KICKOFF!!

Numerically you’re right. But assuming one is going to get rid of the coach and not the program, I can think of better ways of spending fifteen million bucks (or even $7.5M) than giving it to what has turned out to be the coach with the worst record in at least 60 years.

Yeah, I know. Contracts, attracting talent, blah blah blah. Still sticks in one’s craw. Guarantee if you or I produced the worst result anyone living could remember, we wouldn’t walk away with more than enough to never have to work another day in our lives, and still be able to give a couple mil to charity. Or spend it on hookers and blow.

True. Buyouts are ridiculous.

Well OU took care of business in Lincoln, so I'm a happy camper. Start conference play next weekend with K-State. Venebles has laid a solid fountain to build on.

I'm biased, but, I'm thinking App State is the most exciting program this year.

Kind of like kicking *** at the Special Olympics, though, wasn’t it?
The past few years OU has had a habit of letting lesser competitors hang around long enough in a game to cause an upset. I don't even take the Special Olympics wins for granted!

Nebraska needs to find an identity sooner rather than later. I'm not sure which potential coach is going to be able to provide that for them.

Just watched UCF vs Ga Tech. Collins has got to go. This is just sad.
Georgia Tech calls special meeting of athletic board, could affect Geoff Collins (ajc.com)

A special meeting of the Georgia Tech Athletic Association board has been called for Monday afternoon, a school spokesman told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Sunday morning.

He did not disclose details of the meeting, but it’s a strong indication that a decision about a change in the leadership of the football program has been made. That could be mean either athletic director Todd Stansbury or coach Geoff Collins.

A friend of mine, who is also a huge GT fan said "at least they didn't dither".
I replied that they dithered at least one season too long. You were 100% correct when you said they should have done it before the season started. I guess it was that buyout that caused them to pause on the trigger.

First game without Collins and Ga Tech manages a win over a ranked team. Tech 26, Pitt 21.

Fluke? Coincidence? Better play calling? Inspired players? Who cares?! It’s a win and not an embarrassment so I’ll take it!

First game without Collins and Ga Tech manages a win over a ranked team. Tech 26, Pitt 21.

Fluke? Coincidence? Better play calling? Inspired players? Who cares?! It’s a win and not an embarrassment so I’ll take it!
Can't say the same for the Sooners. Looking like a bunch of lost kids out there! Next week is gong to be ugly against UTerus.

Can't say the same for the Sooners. Looking like a bunch of lost kids out there! Next week is gong to be ugly against UTerus.

(notso)Funny thing. Two weeks ago against KState, my wife said Venables and his coaching staff need to calm down and set the tone for the team or somebody’s going to get hurt.

Then there was yesterday.

As for next weekend, UT isn’t exactly playing all that well and has injuries too, but you what they say….

If God wasn’t a Longhorn, then why’d he make the sunset burnt orange?

I hadn't heard that before. Pretty darned funny. I lived in Austin for a short period gaining an appreciation for the rivalry.
Even better when the longhorn is superimposed on that portion of the female anatomy.

b33d955a6c1e785af0b9fc48ebdc7353.jpg

Hook'em!

ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks!

Hook'em!

ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks! ou sucks!
Tell us how you really feel.

Hook'em!

UT hates OU so much that they named their stadium after an Oklahoma native and former OU quarterback . . . Lol.

Yeowch.!!!

I am guessing no participation trophies were handed out.??

It was a payback game for a baseball game previously played between the schools. Jon Bois did a great video of it on youtube.

43284733_10106899320827647_6500837176098422784_n.jpg

Another fan favorite from 2012 OU/TX when Big Tex lit himself on fire rather than deal with the emotions of a 63-21 OU victory.

^^^ hahahaha! That's a good one. But ou still sucks!

Gameday is at Kansas/TCU. We live in crazy times, my friends!

Even better when the longhorn is superimposed on that portion of the female anatomy.
Thanks so much! I'm watching the game right now. Hopefully this is not permanent, but, I no longer see a longhorn, allI see is a uterus.

Last edited:
I’m still trying to (re)adjust my brain to having seen Nebraska win two conference games in a row. Crazy times indeed.

Wow! It looks like we may have a football team again!

upload_2022-10-8_19-45-32.png

GT was ahead the entire game until Duke scored a TD with 0:13 left in the 4Q to tie it up. GT then pulled it out with a FG in OT.

Tech at least now has an even record at 3-3. Last week's win over Pitt might have been a fluke, but two wins in a row over strong teams makes it pretty clear that Collins was the problem and sacking him was the right move, long overdue.

GT's next game is against Va Tech on Oct 20. Pitt beat VT pretty soundly today, so it will be interesting to see how GT does with them, given that GT already beat Pitt.

Boy, it's nice to see the Jackets winning some games!
:happydance: :goofy:

Back