KICKOFF!!

Wow. Ga. Tech beats Duke in OT.

Who’d a thunk that firing a coach could yield such results?

Wow. Ga. Tech beats Duke in OT.

Who’d a thunk that firing a coach could yield such results?

I suspect Key has had changes in mind for quite a while but couldn’t get them past Collins. He didn’t figure this all out in a week’s time.

I'm just happy OU didn't lose to Kansas at home, lol. Seeing the Vols (and ex-OU QB and offensive coord Josh Heupel) get a win against Saban is always great. I've only been to one game at Neyland Stadium, but it was a blast. I bet they partied until the wee hours after their win over 'Bama. Seeing Riley lose at USC to Utah was some icing on the cake (Cam Rising is a pretty solid athlete for Utah).

I got money that says Michigan will find a way to **** the bed against Sparty this weekend. They always find a way to mess up a season.

We call Texas Tech the cockroaches, because they essentially exist to just screw up other people's seasons - never doing anything of value for themselves. So we'd be having a good season just to get beat by Tech. "Dammit - roached again!"

Whoo hoo!! Ga Tech over Va Tech by one point! With a freshman QB to boot.

My other alma maters did okay, too:
UCF over Memphis 35-28
Samford over VMI 34-15

It’s been a good Saturday. :D

Whoo hoo!! Ga Tech over Va Tech by one point! With a freshman QB to boot.

My other alma maters did okay, too:
UCF over Memphis 35-28
Samford over VMI 34-15

It’s been a good Saturday. :D
Except that Ga.Won. Again. :(

Top 10 got quite a shake-up this weekend. OU takes another L, so they're fighting just to be bowl eligible even though I don't believe there should be bowls for any team outside the Top 25.

Nuff said..

36963244-9063553-image-a-27_1608218118028.jpg

I figured that and must have given Brian Kelly another reason to smile last night.

I figured that and must have given Brian Kelly another reason to smile last night.
Dang. The plot thickens. I was gonna say Notre Dame got rid of his azz last year. But whadda ya know, he quit and went to LSU. Hmm. Ya think any chance for an LSU vs Notre Dame Bowl Game??

The Bucks win again, though in somewhat uninspiring fashion against a 1 in 7 team. Oh well, the driving rain and wind might have had something to do with it.

The Bucks win again, though in somewhat uninspiring fashion against a 1 in 7 team. Oh well, the driving rain and wind might have had something to do with it.

That doesn't explain why Northwestern outgained OSU in yardage, time of possession, firstdowns. I guess the wind only has an effect on 1 team.

That doesn't explain why Northwestern outgained OSU in yardage, time of possession, firstdowns. I guess the wind only has an effect on 1 team.
Northwestern concentrated on their running game, which is less effected by things like wind and rain. Apparently the OSU defense wasn't up to the task. In the meantime the OSU offense, which is far more predicated to the passing game, was having trouble partly due to the conditions, but as well due to some missing talent. My guess is that the failure of the passing game meant that the Northwestern Defensive line had an easier time defending the run. Why OSU didn't is beyond me.

That thought never crossed my mind but would be interesting.

I would love to see Marcus curb stomp Kelly. I can't believe that smug a-hole found a way to beat alabama. He hasn't been a Saban coach team like ever.

Unfortunately, I also don't think that's the way that matchup would go down.

Which call(s) did I miss over the weekend?

Nothing in particular. I'm just getting frustrated with the pace of games when it seems like every other down goes to review. I don't have any firm data, but I bet the average time to play a game has increased by 30 minutes or more.

I say reviews should be limited to 30 seconds and can only be replayed in real time speed. None of this 8K 100,000 fps frame by frame review to see if a blade of grass was between a show and the OB line.

I’d like to see officials get ejected if their call is overturned by replay.

I’d like to see officials get ejected if their call is overturned by replay.

I like that idea, but the reviewing official would never overturn another play.

How about a Jack Welch approach? At the end of each season, we list the officials in order of overturned calls, then remove the bottom 10%.

I like that idea, but the reviewing official would never overturn another play.

How about a Jack Welch approach? At the end of each season, we list the officials in order of overturned calls, then remove the bottom 10%.

only if you can show that the officials replacing those bottom 10% would be better.

Back