Just had a TOL Eval. Went pretty badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so much confusion here. One guy thinks I'm young another thinks I'm retired? I plainly stated my age

There's so much confusion here. One guy thinks I'm young another thinks I'm retired? I plainly stated my age
Because no one has ever lied about anything on a web forum....
30a.jpeg

Btw I quit. But they want me back. I refused. I want to be out of aviation.

Hmmm, they want you back? Could it be that all your rantings and mind readings were wrong?????? No, they must be trying to trick you.

Hmmm, they want you back? Could it be that all your rantings and mind readings were wrong?????? No, they must be trying to trick you.

They said I did everything right but I shouldn't let the pressure get to me. I think it's bs.i must have done it all wrong, even though on the Eval score I only got 1 item wrong out of 7. I'm not fit for aviation.

They said I did everything right but I shouldn't let the pressure get to me. I think it's bs.i must have done it all wrong, even though on the Eval score I only got 1 item wrong out of 7. I'm not fit for aviation.

You know what else you suck at....sarcasm.

With how you described the eval ride, if you only got dinged on 1 area out of 7, that instructor who hated your guts was a lot nicer to you than my instructor ever was to me. Even though my instructor would rank very high on a "nice and supporting instructors" list.

Also, are you 29 or have you been posting on the internet since 1999?

With how you described the eval ride, if you only got dinged on 1 area out of 7, that instructor who hated your guts was a lot nicer to you than my instructor ever was to me. Even though my instructor would rank very high on a "nice and supporting instructors" list.

Also I think I'll just go back since they want me back. I'll take it seriously guys and report back. Let's see how it goes. Wish me luck. Seriously, I'll be focused always from now on in flying first. I kind of forgot about aviator navigate communicate that day, it had never happened before. I'm usually aware of the pattern, but that day I was too focused trying to think if I had offended him somehow. Probably cuz I mentioned once I was vegan,and he told me hed "change me back". Well there, I think I found a key factor here. Damn it why did I mention that. Another student asked me what I eat for lunch and I had to blurt it out. Damn it. It's true vegans have to mention they're vegan

Yea we were early internet adopters using that horrendous modem with that awful sound. But back then that sound meant you were being taken to another world. Those were the days

Absolutely. Those were the days when parents stopped parenting and let the internet do it for them...

I basically was independent from age 7. Used to walk to school a mile then take a bus. Sometimes id have to use public transport like subways and busses to get to school, then walked to after school program, came home, did my homework, went outside to play real football (soccer in America) with teens and adults 2-5 times my age. I was extremely independent. This was in Europe though. Austria. Whatever let's close this thread

I basically was independent from age 7. Used to walk to school a mile then take a bus. Sometimes id have to use public transport like subways and busses to get to school, then walked to after school program, came home, did my homework, went outside to play real football (soccer in America) with teens and adults 2-5 times my age. I was extremely independent. This was in Europe though. Austria. Whatever let's close this thread

Like I said.

Like I said.

So being independent at a young age and healthy and exercising daily and being social and having a life, is bad? But kids today growing up with mommy and daddy dropping them off to school from age 4-5 to like 18 sometimes even up to end of college, who get picked up, come home, and are online all day and don't go out, is bad?

Except it’s probably not a millennial; more like some retired guy with nothing better to do than to stir the $***pot while pretending to be the millennial they so loathe.
Stinky bait was very stinky, but sure hooked a lot of fish.
Nailed it.

Even if you're finally telling the truth, that still doesn't explain how you've been posting online since age 5. And pray tell, where have you been posting online since age 5? I assume it hasn't been aviation forums this entire time? And when did you find time to do all this, since you were so busy outside and walking miles to school every day? Maybe over the glass of port and cigar after dinner?

So being independent at a young age and healthy and exercising daily and being social and having a life, is bad? But kids today growing up with mommy and daddy dropping them off to school from age 4-5 to like 18 sometimes even up to end of college, who get picked up, come home, and are online all day and don't go out, is bad?

