Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

When we say "hotel", do we really mean the lodge at Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park?

The place has hotel rooms on site but also cottages and campsites. But I think there are also other hotels in the area. I ’think’ most people who booked a hotel room are onsite.

The place has hotel rooms on site but also cottages and campsites. But I think there are also other hotels in the area. I ’think’ most people who booked a hotel room are onsite.

Onsite at the main lodge or Village Green Lodge? (I know, I'm high maintenance)

OK, I'll book the main for now.

I’m in the main lodge.

Hmm I have some boom sticks. Are we talking handheld boomsticks or long ones?

here's their response when I emailed them some questions, including one I've explained below his response:

"Good Morning, Thank you for your interest in Grand Rivers Shooting Range, We would be glad to have you and your friends to join us at the range. I would like to let you know that we are mostly a pistol range. GRSR is nestled on the banks of the Tennessee river so we only have 25 yards. We have invented a shooting sport that we call Metal Madness. Please visit our website at mmssa.net and watch some of our videos to help you better understand our game. We do have a 38 special or smaller handgun limit on the Metal Madness game and only 22 rifles can be used. We do have 5 lanes of paper targets where any hand gun caliber can be shot and up to 30 caliber rifle on the Paper only. We do have a wall of 22LR pistols and rifles that can be rented for $10.00 each.

Because we are Christians we welcome almost anyone as long as they are safe on the range. We hope it works out for you to visit us. I would like to let you know that we are closed on Sundays and the 1st and 3rd Saturdays we host a Metal Madness match that everyone is welcome to attend. Please let me know what days you would like to be on the range. "

their website has several references to them being a Christian organization. so when I emailed them I said "we have one Jewish guy in the group, is he allowed in? would he get his own shooting stall away from everyone else?" hahah, so I'm a little confused with his response of welcoming "almost anyone".

EDIT: I'm bringing my 9mm just in case we go.

It's just yocal speak. He's reserving the right to remove anyone obnoxious basically. I'll toss in my 9mm as well, it won't take up much room.

The plane is filling up: camping cot, cooler of beer (even though I don't drink), golf clubs and now guns & ammo. If I get the all clear from my recovering wife, I'll fly in Friday AM and out Sunday AM and hope to either camp under the wing or nudge into a campground somewhere (that's what the beer is for). Oh, and I only buy local craft brewed beer.

Maybe the weather will improve by then. We've been in a wet pattern here the last month. First week of April looks no different

T minus one month.

cgrab is already packed.

I'm prepping my liver.

6er has installed a bilge pump in the grumman.

kayoh is reading "how to romance farm animals".

will YOU be ready?

T minus one month.

cgrab is already packed.

I'm prepping my liver.

6er has installed a bilge pump in the grumman.

kayoh is reading "how to romance farm animals".

will YOU be ready?

Take an extra oil funnel and repurpose into a beer bong

D***! A gun range too? If I only I had known that, I’d would have scuttled my other plans. Not that meeting other assorted loonies and fine folks from POA wouldn’t be worthwhile.

Cheers

It's a problem that need a solution. If I have pax that can't swim they don't get to fly with me

Are you planning on a water landing?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Have you taken to slobbering a lot, of late?

Nah. Ya know how if you say I am thinking about buying a Cirrus, someone comes along and says somethign about parachutes?
When you say "Im thinking about getting a grumman" someone will chime in with "You are going to get wet getting in and out of that thing in the rain"

I got the best of both worlds

At least you have access to flying machines

Do Grummans leak when the canopy is closed?

In RV terms, the difference between the Tip Ups and the Sliders is whether you prefer the leak in the front or the back.

Do Grummans leak when the canopy is closed?

In RV terms, the difference between the Tip Ups and the Sliders is whether you prefer the leak in the front or the back.

Fine I conceed!!!! Dammit!

I got in my plane to fly home from Gastons last year after that HUGE storm that came through and there was water in the plane.
And yes it had been closed and locked.

It leaks It is leaky. Its a leaking leaky plane.

FINE!!!!! YOU WIN POA!!!!!!!!!!!

20171015_101409-459x816-jpg.57132

I need to replace a seal. It wasn't designed to be leaky.

Fine I conceed!!!! Dammit!

I got in my plane to fly home from Gastons last year after that HUGE storm that came through and there was water in the plane.
And yes it had been closed and locked.

It leaks It is leaky. Its a leaking leaky plane.

FINE!!!!! YOU WIN POA!!!!!!!!!!!

20171015_101409-459x816-jpg.57132

I hear they're hard to start when flooded

here's their response when I emailed them some questions, including one I've explained below his response:

"Good Morning, Thank you for your interest in Grand Rivers Shooting Range, We would be glad to have you and your friends to join us at the range. I would like to let you know that we are mostly a pistol range. GRSR is nestled on the banks of the Tennessee river so we only have 25 yards. We have invented a shooting sport that we call Metal Madness. Please visit our website at mmssa.net and watch some of our videos to help you better understand our game. We do have a 38 special or smaller handgun limit on the Metal Madness game and only 22 rifles can be used. We do have 5 lanes of paper targets where any hand gun caliber can be shot and up to 30 caliber rifle on the Paper only. We do have a wall of 22LR pistols and rifles that can be rented for $10.00 each.

Because we are Christians we welcome almost anyone as long as they are safe on the range. We hope it works out for you to visit us. I would like to let you know that we are closed on Sundays and the 1st and 3rd Saturdays we host a Metal Madness match that everyone is welcome to attend. Please let me know what days you would like to be on the range. "

their website has several references to them being a Christian organization. so when I emailed them I said "we have one Jewish guy in the group, is he allowed in? would he get his own shooting stall away from everyone else?" hahah, so I'm a little confused with his response of welcoming "almost anyone".

EDIT: I'm bringing my 9mm just in case we go.

Man, this whole town...

I called the titty bar and got the same response.

Cool, I'll bring my 9 and a few boxes of ammo as well. Maybe even bring the CX4 Storm, it's chambered for 9 as well.

Back