Just had a TOL Eval. Went pretty badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great reason to be rude to people. I ought to try that some time.

Yep. You got me.

Wait... which is it? This, or 'I do it because I'm online?' Or are you saying that you're always this rude online?

HAHAHAHA

Your haha is irrelevant. Thays what's happened 100% of the time in my life

Besides, I already said. I'm quitting aviation. All of you can go to sleep being EXTREMELY HAPPY now and elated. All of you can say "yes, we pressured him to quit..now we are so happy now"

Yup all of you got to me today and I called in to say I'm quitting and asked for a refund. Please close the thread

I do it because I'm online and anonymous. I don't care about maintaining an online reputation here and quite frankly want this thread closed and I'm done here.

Whether your behavior is different in person versus online is immaterial; actually, I would say that maintaining two completely different personalities is a symptom of the problem. The problem is your entire thought process about pretty much everything is demented. Your mental model about how the world works is not right. You think that you need to be nice to your INSTRUCTOR because you intimidate him and make him feel insecure? That is so preposterous it's hard to believe you can actually believe what you're writing. You really truly need a psychotherapist.

Last edited:
I do it because I'm online and anonymous. I don't care about maintaining an online reputation here and quite frankly want this thread closed and I'm done here. My issues were answered by the few normal sane people here who actually tried to understand what happened and put themselves in my shoes. The rest of you were all arrogant cocky people who behave with no empathy or understanding while at the same time trying to pass of your negative traits and imply that I have them based on how I talk online. This is how I talk online pretty much all the time. I know the difference between being talking online like this to strangers and ensuring I do everything I can in real life to ensure I don't hurt someone's ego or feelings. It's a constant struggle honestly, holding myself back from saying something to someone insecure trying to act tough or cocky to me, but knowing I'd do years of psychological harm to them if I say something, so I just accept it and let it go, most of you here wouldn't hesitate for a moment to destroy someone if they said something minor to you, and I'm the one who's not humble based on how I act online? Yall have it backwards. You can act however you want online, but most of you are all goody goody on internet forums and can be either full insecure and shy in real life or completelt arrogant and irritating in real life. That's all let's close this

BTW yes I do go in convos or meetinfs open mindedly, but I keep that laundry list as you mentioned always ready. The moment I sense their frustrations or insecurities come out, I ease it back in, one way is to make myself purposely look bad, I'll lie and say something like "oh my life is real bad I have no friends, never had a partner, never had a job, and drive a 1985 Honda", obviously not like that or always the same thing. But anything in that moment which will help them out, that way they can FOCUS on doing their dam job so I can get what I came for. Otherwise I'd have to deal with their personal bs first and never get what I need, especially when I PAID for it

Your story changes from post to post and your attitude is combative and hostile. You accuse people of being duplicitous while admitting to lying and manipulating your way through every conversation you have with an unknown quantity of supposedly insecure people (which has changed from everyone to 1% of people). I think if you want empathy and understanding, you need to get it through your head first that pilots aren't fond of people who aren't honest with themselves. They offer very little empathy to posters exhibiting symptoms of attitudes that will kill them later, and are absolutely fine with dishing out tough love. None of us know you in person. All we know is the you that you have chosen to portray yourself as, which is not a pretty picture.

Also. Humble people don't talk about how humble they are. By very virtue of recognizing how humble you are, you cease to be humble. It's one of the unique paradoxes of the human condition.

You know what your right im quitting this path. Ok by everyone let's close this out.

I am not trying to get you to quit, and I doubt anyone else here really wants you to, either. I would love to know that you get over this and become an airline pilot and live an awesome, adventurous life. Your current attitudes - both the one you claim to have in real life and the one you are currently exhibiting - will be a real hindrance to you in life as you age and come across people with real integrity. Manipulation and lying are not good foundations for anything.

So... every time anyone ever said something mean it stuck with you for years? Wow. Or are you saying that something you've said stuck with someone else for years?

