Mart and wander around trying to think what it is you are looking for.

Fart out loud and turn around, thinking someone called out your name.

The old lady that greeted you at the front door went to school with you.

Married Life... Makes My Eyes Tear Up, Such A Happy Ending...

A couple had only been married for two weeks and the husband, although very much in love, couldn't wait to go out on the town and party with his old buddies.

So, he said to his new wife, "Honey, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going, Coochy Coo?" asked the wife.

"I'm going to the bar, Pretty Face," he answered. I'm going to have a beer."

The wife said, "You want a beer, my love?" She opened the door to the refrigerator and showed him 25 different kinds of beer, brands from 12 different countries: Germany, Holland, Japan, India, etc.

The husband didn't know what to do, and the only thing that he could think of saying was, "! Yes, Lollipop... but at the bar... You know... they have frozen glasses... "

He didn't get to finish the sentence, because the wife interrupted him by saying, "You want a frozen glass, Puppy Face?" She took a huge beer mug out of the freezer, so frozen that she was getting chills just holding it.

The husband, looking a bit pale, said, "Yes, Tootsie Roll, but at the bar they have those hors d'oeuvres that are really delicious... I won't be long. I'll be! right back. I promise. OK?"

"You want hors d'oeuvres, Poochie Pooh?" She opened the oven and took out 5 dishes of different hors d'oeuvres: chicken wings, pigs in blankets, mushroom caps, and little quiches.

"But my sweet honey... at the bar. you know there's swearing, dirty words and all that..."

"You want dirty words, Cutie Pie?”

NOW LISTEN UP, CHICKEN$HIT! SIT YOU’RE A$$ DOWN, SHUT THE HELL UP, DRINK YOUR BEER IN YOUR FROZEN MUG AND EAT YOUR HORS D'OEUVRES BECAUSE YOUR MARRIED A$$ ISN'T GOING TO A DAMNED BAR! THAT $HIT IS OVER. GOT IT, JACKA$$?"

and...they lived happily ever after. Isn't that a sweet story?

Why do old people take the dog for a walk?

the dog knows the way home.

In the history of man there have been only three people to ever walk on water:

1. Jesus

jesus-water-31.jpg

2. Peter

Peter_walks_on_water_toward_Jesus.jpg

3. And this guy:

bull.jpg

Subject: Tribal Wisdom

The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians passed on from generation to
generation says that, "When you discover that you are riding a dead horse
the best strategy is to dismount." However in government, education, and in
corporate America, more advanced strategies are often employed including:

1. Buying a stronger whip.

2. Changing riders.

3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

4. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride horses.

5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.

7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.

8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.

9. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase dead horse's
performance.

10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter ri ders would improve the
dead horse's performance.

11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less
costly, carries lower overhead and therefore contributes substantially more
to the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.

12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.

And of course, everyone's favorite:

13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position

These two Irishmen walk out of a bar...

Dude, that's racist! (but funny)

So anyway, time for this dumbass to go down for the count... here's one for ya (I know it's not friday):

The Roman army is marching through Great Britan and they've finally come to Scotland. Not a pretty place for Rome. The general is up at the head of the mass and sees one lone Scotsman on the hill.

"Hey, I'm alone! Come up here! I've got somethin' for ya'!"

So he sends a cadre of soldiers to kill this Godless heathen. They chase him up and over the hill, from which comes much caterwauling and discomfort. No one returns.

The Scotsman reappears on the hill. "Hey, I'm alone! Come up here, I've got somethin' for ya'!"

The Roman general snorts and sends forty of his best troops to kill this bastard of a thousand mothers. They chase him up and over the hill, from which no one returns.

The Scotsman makes his way to the ridge once again and shouts, "Hey, I'm alone! Come up here, I've got somethin' for ya'!"

In disgust, the Roman general sends his entire army, swords and spears ablaze, from which the Scotsman finally retreats behind the hill. There is much consternation over the hill, sounds of battle ring out across the land. Finally, as it dies down the Roman general assumes victory. He congratulates his underlings and passes the wine all around. The empire is after all, victorious.

One lone soldier straggles back, nearly dead but able to deliver the message:

"It was all a lie SIR!. He had an Irishman with him!"

(OK, more of a parable than a joke, so sue me)

A photographer for CNN was assigned to cover southern California's Wildfires last year. He wanted pictures of the heroic work the Firefighters were doing as they battled the blazes. When the photographer arrived on the scene, he realized that the smoke was so thick it would seriously impede, or even make impossible, his getting good photographs from the ground level.

He requested permission from his boss to rent a plane & take photos from the air. His request was approved & he used his cell phone to call the local county airport to charter a flight. He was told a single engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger.

He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, & shouted, "Let's go".

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind & roared down the runway. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, "Fly over the valley & make two or three low passes so I can take some pictures of the fires on the hillsides."