It isn't healthy for a 5 year old to have no parental supervision. Nor is it healthy for a 7 year old, a 10 year old, or a 15 year old. There are definitely helicopter parents that are way too overprotective, but there are also parents that need to be much more involved in their children's lives than they are.

I am surprised you are still here, though. I was sure you'd said you were leaving and all that jazz at least three times already.

Quite frankly, @ImAParrot, I'm surprised that you've stuck around this long. Between the negative interaction with the evaluator, and the largely negative feedback here, I'd probably have bailed a while ago. Let me set aside your disparaging comments toward members of this community, and give you a brief synopsis of the major things observed through the last 5 pages:

1. Conditions of flight and conditions of evaluation are seldom ideal and will frequently change. You are at a stage in your aviation journey (pre-solo) where you haven't spent much time in ANY kind of conditions, favorable or unfavorable. Your total time means that there is a lot you haven't seen. Your instructor, evaluator, and the majority of this community has seen a great deal more than you, so what to them/us may seem innocuous, you may find challenging (ie. 8-12kt winds). That in and of itself is not bad. It is just indicative of your experience level. If you were saying that at 200 hours, that would be more concerning.

2. The attitude you displayed in your initial post could easily have been written off as elevated emotions due to a stressful encounter. However, the way you have continued to interact with this community does raise concerns. As a CFI, if I observed these attitudes, I would address them as hazardous. If they persisted, I would probably would (as some here have) encourage you to find a different hobby/profession. The way you handle stress is incredibly important. As you progress through your training, the stress level doesn't go down. It may change forms (weather, depth of knowledge, etc.) but it is still there, so as those who might be sharing airspace with you, it is a red flag.

3. Based on some of your posts, it's hard to discern whether you quit or went back. If indeed you went back, I would encourage you to debrief every flight. Make yourself a check sheet of skills and stressors.
- How did I do on my landings?
- How did I do on maintaining runway centerline on takeoff?
- How did I do at maintaining altitude and airspeed?
- What stressors did I encounter during my flight?
- How did I deal with each of those stressors?
- What can I do to deal with each of those stressors better the next time?
- What specific aspects do I want to improve on during my next flight?
- What can I do between now and then to prepare mentally for improvement?
- What measurable objectives will I used to evaluate whether I improved or not?

In any case, what the aviation community wants is safe pilots. If you are not currently a safe pilot, whether due to skills that still need developed, attitude concerns, or health matters, we want one of two things: we want you to improve, or we don't want you flying. If you are willing to improve your skills, attitudes, and in some cases, your health, then we're all for it, and you will find a wonderful group of people who are willing to help you accomplish that goal. If you are unwilling to, or unable to improve in those areas, then we wish you the best of luck in your other endeavors.

Aviation is in many ways what you make of it. Right now, it seems that you are making aviation a negative in your life. Don't let aviation do that. Either work hard to make it a positive, or make the decision to choose something else before this drags you down even more.

In any case, blue skies!

Quite frankly, @ImAParrot, I'm surprised that you've stuck around this long. Between the negative interaction with the evaluator, and the largely negative feedback here, I'd probably have bailed a while ago. Let me set aside your disparaging comments toward members of this community, and give you a brief synopsis of the major things observed through the last 5 pages:

1. Conditions of flight and conditions of evaluation are seldom ideal and will frequently change. You are at a stage in your aviation journey (pre-solo) where you haven't spent much time in ANY kind of conditions, favorable or unfavorable. Your total time means that there is a lot you haven't seen. Your instructor, evaluator, and the majority of this community has seen a great deal more than you, so what to them/us may seem innocuous, you may find challenging (ie. 8-12kt winds). That in and of itself is not bad. It is just indicative of your experience level. If you were saying that at 200 hours, that would be more concerning.