Your story changes from post to post and your attitude is combative and hostile. You accuse people of being duplicitous while admitting to lying and manipulating your way through every conversation you have with an unknown quantity of supposedly insecure people (which has changed from everyone to 1% of people). I think if you want empathy and understanding, you need to get it through your head first that pilots aren't fond of people who aren't honest with themselves. They offer very little empathy to posters exhibiting symptoms of attitudes that will kill them later, and are absolutely fine with dishing out tough love. None of us know you in person. All we know is the you that you have chosen to portray yourself as, which is not a pretty picture.

Also. Humble people don't talk about how humble they are. By very virtue of recognizing how humble you are, you cease to be humble. It's one of the unique paradoxes of the human condition.

I am not trying to get you to quit, and I doubt anyone else here really wants you to, either. I would love to know that you get over this and become an airline pilot and live an awesome, adventurous life. Your current attitudes - both the one you claim to have in real life and the one you are currently exhibiting - will be a real hindrance to you in life as you age and come across people with real integrity. Manipulation and lying are not good foundations for anything.

Read my posts carefully first. Your slightly confused but you got most of my posts but there were some misunderstandings.

I never said I'm humble. I said I behave humble and make myself as average or even below as average to encourage everyone else. People feel better about themselves and gain confidence and courage when they see someone they think is beneath them. That's just what I do now. Now if I meet someone serious that I care for, it's different, like it was with my ex wife for example. But that's a whole nother story

Anyway, no its too late I quit. Thanks everyone.

Oh and this is his I've always been online since 1999. I create a new account, make my post, always stays at number 1 on thr forum for however long I post, and leave. The results are the same..I behave a certain way online and everyone assumes thats the real me. Maybe it is idk. But I do know in the outside world, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt first. Anyway all of you succeeded. You wanted me to quit, I did. Maybe it's just not for me. I can tell 80% here secretly will sleep so happy been this. Thanks and bye.

Last edited:
Fixing that for you:

In short, yes, you should be more selfish, in the sense that you should be concerned with things that are your responsibility, rather than things that are not.

THIS. I wasn't going to respond as I'm just starting my training (4hours of flight) and thought I wouldn't have much to contribute, aviation-wise. However, I'm well-versed in communication (it has been my job for over 20 years).

@ImAParrot : I will say this...I won't be upset if I fail anything in aviation, while learning, because that means I am NOT ready. I am NOT safe enough to be in an aircraft alone. I welcome the constructive criticism from my CFIs, because it is for my well-being and those I am around in the skies. It is their job to teach me what I do NOT know and to help me improve on what I do know.

If you feel that your CFI has stank attitude towards you, approach him about it, professionally. Let him know how it affects you, let him respond and then keep it moving.

You are NOT there for him, but there for YOU. From what I keep reading, there seems to be a lack of self-evaluation going on. I mean this in the most respectful way possible. As individuals we MUST self-evaluate and we SHOULD do it often. This should apply to everyone living.

However, aviation is no simple thing (as you know)-- it's dense and it requires much thought and focus. You legit can not do either if you are so focused on this CFI. Forget about the money you've put into it. Do you want to be a pilot or not?

If you do, then you MUST keep going and figure out why you are obsessing over this CFI. Whatever his issue is...it is HIS alone. Whatever your issue is..it is YOURS alone. You must be able to differentiate the two and sort it out quickly.

I recommend you taking a break (a week or two) and evaluate yourself, and what you want and how you intend to get it done. If the end result brings you back to this school and this CFI, then you must be willing to move forward and achieve the goal. I would recommend you listen to the CFI and his critiques, apply them, and have an open mind doing it.

He has an instructor's license and you have none. You are paying him to instruct you; gain knowledge based on that alone. The amount of time you spent learning about his background and history, you could've used that time to study and evaluate where you are lacking. Stop pouring energy into this CFI and rather pour into YOURSELF. You shouldn't let anyone stop you from reaching this goal..including yourself.

I wish you the best!

I have considered doing this next time. I haven't had the opportunity yet. I'm hoping this as well. I hope.

Don't "consider doing it"...do it.

There is no "Pilot" without communication. You should ask him IF he has an issue with you and ask him to speak bluntly. At this point, beating around the bush is wasting your time. Get him to tell you what his issue is. You might be surprised that he either has none and/or might learn about something you're overlooking in your training.

Don't "consider doing it"...do it.

