iOS 10

Anybody notice the battery run down faster?

Mine is just about ran down for the day. And I don't think I used it more than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet... but this reminds me to go through a checklist of power consumers and switch off anything the update switched on and I don't need/want.

Found a ForeFlight problem earlier this morning and reported it. I have already received confirmation they were able to reproduce it. The working hypothesis is iOS 10 compatibility is the probable culprit.

Anybody notice the battery run down faster?

Mine is just about ran down for the day. And I don't think I used it more than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that is spends the first day or three re-indexing things which burns a lot of battery.

Found a ForeFlight problem earlier this morning and reported it. I have already received confirmation they were able to reproduce it. The working hypothesis is iOS 10 compatibility is the probable culprit.

They still haven't cleared it yet so your report (perhaps amongst others) will probably delay that, until they've shoved an update through Apple's App Store.

They still haven't cleared it yet so your report (perhaps amongst others) will probably delay that, until they've shoved an update through Apple's App Store.
Yep, probably. I figured I'd take a shot and install iOS 10 since I had no "ForeFlight critical" flights coming up in the short term. I used to be a pretty good beta tester and guess I never lost the "talent" for finding problems.

I believe that is spends the first day or three re-indexing things which burns a lot of battery.

True, same issue when ios9 first came out.... that's why wiping the IDevice and reloading it was recommended back then, iOS 10 just seem to have dumped a lot of bloat and has a smaller foot print now.

I found on the iPad that the screen auto lock didn't engage and really drained the battery.

If you have this issue, you have to disable pass codes, reboot then re-engage passcode, keep the fingerprints if you use them

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7666666?start=0&tstart=0

On the same note, anyone get the iPhone 7 yet? I talked to Verizon and if I trade in my 6 I can get the 32 GB 7 for free and if I pay $100 I can get the 128GB.

How about bloat?

How bad is the performance hit from, say iOS 9.1?

Too bad they can't make these things slimmer.

How about bloat?

How bad is the performance hit from, say iOS 9.1?

Too bad they can't make these things slimmer.

Apple actually put iOS on a diet...

"In iOS 10, Apple may further optimize storage management. As seen in the image above, an iOS user sporting a 128GB iPhone 6s Plus got an extra 9GB of space after moving to the first iOS 10 beta. This person only deleted four songs after upgrading to the beta, with everything else staying the same. The user-accessible storage went from 113GB on iOS 9.3.2 to almost 122GB on iOS 10, marking an 8% bump in storage. On a 16GB iPhone, that would net you almost 1GB of extra space – that’s assuming iOS 10 requires even less storage than its predecessor."

Attachments

• IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 14
I noticed the increased battery drain on the iPad air2 since installing iOS 10, did a reset all settings but kept all the data, battery is holding strong ever since.

Garmin pilot won't show airspace or airport info on the garmin charts. Still get weather, metars, etc. is this a bug with iOS 10? iPad Air 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I accidentally updated it via cloud update. I really, intensely, dislike it.

I've had the iPhone for a few weeks now. So far so good. Took me getting used to unlocking the phone with the home button instead of swiping but I got over it. Battery last a long time, camera is good, and it's nice to have 128GB of memory. The only thing I had to deal with was iCloud not backing up all my contacts. Luckily I didn't erase everything off my old iPhone yet so I was able to get them transferred over using Verizon's backup assistant app.

I accidentally updated it via cloud update. I really, intensely, dislike it.

I did mine. I don't intensely dislike it, but I can't find any compelling reason for the upgrade. Someone said it'd save a gig a space maybe, so I did it. It didn't.

Looking forward to moving over to the Android ecosystem for less $, other than losing Foreflight, when the time comes to replace phones. Probably keep one iPad for FF and that'll be the only reason I have iOS at all.

I've had the iPhone for a few weeks now. So far so good. Took me getting used to unlocking the phone with the home button instead of swiping but I got over it. . .

If you go into settings, under Accessibility, you can turn off the home button pressing to revert back to the old way.

I did mine. I don't intensely dislike it, but I can't find any compelling reason for the upgrade. Someone said it'd save a gig a space maybe, so I did it. It didn't.

Looking forward to moving over to the Android ecosystem for less $, other than losing Foreflight, when the time comes to replace phones. Probably keep one iPad for FF and that'll be the only reason I have iOS at all.

I wish my company would change to a BYOD program instead of the company-provided iPhone. I'd love to go back to a Samsung Galaxy/Note or similar platform. So much easier to customize.

I just installed it on my 6S - it's fine, but other than a few cosmetic changes and a bunch of messaging features aimed at 12 year olds, it doesn't seem too much different.

There's also some weird thing that happens randomly when I try to send a text message. It goes to another screen with my post on it, and I can't back out of it. The only way I can get back is to exit the app, and kill its running status and reopen it.

I turned off "raise to wake", but other than that, it is OK. I like the new Maps app better.

If you go into settings, under Accessibility, you can turn off the home button pressing to revert back to the old way.

I wish my company would change to a BYOD program instead of the company-provided iPhone. I'd love to go back to a Samsung Galaxy/Note or similar platform. So much easier to customize.

I can't find the option to restore swiping. Where specifically under accessibility?

I turned off "raise to wake", but other than that, it is OK. I like the new Maps app better.

Well Maps couldn't get anything but better. There's been better mapping apps out since around iPhone 4 and they finally caught up, maybe.

Well Maps couldn't get anything but better. There's been better mapping apps out since around iPhone 4 and they finally caught up, maybe.

I did notice the traffic presentation is much better. Hard to be Google for map functionality though.

I can't find the option to restore swiping. Where specifically under accessibility?

It doesn't revert to swiping - it just makes it unnecessary to depress the home button. Then it reverts to just unlocking with your fingerprint.

General>Accessibility>Home Button>Rest Finger To Open

It doesn't revert to swiping - it just makes it unnecessary to depress the home button. Then it reverts to just unlocking with your fingerprint.

General>Accessibility>Home Button>Rest Finger To Open

Okay I Googled and found that, and it worked on the Iphone, but no such setting is present on the Ipad.

I just completed a flight running it and FF on an iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6s Plus. I didn't notice a difference.

Haven't been using it long enough to try out all the features but it seems like just another minor update with a few changes. Need to try the new music app, anything has to be an improvement over what they had.

Waze has become our go-to navigation app.

Same here. Mostly because the few times a month it re-routes me on my long commutes, it's absolutely right. Whenever I have ignored it, I've always enjoyed a big ol' traffic jam.

The downside is, you have to run it religiously and I get tired of it babbling, even on the lower talking settings. I don't want to turn the voice prompts all the way off, but I wish it had a "shut up unless you have something important to say" button for typical commutes.

Ditto for Waze. It's perfect for what I need.

email threading ... nice feature but what the heck? Let's drop you into the message with old stuff above and old stuff below and now - try to figure out where the last message is?
Turn on "Last message at top" in Mail, Settings, Threading ...

so far so good. coupl'a things I need to get used to but overall response time is better. I did have one crash the other night, thing completely locked up on me. I personally have never seen that before on any iPhone I've had. otherwise I like it.

Back