2. The attitude you displayed in your initial post could easily have been written off as elevated emotions due to a stressful encounter. However, the way you have continued to interact with this community does raise concerns. As a CFI, if I observed these attitudes, I would address them as hazardous. If they persisted, I would probably would (as some here have) encourage you to find a different hobby/profession. The way you handle stress is incredibly important. As you progress through your training, the stress level doesn't go down. It may change forms (weather, depth of knowledge, etc.) but it is still there, so as those who might be sharing airspace with you, it is a red flag.

3. Based on some of your posts, it's hard to discern whether you quit or went back. If indeed you went back, I would encourage you to debrief every flight. Make yourself a check sheet of skills and stressors.
- How did I do on my landings?
- How did I do on maintaining runway centerline on takeoff?
- How did I do at maintaining altitude and airspeed?
- What stressors did I encounter during my flight?
- How did I deal with each of those stressors?
- What can I do to deal with each of those stressors better the next time?
- What specific aspects do I want to improve on during my next flight?
- What can I do between now and then to prepare mentally for improvement?
- What measurable objectives will I used to evaluate whether I improved or not?

In any case, what the aviation community wants is safe pilots. If you are not currently a safe pilot, whether due to skills that still need developed, attitude concerns, or health matters, we want one of two things: we want you to improve, or we don't want you flying. If you are willing to improve your skills, attitudes, and in some cases, your health, then we're all for it, and you will find a wonderful group of people who are willing to help you accomplish that goal. If you are unwilling to, or unable to improve in those areas, then we wish you the best of luck in your other endeavors.

Aviation is in many ways what you make of it. Right now, it seems that you are making aviation a negative in your life. Don't let aviation do that. Either work hard to make it a positive, or make the decision to choose something else before this drags you down even more.

In any case, blue skies!

I wish you answered first..the only friends I make.nowadays long term, are people like you . Thanks I'll keep it all in mind

Why do religious people always fking think everyone else must be religious as well. Have you ever considered that someone may be atheist? This is something that baffles the mind of most if not all of the religious. Always asking me are you x religion and if I say no, they go through a fking list of religions. I'm sorry but in this case I do get upset. Tired of hearing others tell me to delude my self in a massive group delusion for the bs placebo effect of "omg everything's better now"...
No offense to the faithful by the way but it gets tiring and irritating when I always have people run throigh a list of religions asking if I am one of those when I say no to the first option

Notice that even though, as my username indicates, I am one of those "religious people" you refer to (quite derogatorily, I might add), yet my first response was not about that. I don't know the religious leanings of the person who posted the message you were responding to, but his suggestion was very general in nature, suggesting that you seek guidance from someone you trust. His reference to your spiritual leader was encouraging you to get help from someone even if it wasn't a licensed therapist, due to the fact that some therapy can show up on your medical files and make it harder for you to get a medical certificate down the line.

On the other hand, if I believe that there is only one way to heaven (which I do) and that if you don't take that option, there are horrific consequences, wouldn't it show you that I care if I try to help you avoid those consequences? Not shoving anything down anybody's throat, but perhaps you should see that those people who are upsetting you so vehemently are actually trying to look out for you! When you respond aggressively, you indicate that you DON'T want people to care about you. Just as you have the right to respond as you have, you could also politely decline.
I know you said you weren't trying to offend the faithful, but when you lump them all in together, you are attacking the faithful right along with the nominal.

I wish you answered first..the only friends I make.nowadays long term, are people like you. Thanks I'll keep it all in mind
I'll be honest, I am probably one of the lower time pilots on the forum who responds regularly. Many of these guys have SOOO much more experience and aviation knowledge/skill than I do, and maybe ever will! Even if their tone comes off as abrasive, they are worth listening too. And in my experience, the times when it SEEMS most abrasive is when they are responding to something that they see as dangerous (in this case your attitude, but in other cases when somebody does something foolish or at best questionable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back