There is no "Pilot" without communication. You should ask him IF he has an issue with you and ask him to speak bluntly. At this point, beating around the bush is wasting your time. Get him to tell you what his issue is. You might be surprised that he either has none and/or might learn about something you're overlooking in your training.

But I already quit guys..why are you telling me to stick with it? You won.

Last edited:
Oh and this is his I've always been online since 1999. I create a new account, make my post, always stays at number 1 on thr forum for however long I post, and leave. The results are the same..I behave a certain way online and everyone assumes thats the real me. Maybe it is idk. But I do know in the outside world, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt first. Anyway all of you succeeded. You wanted me to quit, I did. Maybe it's just not for me. I can tell 80% here secretly will sleep so happy been this. Thanks and bye.

Unless I’m completely misreading, this is a confession of trolldom.

Stop trying to read other people’s minds, you suck at it and it’s your downfall.

You have to earn respect, it’s not freely given.

Use the time and energy you waste on excuses and blaming everyone else for your failures to improve, you’ll be much happier not being so self destructive.

Writing long trollish diatribes like this is not an accomplishment, it’s a sign of a miserable, unhappy existence. The good news is that’s easy to change and you’ll start feeling much better about yourself.

It’s probably a good idea for you to give up flying until you fix whatever is troubling you. You have to be teachable and much less paranoid. Otherwise you are dangerous in an airplane.

Best of luck.

Stop trying to read other people’s minds, you suck at it and it’s your downfall.

You have to earn respect, it’s not freely given.

Use the time and energy you waste on excuses and blaming everyone else for your failures to improve, you’ll be much happier not being so self destructive.

Writing long trollish diatribes like this is not an accomplishment, it’s a sign of a miserable, unhappy existence. The good news is that’s easy to change and you’ll start feeling much better about yourself.

It’s probably a good idea for you to give up flying until you fix whatever is troubling you. You have to be teachable and much less paranoid. Otherwise you are dangerous in an airplane.

Best of luck.

ham.jpg

This one doesn’t quite rise to the level of the “Lean Forward” thread from the red board but probably makes the top 50 of Trolldom on POA. Maybe CowboyPilot has been reincarnated.

Why do religious people always fking think everyone else must be religious as well. Have you ever considered that someone may be atheist? This is something that baffles the mind of most if not all of the religious. Always asking me are you x religion and if I say no, they go through a fking list of religions. I'm sorry but in this case I do get upset. Tired of hearing others tell me to delude my self in a massive group delusion for the bs placebo effect of "omg everything's better now".

And no I don't need therapy. I got too comfortable there because I had no issues with anyone in my school until this one person. I won't be doing that anymore.

My dealings with 99% of people are fine now, I have no social anxiety or public speech issues. Now I go into every situation realizing most people are insecure, or anxious, or seek attention and likes, etc, and I ensure to do everything to make them comfortable, and it succeeds. And it always works. If there is someone that I don't get along with, I laugh it off and walk away. But it depends on the situation, if I'm part of an organization and the person is my superior and is power tripping, I have to stay silent, or ask them what the problem is at the very least. I haven't had the opportunity to do this yet but will report back when I do. If he wasn't my superior his blood would be boiling the moment he realized his attempt at disrespect hilariously failed right away. Im always aware of people's insecurities and egos and handle them well. It doesn't help that in my culture, when youre with the "boss", we are taught to suck it up and be as submissive as possible, unfortunately this method doesn't work sometimes due to cultural clashes. I don't brag. I don't show off. I don't talk excessively or get too personal. If someone compliments me, I downplay it saying I was probably lucky, or it was nothing special, etc. I do everything to make the other person feel comfortable first

No offense to the faithful by the way but it gets tiring and irritating when I always have people run throigh a list of religions asking if I am one of those when I say no to the first option

Nah, popcorn ain’t gonna cut it....

upload_2023-6-15_8-42-2.jpeg

Besides, I already said. I'm quitting aviation. All of you can go to sleep being EXTREMELY HAPPY now and elated. All of you can say "yes, we pressured him to quit..now we are so happy now"

Yup all of you got to me today and I called in to say I'm quitting and asked for a refund. Please close the thread

Threads rarely go away and will be here for years to come.
Sorry to hear that your quiting if you are for real. They say that only 20% make it through training and it looks like your in the 80%. Nothing to be proud of.
Refund? I paid as I went. I read that you got a loan for this? I still wouldn't pay ahead.
There is so much wrong with your thinking...good luck as your gonna need it sounds.

