I landed safely (Doug Barr aka coloradobluesky)

coloradobluesky

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
coloradobluesky
Flew up to Greeley and lunch then back to Erie. Everything was fine, we had a good lunch. Landed normally, taxied to hangar, got car out of hangar, got ready to put plane in hangar and I had a SEIZURE whole right side. Had to lie down on the tarmac, twitching. Christian called 911 and ambulance came and took me to the hospital where I got diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma Brain Cancer.! A WHOPPER diagnosis. Two weeks in the hospital and now Im out. I cant even drive. Had to hire a chauffer, Jose is my driver for errands. Not really in pain but diagnosis is poor. Woulda been better to have croaked on the tarmac. What a way to go!

Still own the plane, a nice stock IFR 1996 Aviat Husky with 850 hours and used to fly reguarly. Someoe can get a good deal on it. I think it books at about 85k. Lands and takes off short, can go 120 Knots top speed. I fly it a 20/20 , go 95 knots and burn 5.5 an hour. Looking to sell it. Its always been hangared. Famous previous ownership.

Bummer to hear that. I will say that I know from family members that have had various forms of cancer, that attitude does help. My BIL's sister was married to an Austin cop that was learning to fly. Landed after a lesson and was walking to the FBO with his instructor and went face down on the ramp in an instant and was unconscious before he hit. He was diagnosed with a Stage 4 tumor, but fought it aggressively for several years before finally succumbing to it. The dr's originally gave him 3-4 months. Will keep you and your family in our thoughts.....

I got all this death energy. Im going to have a funeral and be there. I can still sing and play guitar, and I rock! My latest hit is "White Rabbit" Jeff Airplane. "One pill mkes me learger and one pill makes me small. And the ones that mother gives me dont do anything at all"

Im going to develop super powers. I might become that weird creature on Twilight Zone that William Shatner was spooked by. Stand back, watch out, I ain't dead YET!

I got all this death energy. Im going to have a funeral and be there. I can still sing and play guitar, and I rock! My latest hit is "White Rabbit" Jeff Airplane. "One pill mkes me learger and one pill makes me small. And the ones that mother gives me dont do anything at all"

Im going to develop super powers. I might become that weird creature on Twilight Zone that William Shatner was spooked by. Stand back, watch out, I ain't dead YET!
Guitars are my secret weapons being stockpiled if I ever lose my medical!

Im planning to sing and play my guitar at June 5, Tuesday at Sweetwater Cafe in Louisville CO. History will be in the making. All will be cool. Free concert with other guitarists. My energy will be amazing. You will be scared and love it. Be there if you dare!!!!!!!!!

Power on, Coloradobluesky!

I am extremely sorry to read what happened and the diagnosis, but it’s good that the seizure occurred on the ground and not in the air. Especially since it sounds like you had a PAX. Prayers for you and your family.

Very very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you, hang in there!

So sorry to read this! My thoughts and prayers are with you, but the best thing to do is kick the crap outta that thing by rocking on, which sounds like you're doing!!!

Well that sucks, but I like your attitude. When laser beams start shooting out of you fingers on stage, make sure someone holds a phone up high and posts the video here.

OMG! That's awful. So sorry to hear that :(
What he said.

Horrible diagnosis, I hope there is some hope that it can go into remission.

Surely there must be someone that would gladly take you up for a ride once you are cleared to do so.

I knew someone who beat Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and got another 10 years on her life (finally lost her to a stroke).

Thoughts are with you.

If attitude does make a difference, cancer ain’t got a chance against you. You’re beating it back already. :)

Terrible news, wonderful attitude. While it's true that none of us get out alive, it's kind of cool to see someone give the Grim Reaper a giant bird whilst simultaneously mooning the harbinger of death and refusing to stop living while they still are. If we were still in CO we'd be there. I'll pick a few banjo tunes (maybe a few on the guitar, too) on June 5th just for you! Hang in there, get a consult from the good docs at UCH. There's a reason they're the number one cancer facility in the Rocky Mountain region. People come from all over the country to see the oncology docs there. I worked there for 13 years and have seen things that are nothing short of amazing. I spent a lot of time working in the Cancer Center, and, having worked in three states and 5 different hospital systems, I will honestly say that UCH tops the list. Repeatedly high national rankings do mean something. Enjoy every moment. That goes for every single on of us.

