It’s just a ****ing game

KC **** your bbq **** your football team **** your mothers f

Did I miss something?

Super.

Well, 72 thousand people spent a lot of money just to sit there and watch it, with millions watching it start to finish on TV.

Wait? Did Taylor Swift forget she was supposed to do a political endorsement after KC won?

I don't watch football but I always watch the super bowl. It's literally the only game I watch all year, start to finish. This one will be one of the most memorable ones I've watched. It was an amazing game and great halftime show.

My question was who won the Super Bowl two years ago? Don’t look it up. From memory. Most people don’t remember. But it was extremely important at the time.
If professional sports went away as a form of entertainment, would it matter to the world.?
And yet we spend huge sums of money, time and effort on it.

As one who grew up in Kansas City, I found it exciting, nerve-wracking, and overall one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever. SF played well enough to win and so did KC. Neither was dominant, both had mistakes from key players (CMC fumble, Pacheco fumble, Mahomes pick, blocked XP), and both struggled to get the ball in the end zone on key drives.

I understand Shanahan's decision to take the ball first in overtime in case both teams score evenly, you get the chance to kick a field goal for the win. I also understand why the Chiefs would want to kick first in overtime. In the end, they both got what they wanted regardless of the coin toss, so it came down to who could execute in OT.

I do not think the Chiefs were the best team in the league this year, but they beat some of the best teams en route to the title. "You gotta beat the best to be the best." With that in mind, any time 15 is on the field, there's a chance.

As one who grew up in Kansas City, I found it exciting, nerve-wracking, and overall one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever. SF played well enough to win and so did KC. Neither was dominant, both had mistakes from key players (CMC fumble, Pacheco fumble, Mahomes pick, blocked XP), and both struggled to get the ball in the end zone on key drives.

I understand Shanahan's decision to take the ball first in overtime in case both teams score evenly, you get the chance to kick a field goal for the win. I also understand why the Chiefs would want to kick first in overtime. In the end, they both got what they wanted regardless of the coin toss, so it came down to who could execute in OT.

I do not think the Chiefs were the best team in the league this year, but they beat some of the best teams en route to the title. "You gotta beat the best to be the best." With that in mind, any time 15 is on the field, there's a chance.
Shanahan's D also just spend the last 3-4 minutes of the 4th quarter fighting off KC's game-tying drive. It was smart of him to elect to get the ball first in OT to give his Defensive unit a breather.

I think the key moment was the punt hitting the SF blocker's ankle. The ensuing TD swung KC's fortunes and gave them a significant push in momentum.

Back when the game was earlier in the day, we used to look forward to Superbowl Sunday... it meant lighter crowds at the ski area.

Back when the game was earlier in the day, we used to look forward to Superbowl Sunday... it meant lighter crowds at the ski area.

We were at Copper and Steamboat, respectively, when Denver played in the 2013 and 2015 Super Bowls. Glorious ski days overall.

My question was who won the Super Bowl two years ago? Don’t look it up. From memory. Most people don’t remember. But it was extremely important at the time.
If professional sports went away as a form of entertainment, would it matter to the world.?
And yet we spend huge sums of money, time and effort on it.
There is a purpose and a market for escapist recreation and exhibition. Any particular instance not being enduring doesn't make the entire venture worthless.

I didn't have a dog in this fight, except I was hoping for Taylor to lose because I detest the rank pandering to marginal fans by putting her on screen at every opportunity. Let the NFL find out how many jerseys Taylor fans buy that AREN'T Travis Kelsey, or how attendance and ratings plummet next year when Taylor isn't appearing because she doesn't have a tour to promote.

I think the key moment was the punt hitting the SF blocker's ankle. The ensuing TD swung KC's fortunes and gave them a significant push in momentum.
That was huge, but the blocked extra point was really critical as well.

Only NFL game I watched all season, though I watched a lot of college ball. It was a good game with a great finish, two very closely matched teams, and the Purdy "Mr. Irrelevant" story adds a bit of drama. The commercials weren't great and that halftime show (hiphop roller derby?!) sucked and the commentary could have been a lot better, but the game itself was pretty good.

The blocked extra point made all the difference. If the rest of the game had been exactly the same except for that extra point going through, then the 49ers win and there's no OT. Leo Chenal should be the MVP, as that one move is what enabled the Chiefs' win.

Not a pro football fan -- at all. Literally never watch it. The extend of my football fandom is watching my beloved Huskers (which probably says something about masochistic tendencies, but that's another story). That said, last night I did actually watch the game, start to finish, excluding the halftime show. Was glad to see KC win, which is really the closest I've ever gotten to giving a flying toss about the outcome of any pro game.

I legitimately trying to remember if all of the people squawking about Taylor Swift did the same when it was Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson?
As a Dallas cowboys fan I do recall her being shown in the Stands very frequently but I don't know if I recall all of the back and forth.

Granted Jessica Simpson is in no way in the same level of the atmosphere as Taylor Swift but she did get a lot of screen time during the games.

I will say that I liked Tony Romo’s commentary for the game. He gave a lot of insight as to what a quarterback sees and what he would do to adjust. I should add that I was never, nor will I ever be a Dallas fan.

I could have done without the hip hop, goofy arsed clothes, roller skates and marching band.

Did you watch the whole game? My take was the first half was excruciatingly boring, commercials sucked, halftime show sucked, but the second half was pretty exciting with a crazy finish.
We took advantage of recording capability, so while we skipped most of the first half, we watched the last 5-6 minutes of the first half when it go interesting. Then we skipped the end-of-half talking heads and watched the golf playoff. The half time show wasn't exactly my genre although Usher isn't that bad. We watched the second half and it was pretty good. There but for a missed PAT...

We did have to lower the volume for Romo. He was giving me a huge headache. Kept waiting for Nance to tell him to shut up for a while.

Wait a minute, are we calling Usher's music hip-hop now? Or is that some sort of all-encompassing euphemism like when my south african acquaintances say "ze blecks" ? :p

Shanahan's D also just spend the last 3-4 minutes of the 4th quarter fighting off KC's game-tying drive. It was smart of him to elect to get the ball first in OT to give his Defensive unit a breather.
I don’t think we need to hear about somebody’s “D” and balls…this thread is about the Super Bowel!

Back