Last edited:
Maybe they’re hard on you because they like you. I’d rather have that than someone pat me on the head and say, “Good job! At least you tried!”

The latter

That is why I laughed. You are not an omniscient being with knowledge of other's minds, regardless of what YOU think. You have convinced yourself that you know the innermost thoughts and fears of everyone you meet and are thus incapable of learning new skills or accepting criticism.

Reactions: Tai
That is why I laughed. You are not an omniscient being with knowledge of other's minds, regardless of what YOU think. You have convinced yourself that you know the innermost thoughts and fears of everyone you meet and are thus incapable of learning new skills or accepting criticism.

I wouldn't say incapable. Even a dog with a shock collar can be taught where not to ****. OP probably just needs to set the bar lower.

We used to run our students through the evaluation for the Five Hazardous Attitudes. A series of questions, with multiple-choice answers, then a graph that shows where that student falls on the various attitudes. All of us tend to have one attitude that is bigger than the others, but the ideal is a pretty level graph, a little of everything.

The guys that scored high on any one Attitude would get ticked. "That's not me!" they'd say. "Yes it is," the others would retort. See, we don't see ourselves as other see us, and it's up to us to use a little introspection and figure out why we're having certain troubles. It's most often an internal problem.

The test: https://www.faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/28/198/AC 60-22.pdf

Reactions: Tai
I think it's customary now for OP to commit digital seppuku and delete all of his posts and possibly his account and ragequit. Quote your favorite bits now before they're gone forever. :D
I wish I'd remembered to memorialize the other recent trolls post, the pilot guy who claimed he worked from home making OnlyFans content with his partner to pay for his airplane. That was some next level trolling!

This guy I thought had a shot at being real, albeit immature... How wrong I was!

So when people rag on millenials -- this is what they're referring to. Neat to see it in such a concentrated form for study and contemplation.

Except it’s probably not a millennial; more like some retired guy with nothing better to do than to stir the $***pot while pretending to be the millennial they so loathe.

Stinky bait was very stinky, but sure hooked a lot of fish.

We used to run our students through the evaluation for the Five Hazardous Attitudes. A series of questions, with multiple-choice answers, then a graph that shows where that student falls on the various attitudes. All of us tend to have one attitude that is bigger than the others, but the ideal is a pretty level graph, a little of everything.

The guys that scored high on any one Attitude would get ticked. "That's not me!" they'd say. "Yes it is," the others would retort. See, we don't see ourselves as other see us, and it's up to us to use a little introspection and figure out why we're having certain troubles. It's most often an internal problem.

The test: https://www.faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/28/198/AC 60-22.pdf
So I just spent the past 45 minutes taking the test...then added up the scores and...drum roll please....30 in EVERY.SINGLE.CATEGORY. (really, I'm not joking, and I took it seriously too) Now what??? Does it mean I have no hazardous attitudes, or I have all of them???

So I just spent the past 45 minutes taking the test...then added up the scores and...drum roll please....30 in EVERY.SINGLE.CATEGORY. (really, I'm not joking, and I took it seriously too) Now what??? Does it mean I have no hazardous attitudes, or I have all of them???
Just responding off-the-cuff here, those tests are just designed to keep you down. Real Men don’t take them, because we’re not like the rest of the world to whom bad stuff happens.

I don’t know why I even bother trying to explain this…

Just responding off-the-cuff here, those tests are just designed to keep you down. Real Men don’t take them, because we’re not like the rest of the world to whom bad stuff happens.

I don’t know why I even bother trying to explain this…
200w.gif

No dangerous attitudes. A small amount of each is beneficial. To much leads to trouble. For instance, there are times you might need to refuse an instruction form a controller, because to comply would be dangerous. But to be anti-authority in general pretty much guarantees problems. Most of those regulations were written in someone's blood, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back