"Why?" asked the pilot.

"Because I'm a photographer for CNN," he responded. "I need to get some close-up shots."

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered, "So, what you're telling me, is you're NOT my flight instructor?"

A farmer stopped by the local mechanic shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.

On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home. While he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane?'

The farmer said, 'Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is very close to that house I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.'

The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'

'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home.

On the way he says 'Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time.'

The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'

The farmer said, 'Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'

The old lady replied, 'Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens.

Re: A trip to WalMart

A TRIP TO WAL-MART

In your 30's:

Stop what you are doing, put on clean shorts and shirt. Change shoes. You married the hot chick so no need for much else. Wash your hands and comb your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it.

Add a shot of your favorite cologne to cover the smell. The cute girl running the register is the kid sister of someone you went to school with.

In your 80's:

Stop what you are doing.

Start again.

Then stop again.

Now you remember that you needed to go to Wal-Mart.

Go to Wal-Mart and wander around trying to think what it is you are looking for.

Funny! I headed out for errands including a sandwich Costco Sunday and pretty much did the above.

I enjoyed the view of lots of pretty girls but they all were married moms. Welcome to suburbia.

A few days ago I was having some work done on my plane at a new FBO that has opened on the field. They are promising lower prices than the other FBO maintenance shop. The way they are doing this is that they are using student mechanics to help with the work. There is this blond A&P trainee that works there and she came in and asked for some seven-hundred-ten. Me and the A&P who supervises the students looked at each other and then the lead A&P asked, "What is seven-hundred-ten?" She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, you open in it up and pour in the 710" She replied that she did not know exactly what the stuff was, but this piece had always been there and she had seen other people pouring bottles of 710 into it and it is clearly marked for 710. The A&P gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like where she pours in the the 710. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to my plane which had its cowl off and asked "is there a 710 on this engine? "She pointed and said, "Of course, it's right here."

Sure as heck there it was plain as day. The 710 opening.

See picture below

Attachments

• 710.jpg
    710.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 26
Haha, I saw that one coming but expected to see an upside down oil bottle.

Happy Anniversary!

A couple were celebrating 50 years together. Their three kids, all very successful, agreed to a Sunday dinner in their honor.

"Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad," gushed son number one, a doctor. "Sorry I'm running late -- had an emergency accident victim in the

operating room at the hospital -- you know how it is. Didn't have time to get you both a present."

"Not to worry," said the dad. "The important thing is that we're all here together today."

Son number two, a CEO of an electronics firm, arrived and announced, "You and Mom still look great, Dad. Just flew in from L.A. from a stockholders' meeting. Didn't have time to get you a present Sorry." "It's no big thing," said the father, "Glad you we re able to be here." Just then the daughter, an insurance broker, arrived. "Hello both of you. Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry I'm late, but I'm going to Europe on an important company insurance issue, and I was really busy packing. Didn't have time to get you guys anything." Again the father said, "I really don't care, at least the five of us are together today."

After they had all finished dessert, the father put down his knife and fork, looked up and said, "Listen up, all three of you. There's something your mother and I have wanted to tell you for a long time. You see, we were very poor. Despite this, we were able to scrimp and save and raise each of you and send you to college. And you've all done very well. All through the years your mother and I knew that we loved each other very much but -- with the work and all, well, we just never found the time to get married."

The three kids gasp and said, "You mean we're all bastards?"

"Yep," said the dad -- "and cheap ones too!"

Sarah hadn’t been to church lately, so her minister thought he’d go pay her a visit and see how the 85 year old church matriarch was doing. He knocked on her door and after a time he heard her spirited voice holler

“Hello, who is it?”

“It’s Reverend Dave”, he answered.

“OH Hi-Come in, Come in, how’s the church doing?” She said.

“Great! The Smith’s had their little baby girl, and Mary and Tom got married- Everything is wonderful. But I just wanted to see how you are doing. We’ve missed you.”

“Well, I haven’t been feeling too well lately. And I had quite the root canal last week- they are trying to save the few survivors.”

Just then the phone rang and she excused herself to get it. The minister sat near a table with an old reader’s digest and a bowl of peanuts. After a few minutes passed,he started flipping through the magazine. After anotehr ten minutes or so, he heard his stomach growl and began to get restless,so he started in on the bowl of peanut while he read. After a while,he suddenly realized that he had eaten the whole bowl of peanuts.

Just then Sarah returned and said, “Oh I sure am sorry, that was my sister from Pittsburgh. She only calls once per month so when she does we have to catch up on everything.” The minister, feeling a little embarrassed, said “I must also apologize. While you were gone I got hungry and ate all the peanuts in your little bowl there.
Mrs. Jones replied, “Oh that’s ok. Since the root canal, the best I can do is suck all the chocolate off of ‘em!”​

Back