Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

I promise I didn't futz with the spreadsheet

Alright I found it.
Wasn't me. I did update my distance though. 499 miles. Imma fly a wide pattern so I get that extra mile.

People will say about me "He would really go the extra mile"

Starting to get real. This'll be my first fly-in in about 10 years. I stopped flying in '09 and just jumped back in by buying a '47 Tcraft. Got a BFR/IPC checkout in the local club's F33A and got most of the rust off. Next week is time in a flight school BC12-D and the following week I'm off to NC to pick up my bird. First trip will be to Kentucky.

Woo-hoo!

I already have my spot booked on Emans couch.
He wont be there the following week and it will be awkward for whomever is.

Plus there’s no refunds on the strippers that I’ve booked to show up at tmyers’ campsite.

Those guys are hot too

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Plans with the missus have firmed up. We will be in NW Alabama, at a state park, admiring glow worms in the trees with our car club . . . .

So, @mscard88 , it seems you will need to find another ride. We live in the same state, it shouldn't be too hard to arrange a lunch meet or something.

See you another time, JD! Deborah enjoys keeping up with the twins on FB.

I don't know yet. The Mooney was sold. I have access to a few 172's. A coworker has said in the past that he would let me borrow his Grumman Cheetah, so maybe I'll see if he actually meant it. I've got a few higher priced options if all else fails.

There are things of the mind that are unseen in the real world that should remain that way. When things seen in the mind bleed over to the real world, well, it ain't pretty. That's all I have to say about that.

There are things of the mind that are unseen in the real world that should remain that way. When things seen in the mind bleed over to the real world, well, it ain't pretty. That's all I have to say about that.

I have a feeling that the Kentucky Dam Fly-in will have a lot of that going on.

Just a thought, which is rare for me: Do you think we need to book a tee time in advance? Seems like that is a busy weekend for the park, judging by the lodging availability, or lack thereof.

If we have very many golfers, I'd be game for a scramble. That way we can maybe all play together. Otherwise, if we have more than 4-5, well have to split up. Also, if we decide a tee time is needed, perhaps we should indicate on the roster if we intend to play. I'm for whatever. Just thinking out loud.....

I am also just thinking out loud.....people are probably getting in at various times on thursday (the majority of us are) so thurs might be tough. saturday the talk was about flying to that bbq place, although obviously nothing is set in stone and people can do whatever they want. sunday peeps go home. so according to my math the most likely day for a round of golf is on friday, with saturday a close second if we bail on the bbq. someone please check my math.

I added @Dave Theisen to the spreadsheet, although I'm not 100% sure of his real name. that brings us to 21 peeps, 10ish planes. it's not too late to book!

You got it right. Bonus points to those that remember the Theisen is pronounced like Tyson. :)

Would it be worth it to fly in Sat and leave Sun? I have business in Canada and will not be home until Fri.

Would it be worth it to fly in Sat and leave Sun? I have business in Canada and will not be home until Fri.
It would be worth it to fly in Sat, and leave Sat.
This is going to be the fly in to top all fly ins

That is what @eman1200 keeps texting me.
I think he is planing something big.

Only you can decide that. However, I doubt you could come up with a cooler way to spend those hours. Just sayin.

I am also just thinking out loud.....people are probably getting in at various times on thursday (the majority of us are) so thurs might be tough. saturday the talk was about flying to that bbq place, although obviously nothing is set in stone and people can do whatever they want. sunday peeps go home. so according to my math the most likely day for a round of golf is on friday, with saturday a close second if we bail on the bbq. someone please check my math.

I concur. And again, I'm up for whatever.

BTW, @eman1200 I need you to bring your guit-fiddle. Gonna need some accomp....accompni......accompaniment.

Just bring a 12 string, it’ll be like 2 people are playing at once! Honestly I don’t see bringing my axe. I prefer to suck at guitar in only one state at a time.

Just bring a 12 string, it’ll be like 2 people are playing at once! Honestly I don’t see bringing my axe. I prefer to suck at guitar in only one state at a time.

Dang. I suck too. Let's suck together in Kentucky.........er.........wait...........

Hmmm do I hear a guitar and a banjo playing in the background,

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Let two geetar greats show y'all how it's done!

Back