KICKOFF!!

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
Wheee! College football has begun!

I’m sitting in our family room, sipping a nice cab and watching Purdue battle the boys from state pen, errr, I mean Penn State. The Boilermakers are up by 3 at the moment. Lots of good games over the next few days.

My beloved Ga Tech Yellowjackets don’t start the season until Monday night, taking on Clemson. I’m not very hopeful, but I’ll be watching. I’ve been getting trash-talk emails from my Clemson friends all week.

Let the games begin!

I went to BC the year after Flutie graduated. BC played BYU in the kickoff classic in the Meadowlands to commence the '85 football season. We were able to attend the game on the way to Boston. Fond memories of the start of that season.

The Mean Green are already 1-0 after knocking off UTEP last week. It's rare we start a season with a win.

Wheee! College football has begun!

I’m sitting in our family room, sipping a nice cab and watching Purdue battle the boys from state pen, errr, I mean Penn State. The Boilermakers are up by 3 at the moment. Lots of good games over the next few days.

My beloved Ga Tech Yellowjackets don’t start the season until Monday night, taking on Clemson. I’m not very hopeful, but I’ll be watching. I’ve been getting trash-talk emails from my Clemson friends all week.

Let the games begin!
How'd that game work out?

if you are VFR and can’t see a big 30,000+ capacity stadium lit up surrounded by motor homes and cars before 3 SM maybe the eye doc is in order.

Putting up TFRs for stadiums is silly anyway, as there isn't a reaction force quick enough to stop someone from flying into one or firebombing it. It's not like we have F-16s loitering around waiting for someone to bust a stadium TFR with their bugsmasher.

Putting up TFRs for stadiums is silly anyway, as there isn't a reaction force quick enough to stop someone from flying into one or firebombing it. It's not like we have F-16s loitering around waiting for someone to bust a stadium TFR with their bugsmasher.

The only threat the stadium TFRs exist for is to protect the team owners’ profit margin against someone flying an ad that they don’t snake a hefty fee for. It’d be a hoot if an advertising group got together and hired some large plane to orbit at 3001 AGL towing a quarter mile long banner.

Yes, but safety isn’t the purpose, just the excuse. The purpose is to keep out free advertising in the form of banner tows and skywriting.

My favorite time of year! Everyone is undefeated and the trash talk is at its peak. :D

Cosmic payback for being around in the 1990s, I suppose.

FbLkteTUYAArXkb copy.jpg

Edit: I believe the original may have been too subtle. I think the graphics editor may have been an Auburn grad (where the N stands for noledge).

Last edited:
12 team playoff was just voted in.

if you are VFR and can’t see a big 30,000+ capacity stadium lit up surrounded by motor homes and cars before 3 SM maybe the eye doc is in order.

Think bigger. Where I watch da boys play it’s 100,000!

The only threat the stadium TFRs exist for is to protect the team owners’ profit margin against someone flying an ad that they don’t snake a hefty fee for. It’d be a hoot if an advertising group got together and hired some large plane to orbit at 3001 AGL towing a quarter mile long banner.

Who exactly owns the Alabama crimson tide and the Georgia bull dogs?

If you look up football's all time boneheaded plays...
The team is starting to play better overall, so I guess we had to find a different way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The don’t play football on your runway, don’t bother their game. Sounds fair to me.

Stadium TFRs have nothing to do with “not bothering their game”. They exist to protect ad revenue, whether it’s a privately-owned team or a taxpayer-funded college that pockets enormous sums from football income.

Of course, these days it wouldn’t be one lone Stearman towing a Coors banner around. It would be several dozen drones buzzing all over, towing banners, streaming video, etc.

Stadium TFRs have nothing to do with “not bothering their game”. They exist to protect ad revenue, whether it’s a privately-owned team or a taxpayer-funded college that pockets enormous sums from football income.
The sports stadium TFR exists as a remnant of regulations enacted after the 911 attacks. I don’t believe an aviation lobby has ever petitioned the FAA to remove the regulation.

If you want an example of a TFR that only exists for the profit, it is the TFR over Disney properties that exist 365 days a year. The TFR over professional and college football at best are a minor inconvenience.

The sports stadium TFR exists as a remnant of regulations enacted after the 911 attacks. I don’t believe an aviation lobby has ever petitioned the FAA to remove the regulation.

If you want an example of a TFR that only exists for the profit, it is the TFR over Disney properties that exist 365 days a year. The TFR over professional and college football at best are a minor inconvenience.

They’re unnecessary and only a rube would actually believe they’re there for safety. Without a valid reason to either protect public safety (other aircraft or the folks on the ground), or improve aviation efficiency, the government should not impose any restrictions on when and where we can fly.

They’re unnecessary and only a rube would actually believe they’re there for safety. Without a valid reason to either protect public safety (other aircraft or the folks on the ground), or improve aviation efficiency, the government should not impose any restrictions on when and where we can fly.

Agreed. We need a new amendment:

A robust aviation transportation system being essential to the health and prosperity of a free republic, the right of the people to keep and fly aircraft shall not be infringed.

Agreed. We need a new amendment:

A robust aviation transportation system being essential to the health and prosperity of a free republic, the right of the people to keep and fly aircraft shall not be infringed.:stirpot:
Yes. I want me an F-35. Armed.:stirpot:

EDIT: I just found out you can add a smiley to the quote you replied to. Don’t seem like you should be able to do that. @Half Fast didn’t put that pot stir there in his. I did

Last edited:
Yes. I want me an F-35. Armed.:stirpot:

EDIT: I just found out you can add a smiley to the quote you replied to. Don’t seem like you should be able to do that. @Half Fast didn’t put that pot stir there in his. I did

edit demo: of course you should be able to...

actually, you can completely change the quoted text...see the green text I added to your post...

Back