If attitude does make a difference, cancer ain’t got a chance against you. You’re beating it back already. :)

This. Says what I wish to convey too.

Thoughts and prayers to you!

Terrible news, wonderful attitude. While it's true that none of us get out alive, it's kind of cool to see someone give the Grim Reaper a giant bird whilst simultaneously mooning the harbinger of death and refusing to stop living while they still are. If we were still in CO we'd be there. I'll pick a few banjo tunes (maybe a few on the guitar, too) on June 5th just for you! Hang in there, get a consult from the good docs at UCH. There's a reason they're the number one cancer facility in the Rocky Mountain region. People come from all over the country to see the oncology docs there. I worked there for 13 years and have seen things that are nothing short of amazing. I spent a lot of time working in the Cancer Center, and, having worked in three states and 5 different hospital systems, I will honestly say that UCH tops the list. Repeatedly high national rankings do mean something. Enjoy every moment. That goes for every single on of us.

Yep Lachlan is spot on......and some talented neurosurgeons as well. I travel the country weekly working in the niche world of brain surgery and what you have in your back yard is as good as it gets.

Thanks for letting your POA friends know, we'll be thinking of you - please keep us up to date.

Wish there was something we could do to help. All I can say is fight it to the last moment. Attitude is huge in the fight and recovery.

keeping you in my thoughts. fight the good fight!!!!

Sorry to hear. But glad to hear you’re still around and able to do what you want/need. Keep on rockin’ on!

Prayers sent, including a prayer of thanks the seizure was on the ground and not in the air. Keep up your hopes. You received mercy in the timing, you’re still here, and it ain’t over yet. Crank up your trusty Gibson and wail, brother!

Holy crap @coloradobluesky !

Thanks for letting us know. If I wasn’t already taking Monday mostly off to finish up some things from Karen’s brother’s passing last year, I’d take Tuesday to come rock with you guys.

I know you already know that Stage 4 Melanoma that has metastasized to the brain, isn’t a great prognosis, but you have the right attitude. I won’t blow smoke up your nether-regions and I bet the docs haven’t either.

Live and enjoy every minute. My aunt did and it gave her more time, then one day she just knew when she was done with treatments.

Karen’s dad’s stroke didn’t get him, my dad’s did. So you’ve already beat some odds there!

Wow, I'm speechless. Sorry to hear.

I also need to sell my guns . They're all legal an very interesting

I fell into a burn in ring of fire
It went down down down
And the flames they got higher
And it burns burns burns
The ring of fire.....

I fell into a burn in ring of fire
It went down down down
And the flames they got higher
And it burns burns burns
The ring of fire.....

Ahh...don't go out burning man...fire hurts...BTDT and have the physical scars from one of the two times.

Oh, wow. So sorry to hear this. Joining others in wishing you the very best.
We haven’t met, but I’m very local to you.
Can you please post more details about your concert Tuesday? I would love to go cheer for you.

John sets up the sound system and several single acoustic acts come and plug in and sing. Ive done it twice. So far so good. Sweetwater cafe in Louisville CO on main street at 630 pm Tuesday June 5. No cover.

John sets up the sound system and several single acoustic acts come and plug in and sing. Ive done it twice. So far so good. Sweetwater cafe in Louisville CO on main street at 630 pm Tuesday June 5. No cover.

I’d love to come see ya, but that’s Karen’s night at rehearsal and I can’t get the dogs out to the prairie and then all the way back up to Louisville.

If it was a different night I could just come over from the Stapleton area.

Have fun man. Open stage night is always cool.

Back