Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

We have booked the hotel, the plane is ready, we bring the 9... get the party started!! :goofy:

We have booked the hotel, the plane is ready, we bring the 9... get the party started!! :goofy:
I have not kept up with your stable of aircraft. What will you be flying down?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It appears that we (mostly @eman1200) have created a legit fly-in.
Hopefully the thing that should not be mentioned is not an issue and hopefully it is cool enough to be a repeatable event.

Considering the group, I imagine this is going to be a great one.

It appears that we (mostly @eman1200) have created a legit fly-in.
Hopefully the thing that should not be mentioned is not an issue and hopefully it is cool enough to be a repeatable event.

Considering the group, I imagine this is going to be a great one.

not sure if I did anything but we're up to 20 confirmed!

I have not kept up with your stable of aircraft. What will you be flying down?

The Mooney will have the honors to bring us to M34. The Zenith is still under construction. We hope to start the 40 hours flight testing phase by the end of this year, though. :)

I'm booked.

giphy.gif

Sad news. I’m unbooked. I have family business to attand to regarding my late father and that must take priority. I really wanted to be in on Kentucky Dam #1!

Sorry to hear that John. You will be missed.

Darn, no fishing partner. We are still planning to go but realize that the hearing on the 23rd could potential change all that. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't

Sad news. I’m unbooked. I have family business to attand to regarding my late father and that must take priority. I really wanted to be in on Kentucky Dam #1!

Awww man, could you at least send Susan? Just like dinner a couple of weeks ago, we don't care if you don't show up, just as long as Susan does! :cool:

Last edited:
Awww man, could you at least send Karen? Just like dinner a couple of weeks ago, we don't care if you don't show up, just as long as Karen does! :cool:

It appears your phone auto corrected Susan to Karen LOL

I’ll be traveling back from work from Toronto Fri 4/27 and if I can swing it, may show up Saturday and stay overnight. No room booked yet though.

Darn, no fishing partner. We are still planning to go but realize that the hearing on the 23rd could potential change all that. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't

WHAT!?! First you lure us to the fly in and than you chicken out? ;) It would be a real bummer if you and Miss J wouldn‘t get the low flying RV down to KY!

Last edited:
Do you all see what she did there, Lure to go with fishing!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

April fools???

Gonna miss ya JCrizzle, but that's life.

Cowman, you can plan to attend the fly-in upon your return! :)

Last edited:
So, you guys are gonna kill me....... I was flying along on my way out west towards Cali and I looked at my sectional, looked out the window, and.... well this is the dam dam. View attachment 61606

Well, I'll be dammed. You dam sure flew right over the dammed dam. Too much? I'll stop.

Pretty cool, Cowman.

Now wait just a dam minute. I'm just a simple redneck, but if my 4 grade geography lessons taught me anything, I'm gonna say you need to turn around if you're trying to get to Californ-i-a.

Last edited:
Well, I'll be dammed. You dam sure flew right over the dammed dam. Too much? I'll stop.

Pretty cool, Cowman.

Now wait just a dam minute. I'm just a simple redneck, but if my 4 grade geography lessons taught me anything, I'm gonna say you need to turn around if you're trying to get to Californ-i-a.

You should have continued on to fifth grade.

Oh crap is California on the East coast? I've been flying west all day

You should have continued on to fifth grade.

Oh crap is California on the East coast? I've been flying west all day

Hahah! Yeah, I should have gone to fifth grade!! Man, when I looked at your pic my brain saw the dam, and the trailing edge of a wing, which would put you heading east. My eyeballs are so used to looking at Cessna wings, which of course taper on the back, I had to look for a minute to see that I'm looking at the leading edge of a wing. What a retard I am!!! I just thought you circled back around for a pic or something.

Enjoy a good laugh at my expense. I earned it. I'm here all week!!! :D

Getting Closer; I have scheduled Mx on the RV for next week. Will be first outing and just hoping it is warm enough to de-winterize it and put water in the tanks. Also found out that the hearing on the 23rd is not the last. I am assuming the third one will be about a month later so hoping it does not interfere with the trip.

Someone is talking smack on the google sheet.

And.. I only noticed it because I just booked the Cardinal for this trip. I'll decide which plane to fly there as the date approaches. I have that luxury.

So, then how do I spell smartass with a Y?

Just a thought, which is rare for me: Do you think we need to book a tee time in advance? Seems like that is a busy weekend for the park, judging by the lodging availability, or lack thereof.

If we have very many golfers, I'd be game for a scramble. That way we can maybe all play together. Otherwise, if we have more than 4-5, well have to split up. Also, if we decide a tee time is needed, perhaps we should indicate on the roster if we intend to play. I'm for whatever. Just thinking out loud.

BTW, @Ravioli , since it appears the Br-Y-an has also been messed with on the Google sheet, I would assume it's not him.

I haven't even looked at it?
Give me the link so I can see what someone has done.
Eman or someone added me.

Back